Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #1
lamboguy

after the bell

UNIQUE BELLA HAD $137,000 to win on her before the race started, when she blew the break she crossed the wire with $114,000 on her. i know someone must have made a mistake and had to cancel a large bet at the very last second!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #2
lamboguy

and by the way, the exacta paid less than the winner.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #3
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
UNIQUE BELLA HAD $137,000 to win on her before the race started, when she blew the break she crossed the wire with $114,000 on her. i know someone must have made a mistake and had to cancel a large bet at the very last second!
and without past posting, those are some smart guys
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
and by the way, the exacta paid less than the winner.
It was $11 for a dollar, 22 for two. That is messed up about the win money though.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 09:48 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Do you have this documented somewhere? I mean, this would be a pretty good start to lead somebody to look into it. Can anyone explain how this could happen?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 09:56 PM   #6
P Matties Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Do you have this documented somewhere? I mean, this would be a pretty good start to lead somebody to look into it. Can anyone explain how this could happen?
I'm with CJ. Don't hold back if you have this info.
P Matties Jr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Matties Jr View Post
I'm with CJ. Don't hold back if you have this info.
I'm actually here and am more than willing to go to the mutuels department and ask about this. But I can't do it with "lamboguy from the internet says so" as my evidence. Any screen shots? Somewhere I can check minute by minute, etc?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #8
MJC922

0MTP pool total was 192,410 and the odds were 1/9
Final pool total was 211,285 and the odds were 1/5

That's the most detail i have.

Last edited by MJC922; 04-14-2018 at 10:17 AM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #9
Ruffian1

Quote:
I'm actually here and am more than willing to go to the mutuels department and ask about this. But I can't do it with "lamboguy from the internet says so" as my evidence. Any screen shots? Somewhere I can check minute by minute, etc?
Hey CJ

I will probably be going to Laurel in a couple of weeks for the Derby. I know two guys that are very high up in the mutual dept. as well as one or two management people from my time there. Would it help if I asked them about these late cancellations and/or late piles of money that are coming in and ask them if anyone is looking into it?

If Lambo or anyone can give me something to lean on, it would be a huge help.
Ruffian1 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #10
lamboguy

[QUOTE=MJC922;2302646]0MTP pool total was 192,410 and the odds were 1/9
Final pool total was 211,285 and the odds were 1/5

That's the most detail i have.[/QUOTE pa has been telling us that 40% of the money has been registering in the pools after the race starts. this, the biggest race of the day only managed 10% from the last flash.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #11
098poi

Quote:
That's funny! Like taking medical advice from your friend Larry who is "the manager at Dunkin Donuts".
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #12
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #13
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Oaklawn can't do much about it, except refer it to their hub: UnitedTote, which can find out what, if anything happened and track down the outlet and hopefully an individual. Then they need to do something about it.

It's possible that the bet was canceled when the bettor saw the horse spooking before the race started. It's also possible that the bettor had a window of time (even as little as five seconds) to cancel after the race started. If so, that needs to be fixed.

For about a month in 2015, it was possible to cancel bets made on Australian racing up to five seconds after the race started. North American has its own proprietary pool based out of Woodbine for those races. Sky Racing shows the video feed in near-real-time; betting closes at the same time the race goes off on-screen (at least at Amwager or Xpressbet). For about a month, there was a five second window. If a horse didn't break well (and it happens a lot in Oz), or the horse didn't break favorably, the bet could be canceled for a few seconds afterwards. I did it a few times. After about a month, whatever was allowing that was fixed, but it did exist. If it existed then for Australia, it probably exists somewhere offshore for North American racing. If so, it needs to be corrected.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #14
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete View Post
Oaklawn can't do much about it, except refer it to their hub: UnitedTote, which can find out what, if anything happened and track down the outlet and hopefully an individual. Then they need to do something about it.

It's possible that the bet was canceled when the bettor saw the horse spooking before the race started. It's also possible that the bettor had a window of time (even as little as five seconds) to cancel after the race started. If so, that needs to be fixed.

For about a month in 2015, it was possible to cancel bets made on Australian racing up to five seconds after the race started. North American has its own proprietary pool based out of Woodbine for those races. Sky Racing shows the video feed in near-real-time; betting closes at the same time the race goes off on-screen (at least at Amwager or Xpressbet). For about a month, there was a five second window. If a horse didn't break well (and it happens a lot in Oz), or the horse didn't break favorably, the bet could be canceled for a few seconds afterwards. I did it a few times. After about a month, whatever was allowing that was fixed, but it did exist. If it existed then for Australia, it probably exists somewhere offshore for North American racing. If so, it needs to be corrected.
i have to admit that if i was on UNIQUE BELLA, i would have canceled before the race started as well. so maybe my example on this one doesn't prove anything. its just when i see that type of money come out of the pools my eyeballs start to dance.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #15
MJC922

Seems like it indicates a cancel to me. Seems unlikely that a 1/9 shot would take less than 15% of the last batch of money that came in.

And I agree that the amount of pool change being so small points in that same direction as well. It does vary quite a bit however from track to track and from race to race. Sometimes the bulk of the money comes in from 1MTP to 0MTP and sometimes 0MTP to final at the same track.

For example WO has the smallest avg change from 0 to final but one of the largest from 1 to 0MTP. Supposedly they're all working with the same 'antiquated' tote system so I don't see why we see variations like that for example a track like HAW has 1-0-F profile of 51%/34% and a track like FNO has 33%/20% when both have avg 50-55k final pool sizes. Who knows...

How the hubs play into all of this offsite pool aggregation is another variable.

Again exchanges (as an option) would put an abrupt end to this type of nonsense for people such as myself who have grown tired of being fodder for what may well even be lesser handicappers quite frankly.

There's no need to do away with the parimutuel system if exchanges are implemented, it would be another option for people who have serious doubts about the integrity of the current system.

Last edited by MJC922; 04-14-2018 at 12:58 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: