Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #31
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The major grocery stores around here are closing at night to re-stock and clean. First hour in the morning if for elderly only - give them a fresh shot in a clean store without a crowd.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #32
Parson

Guess I stirred the pot on this one. For those that did not agree with my initial statement, we can just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Point being that most of you, and the country are cooped up at home ( myself included because I have 2 underlying medical issues that make me high risk) and could use a distraction. I can only watch so much netflix and other useless programming

It could be a win for the individual by having something to do and oh by the way, they might cash a ticket or 2. And a win for the industry we all care about on this forum.

I am not saying throw all caution to the wind. Just continue to do what is being done in most places if not all where they are racing. The jockeys are not all piled into the same locker room, the starting staff are monitored each and everyday upon hitting the clock. As for the barns, well, they have to be there anyway.

And for the SOB that said let the horses fend for themselves. I hope you were saying that tongue in cheek. If you were it was a poor attempt at humor. If you were not, well I will keep that thought to myself.
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parson View Post
And for the SOB that said let the horses fend for themselves. I hope you were saying that tongue in cheek. If you were it was a poor attempt at humor. If you were not, well I will keep that thought to myself.
Oy vey.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:27 AM   #34
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
They aren't doing what you suggest because it would be a completely tone deaf move...there's this virus going around...that we're supposed to fear like nothing else...it's gonna kill all our old and vulnerable (which makes up a giant chunk of our audience)...people are losing their jobs left and right as businesses shutter and people are locked up in their homes...

But hey, why not learn how to blow the last of your savings at the track?

Sounds like a good message to me...the response will probably be "well why the F are you guys still running races?"
Yes totally agree. It's like saying "Hey if you are so bored out of your mind, why not sign up with an online horse racing wagering account?" Were the only sport running where access to the public is forbidden!
Old 03-19-2020, 02:17 PM   #35
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
Yonkers closed due to COVID-19 death of a trainer.
At Gulfstream two jockeys are off their mounts today. Fingers crossed that it has nothing to do with COVID-19.

Was worried about all the Gulfstream jockey changes as well, but think they're accounted for:
Ortiz - needs to give wrist injury more time to heal
Gafflione - taking suspension days now
Rendon - believe he went back to South America for family issue...TVG said a rider off their mounts today did that, assume he was the one referenced
Velazquez - Perhaps he needs to isolate before going to Dubai?
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #36
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
I have heard that you have to have symptoms to get tested.

A new drive-thru COVID-19 testing center has opened in South Florida.

Community Health of South Florida began testing patients Wednesday at its Doris Ison Health Center, 10300 SW 216th St.

I spoke with them today. Not bad, 20 minutes on hold.
  • To get the test you have to have traveled to a list of countries they read off. China, Iran , EU, Japan.
OR
  • You have to know a person who tested positive and with whom you've had contact.

So getting tested does not appear to be an option. There is another other testing site in West Palm.
I don't know their criteria but it doesn't matter. They ran out of tests already.

Last edited by Suff; 03-19-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2020, 08:32 PM   #37
ultracapper

I have a friend that was tested and he said it was one of the most painful things he's ever endured. Q-tip went WAY up the nostril.

After complaining about the pain, you could see the relief in his face when he said he was negative.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2020, 11:12 PM   #38
cutchemist42

I think SA is doing some goodwill pledging the profits going to covid charity purposes.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2020, 04:06 PM   #39
ultracapper

Ad Nausea. Sorry.

It's not bad enough that GP 7th and SA 2nd are right on top of each other, so one will run live and the other will be on delay, but aren't GP and SA operated by the same people? Come on, is there any coordination here at all? Unbelievable. The only game in town and it's like the whole industry is fighting over the one bullet left in the chamber.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2020, 04:44 PM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

No one in the Stronach groups has ever heard of a TELEPHONE!

What a bunch of - seriously - TOTAL MAROONS

Racing might be limited, but it is going to take a hell of lot more than a world-wide pandemic to get Me to bet a single dollar on GP!
Old 03-21-2020, 05:02 PM   #41
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
No one in the Stronach groups has ever heard of a TELEPHONE!

What a bunch of - seriously - TOTAL MAROONS

Racing might be limited, but it is going to take a hell of lot more than a world-wide pandemic to get Me to bet a single dollar on GP!
They are such morons at Stronach. They couldn't wait to run Hollendorfer out, despite a very good record re: meds, yet they gave Navarro and Servis all the stalls they wanted at GP.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply