Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 07:16 AM   #46
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
Not sure I understand your fascination with this guy. Who is he? Never heard of him.
TP, you need to google the Paul Lo Duca Leaving TVG thread to fully understand this thread.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:36 AM   #47
Kevin Cox

I can't believe this thread

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, as I feel it's embarrassing on it's premise, but as things are inaccurately stated here, I figured I'd put the facts out here. ( Remember those? )

NEVER said that I was collecting for a Go Fund Me Page, and even told him that, but yet he is repeating here that I was. I stated "I am giving 5 times whatever my winners pay over a 3 day span to the PDJF in the MEMORY of Jose Flores --- feel free to match in whole or part." Never did I ever say "Give to Go Fund Me", I donated $497 on my own & followers kicked in an extra $700 for DISABLED RIDERS. You're gonna compare him to Johnny V.? Really ?? And you want to know what a rider REALLY makes before you throw out these numbers ?

He made $64,136,174 over 32 years. That's $2,004,255 of which he gets an estimated 10%.
That gives him $200,425 per year of which the agent gets 25%, leaving him $150, 310.
His valet gets 10% ( off the top # ) which leaves him $130,268, He's likely in the 30% tax bracket, leaving him $91,188.
Now he has to pay for insurance ( not like you or I, but a HIGH liability insurance ( and family ) of likely about $3,000 a month.
That leaves him $55,188. Now he has to pay for whips, boots, helmet covers, pants, winter gear, goggles, and the occasional saddle & helmet.
Toss in gas & tolls for driving all over the mid atlantic circuit and go at the very conservative $500 a month.
That means he CLEARED an average of $49,188 a year.
Give me a break already.

Let the rider rest in peace, and let this thread rest in peace.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #48
whisperlunch

Kevin, I apologized for hijacking your twitter response. Everyone commenting on this topic has basically said I was wrong and should have kept quiet. Now Whosonfirts is bringing up old topics I was involved in. I also have been told by more than one person active on this site that be very careful or you will get blocked if you post anything that goes against the main beliefs of the site owner / manager. So that’s why I said I’d probably get banned for starting this.
Look

I sincerely apologize. I like to have a little fun and stir the pot. This site is exactly made for debating and discussing horse racing topics. Obviously i was wrong.

Regards,

Doug
Old 03-30-2018, 01:28 PM   #49
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperlunch View Post
Kevin, I apologized for hijacking your twitter response. Everyone commenting on this topic has basically said I was wrong and should have kept quiet. Now Whosonfirts is bringing up old topics I was involved in. I also have been told by more than one person active on this site that be very careful or you will get blocked if you post anything that goes against the main beliefs of the site owner / manager. So that’s why I said I’d probably get banned for starting this.
Look

I sincerely apologize. I like to have a little fun and stir the pot. This site is exactly made for debating and discussing horse racing topics. Obviously i was wrong.

Regards,

Doug
Mike is way lenient when it comes to banning people. I have no idea who would tell you something that foolish. It simply isn't true.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:50 PM   #50
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I also have been told by more than one person active on this site that be very careful or you will get blocked if you post anything that goes against the main beliefs of the site owner / manager. So that’s why I said I’d probably get banned for starting this.
Welp...now I know you're a troll.

Whatever dude...
Old 03-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I also have been told by more than one person active on this site that be very careful or you will get blocked if you post anything that goes against the main beliefs of the site owner / manager.
And btw DOUG, this is total bullshit.

TONS of people "go against my main beliefs," not only in racing topics, but ESPECIALLY on off-topic, and they don't get banned (unless of course they're trolls).

Just look around. I know you can do that.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #52
JimG

I rarely read the off-topic forums. With that said, I have never been more disgusted by a horse racing thread in my almost 20 years here as a member. Hopefully PA will choose to close or delete it.

Jim

Last edited by JimG; 03-30-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:37 PM   #53
whisperlunch

What the heck is a troll? My gosh I posted a situation that happened and all sudden it’s the most disgusting thread of all time. Come on. Look I have said I was wrong but why are you guys piling on.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: