Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-16-2020, 06:31 PM   #1
MichaelKnowRacing

I likes to read some review on "BetMix"

I would love to, read review about "BetMix" good or bad,I hope good!
MichaelKnowRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2020, 07:40 PM   #2
lefty359

BETMIX

It's been talked about on this board. Like all software the reviews are mixed.
My advice, try it for a month and be your own reviewer.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
wolfpackin

I have used BetMix for the last several months with, no pun intended, mixed results. Birdog is probably its most dynamic feature. I spent a lot of hours watching instructional videos and creating my own mixes, digging deep and actually building mixes for specific tracks, race types, distance etc. but just couldn't get results.

The Birdog feature will give you its default selections (almost always the odds on favorite on top) and rate them with a score. I've back-tested the default selections using a variety of betting options, and couldn't find anything profitable.

It's database is extensive and the ability to create formulas (mixes) and test them against the historical database is awesome, but as they say: past performances are no guarantee for future results.

These are just some of my observations, and I am in no way an expert on BetMix.
wolfpackin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
It's been talked about on this board. Like all software the reviews are mixed.
My advice, try it for a month and be your own reviewer.
hi lefty! how you doing? can't get back to Vegas w/ this virus thing. you still hanging at jerrys?
chef

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnowRacing View Post
I would love to, read review about "BetMix" good or bad,I hope good!

I have been a BetMix user for the past few years and found it to be a great multi faceted application.
There are many instructional videos on Youtube.
I personally find the mix to be the strength of the software. However, you cannot rely on a mix to be effective over long periods of time and they have to be constantly refreshed and redone. If you like work then you will appreciate the amount you will be doing with this software because you have to do a lot of it.
The Overall screen which includes Birddog usually has the winner in the top 4.
You have the control as to how you set up your initial screen and how many races and which factor or factors you wish to start off your mix with.
You also have many options to form a consensus and come to a conclusion for each race. I also use the PP's which is also included in the software, in my handicapping process. A fair knowledge of "Angles" and connections would be helpful .
As well you can formulate your own angles and test their success rate with "Angler". You can back fit individual races to see which factor(s) the were strong in a specific race. The database of races go back over 7 years.

It takes a little time to get a feel and learn what to use for what might be good for your way to handicap the races.
You get most tracks and there is no need for data files. You also have access to ToteBoarder and 1st/Bet which is (Xpressbet).
You will be overwhelmed with the amount of features available to you.

Dave Williams is one hell of a nice guy and a pleasure to deal with but I believe he has been overwhelmed with the programming needed by the Stronach Group which BetMix is now a part of.

I have asked and suggested a few ideas of mine that I would have liked to have seen added to the application. They have not been addressed yet.
I was promised to beta test something Dave said he was working on but it never happened. I also asked for a power number so that one could formulate there own odds line from and an improved pace segment. Those requests as well, never happened.

Understandably, the Stronach group is focused on the betting aspect of this software.
You know how the saying goes, "Money Talks" and you know what walks.
BetMix is a very strong application
If you can recognize value and like to spend your time working then this is for you.

Last edited by Partsnut; 10-26-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2020, 06:48 PM   #6
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
hi lefty! how you doing? can't get back to Vegas w/ this virus thing. you still hanging at jerrys?
chef

Hi, Chef. Doing ok. Still at JN but not as good as it was sinc the WM Hill group took over. Hard to get a horse bet in sometimes when a long line of sports bettors making their bets.
t

I understand though, that Caesar's Palace will be taking over the racebook. Hope they're better than WM Hill. Hard to believe they could be worse.

How are you doing?
Stay well.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2020, 08:00 PM   #7
Partsnut
BetMix User

Partsnut:
Quote:
The Overall screen which includes Birddog usually has the winner in the top 4.
I've attached a PDF file with today's Indiana Grand's 9 playable races TOP 4 from the overall screen. The winner was in the top 4 (89%) or 8 of 9 playable races.
As I said, this is very characteristic of the overall screen.
See attached file.
If you listen to others that have not put in the time and are unwilling and not dedicated to learn or just don't have any handicapping know how, you will be dissuaded from using an excellent tool. This in fact is why, 98% of the betting public are losers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Top 4.pdf (855.7 KB, 124 views)
Old 10-26-2020, 09:48 PM   #8
wolfpackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post
Partsnut:
I've attached a PDF file with today's Indiana Grand's 9 playable races TOP 4 from the overall screen. The winner was in the top 4 (89%) or 8 of 9 playable races.
As I said, this is very characteristic of the overall screen.
See attached file.
If you listen to others that have not put in the time and are unwilling and not dedicated to learn or just don't have any handicapping know how, you will be dissuaded from using an excellent tool. This in fact is why, 98% of the betting public are losers.
I'm curious Partsnut, what is your betting strategy with the Top 4 picks? Some type of Dutch bet? At 1.4-1 odds, seems like it would be tough to profit. Thanks for any input you can provide.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:31 PM   #9
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpackin View Post
I'm curious Partsnut, what is your betting strategy with the Top 4 picks? Some type of Dutch bet? At 1.4-1 odds, seems like it would be tough to profit. Thanks for any input you can provide.
I use the PP's and look at the overall screen's notations such as improving speed, finish, speed, class and the highlighted connections. I will do a mix and use my single contender if the odds are 4-1 or higher. I only bet to win.
The trick is to use the strongest factor when doing your mix. Look for a 38 win percentage or higher.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:53 AM   #10
wolfpackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post
I use the PP's and look at the overall screen's notations such as improving speed, finish, speed, class and the highlighted connections. I will do a mix and use my single contender if the odds are 4-1 or higher. I only bet to win.
The trick is to use the strongest factor when doing your mix. Look for a 38 win percentage or higher.
Thanks for the info, I will definitely incorporate that advice. I got into horse racing during the lockdown, as there were no sports (other than Russian table tennis) and I am hooked!
Old 10-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #11
MichaelKnowRacing

I look at PDF file has few good winner, thanks for posting it!
MichaelKnowRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2020, 11:53 AM   #12
trade

Can you show example of your Mix for 1 of the Indiana grand races on 10/26?
trade is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2020, 01:10 PM   #13
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trade View Post
Can you show example of your Mix for 1 of the Indiana grand races on 10/26?
There were five 6F dirt claimers. My mix dictated a win% of 59%,
It actually projected 3 winners (horses in green) out of 5 races or 60% and one place horse.

However, these races produced mostly chalk and were not bet worthy for me.
Here's an example of how these races shaped up.
Please view the attached PDF file,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IND 10-26-20.pdf (693.0 KB, 88 views)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: