Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-06-2024, 05:12 PM   #1
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Pro-Handicap-Wizard 4.2 Grey

Hi Guys

A recent purchase: this software maybe worth evaluating, if only for a portion of the program called, "Integrity". This portion analyzes the race for either consistency of the entrants "speed" numbers or inconsistency of "speed" numbers of each entrant and "spits" out a number. This allows one to evaluate a race for predictability, or one which is unpredictive, or maybe a A race compared to a B, or C race (Ferro's book). One needs to research the Integrity #s to figure that out. But at just a glace you'll know the races which have a increase risk.

It's nicely colored in Excel, but I just purchased this program so can't say whether the prob. #'s are good. Probably like much of the software, some better at certain tracks, kinds of races, etc.

Had some issues getting registered, but JJ was very helpful.

Check it out, only $140, approximate, (tax, license, etc.) By the way I have NO financial interest in this program, just giving some thoughts about it.

Crest
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2024, 02:00 PM   #2
headhawg
crusty old guy

There's a whole other thread on this. Buyer beware.

HandicapWizard
Old 03-07-2024, 09:41 PM   #3
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

I was ok...worked out ok, so far...
Old 03-10-2024, 10:19 AM   #4
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestridge View Post
Hi Guys

A recent purchase: this software maybe worth evaluating, if only for a portion of the program called, "Integrity". This portion analyzes the race for either consistency of the entrants "speed" numbers or inconsistency of "speed" numbers of each entrant and "spits" out a number. This allows one to evaluate a race for predictability, or one which is unpredictive, or maybe a A race compared to a B, or C race (Ferro's book). One needs to research the Integrity #s to figure that out. But at just a glace you'll know the races which have a increase risk.

It's nicely colored in Excel, but I just purchased this program so can't say whether the prob. #'s are good. Probably like much of the software, some better at certain tracks, kinds of races, etc.

Had some issues getting registered, but JJ was very helpful.

Check it out, only $140, approximate, (tax, license, etc.) By the way I have NO financial interest in this program, just giving some thoughts about it.

Crest
With Turf module? and do they separate synthetic?

Also , things can be different with who's data you use?
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2024, 07:09 PM   #5
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

They offer a turf model, but I've not explored that option. But in my copy I haven't explored whether surface is mentioned or not. But I use jcp files, works fine in this product. I think they do advertise as a requirement, Excel 2020 or better. That could be a problem with some folks.

So far I'm not disappointed, but I had no high expectations, only to find something I can use. So far ok...my wife bought me a new HP laptop and am struggling with Windows 11, which is a new learning curve, but at some time or another we'll all have to advance from Windows 7, or less, I suppose.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:59 AM   #6
Saratoga

Quote:
They offer a turf model, but I've not explored that option. But in my copy I haven't explored whether surface is mentioned or not. But I use jcp files, works fine in this product. I think they do advertise as a requirement, Excel 2020 or better. That could be a problem with some folks.

So far I'm not disappointed, but I had no high expectations, only to find something I can use. So far ok...my wife bought me a new HP laptop and am struggling with Windows 11, which is a new learning curve, but at some time or another we'll all have to advance from Windows 7, or less, I suppose.
Turf is some of the best racing around ...to leave it out is a sellers con to

squeeze more money from you...

Excel 2020 ...

Did he says its a must? or its the one he uses?

Anyway....can you throw up a race for us?
Old 03-11-2024, 11:45 PM   #7
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

I purchased the program from e-Bay, and they advertise as a requirement, Excel 2020 or better.

To best see the program visually, go to YouTube and type in, "Pro-Handicap Wizard". There's a guy who analyzes several races with the program open on video, and you can get a "feel" for it visually.

You can handicap turf races with this program, they just have another program that does nothing but turf. Hope that helps!!!
Old 03-12-2024, 07:09 AM   #8
Saratoga

Quote:
I purchased the program from e-Bay, and they advertise as a requirement, Excel 2020 or better.

To best see the program visually, go to YouTube and type in, "Pro-Handicap Wizard". There's a guy who analyzes several races with the program open on video, and you can get a "feel" for it visually.

You can handicap turf races with this program, they just have another program that does nothing but turf. Hope that helps!!!
Thx Crest...

Just saw the video....Rebel Stks

Lots of colors and the usual calculation of common factors

Cheaper RPM stuff about the same
Old 03-12-2024, 11:52 PM   #9
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Go for it!!!
Old 03-13-2024, 07:46 AM   #10
Saratoga

Quote:
Go for it!!!
Not really...
Old 03-13-2024, 09:32 PM   #11
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

You're correct, stick with you're kind of cheaper software, RPM, where you'll get 40% ROI on all their items!!! Such a great deal!!! Go for it!!!