Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #2191
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
I missed where I attached public support/opposition to any of his positions in that list. Another poster stated there was no difference between GWB (who I've trashed repeatedly on foreign policy, by the way) and Obama. I listed policy differences.
You seem to be very good at that, Mike. Repeating things without supporting or condemning them, I mean...
Old 12-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #2192
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Trump has gained momentum because the citizens are disgusted with "politics as usual"...and they are flocking to the "outsider"...who shows that he has total disregard for the current political system as it stands...involving BOTH political parties. If the voters choose the "outsider"...then this will prove that they are awake and disgusted enough to bring about some REAL change in the political climate of this country.

But if the citizens DON'T vote for an "outsider"...then it means that they aren't disgusted enough...and they've fallen back "asleep". A vote for Clinton or Cruz is a vote for "politics as usual"...and no real change.
The only thing I would say here Thask is "majority"....
Most of what you said is true if we add the word "enough" (in terms of voters). 30 % disgusted or disgruntled voters wont work.....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #2193
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
You seem to be very good at that, Mike. Repeating things without supporting or condemning them, I mean...
You read opinion into a post that contained no opinion. You made a mistake. I make tons of mistakes.

I've condemned Trump. I've repeatedly criticized GWB and Cheney for invading Iraq. I've repeated blasted diBlaso. I've repeatedly criticized Obama for not owning up to the seriousness of the terrorist threat. I've called the Clintons liars. I criticized any number of Supreme Court rulings. I guess you missed all those posts and more. No problem.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #2194
thaskalos

Quote:
You read opinion into a post that contained no opinion. You made a mistake. I make tons of mistakes.

I've condemned Trump. I've repeatedly criticized GWB and Cheney for invading Iraq. I've repeated blasted diBlaso. I've repeatedly criticized Obama for not owning up to the seriousness of the terrorist threat. I've called the Clintons liars. I criticized any number of Supreme Court rulings. I guess you missed all those posts and more. No problem.
Mike...I've read your posts #2185 and #2189 ten times...and they do not seem devoid of "opinion" to me. If I am wrong...then I apologize.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:25 PM   #2195
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Mike...I've read your posts #2185 and #2189 ten times...and they do not seem devoid of "opinion" to me. If I am wrong...then I apologize.
Well #2189 was posted after you posted (paraphrase), "and I wonder why he was so unpopular" comment, which is what I thought we were discussing. Yes, post #2189 implies that Reps have been doing a good job at winning elected offices around the country. That was my only point. Do I need to support that? I think the numbers speak for themselves. I can't comment on every elected official in the country. If you want my opinion on a specific elected official (and I know the official), I'll gladly share it. I'm a Republican, but I criticize Reps all the time.

As for post #2185, I was honestly just listing policy differences. In most cases, I agreed with GWB on the issues. You read the post as if I was "supporting" those positions? That can't be - you just told me I'm good at not supporting positions. It seems like you want to have it both ways, but no big deal.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:29 PM   #2196
woodtoo

CNN Iowa poll I just saw is

Trump 33%
Cruz 20%
Carson 16%
Rubio 11%
Mr.Fixit 4%
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 06:33 PM   #2197
thaskalos

Quote:
Well #2189 was posted after you posted (paraphrase), "and I wonder why he was so unpopular" comment, which is what I thought we were discussing. Yes, post #2189 implies that Reps have been doing a good job at winning elected offices around the country. That was my only point. Do I need to support that? I think the numbers speak for themselves. I can't comment on every elected official in the country. If you want my opinion on a specific elected official (and I know the official), I'll gladly share it. I'm a Republican, but I criticize Reps all the time.

As for post #2185, I was honestly just listing policy differences. In most cases, I agreed with GWB on the issues. You read the post as if I was "supporting" those positions? That can't be - you just told me I'm good at not supporting positions. It seems like you want to have it both ways, but no big deal.
No...I only told you that you were "not supporting positions", when YOU told me that THAT'S what you were doing. I always suspected that you were placing Bush in a favorable light when you compared him to Obama in post #2185...but YOU made it a point to tell me that I was wrong...and that you were NOT giving an opinion in that post. Now you say that you DID, in fact, agree with Bush in most of the cases.

To me, it seems as if it's YOU who wants to "have it both ways". But, as you say...no big deal.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #2198
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
No...I only told you that you were "not supporting positions", when YOU told me that THAT'S what you were doing. I always suspected that you were placing Bush in a favorable light when you compared him to Obama in post #2185...but YOU made it a point to tell me that I was wrong...and that you were NOT giving an opinion in that post. Now you say that you DID, in fact, agree with Bush in most of the cases.

To me, it seems as if it's YOU who wants to "have it both ways". But, as you say...no big deal.
If I were opining on that list (post #2185), I would put most of (not all) GWB's positions in a positive light, but I really wasn't doing that. I was just trying to list a bunch of issues where Obama and GWB differed. That's all. You probably don't believe me, but it's the truth.

Now back to Trump.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #2199
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
CNN Iowa poll I just saw is

Trump 33%
Cruz 20%
Carson 16%
Rubio 11%
Mr.Fixit 4%
Does Trump actually have a ground game (i.e., network of supporters who get people to the local bingo halls/schools/etc to caucus) in Iowa? It really matters in a caucus state. I haven't seen any articles on this matter.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #2200
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
The key word is republican . He will get very few non republican votes. A Trump GOP ticket would have tough time getting 45% in the general election. He would carry only the deep South and a few Great Plains states. Of course the same is true of most of the GOP candidates. The GOP seems to have no interest in putting up a candidate which can appeal enough voters to win a general election. They would rather an ideological pure candidate than winning one.
Yet you Dems have put up Hilary.

On what planet do you think Hilary will get more independent or crossover votes than Trump? It sure isn't on this planet.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #2201
woodtoo

Quote:
Does Trump actually have a ground game (i.e., network of supporters who get people to the local bingo halls/schools/etc to caucus) in Iowa? It really matters in a caucus state. I haven't seen any articles on this matter.
I honestly don't know, he doesn't really show his hand that much.
I did just hear he is going to announce he would like to see a total muslim ban. Have to see his speech to find out.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #2202
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
What in the hell are you trying to say here? That post should have been deleted, for obvious reasons, and the poster severely chastised!

You sir, don't deserve the right to post anywhere, if you are going to post such garbage!

Welcome to my ignore list!!
Overreact much?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #2203
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I disagree. In fact, I think the ONLY chance the GOP has is if they nominate Trump, as he's a bit unpredictable and a wild card in terms of where he might draw support in a national election.

The others are too predictable and will most likely result in near-certain loss to Clinton.
Maybe or maybe not, but I do believe he has paid for a killer document that will turn her into a political pariah overnight when released.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #2204
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
Maybe or maybe not, but I do believe he has paid for a killer document that will turn her into a political pariah overnight when released.
Didn't he also pay for a "killer document"...which was supposed to ensure that Obama didn't get re-elected?
Old 12-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #2205
fast4522

Quote:
Didn't he also pay for a "killer document"...which was supposed to ensure that Obama didn't get re-elected?
Forget him, Dot Kim told the world it existed and who had it. Your not the kind of guy who could afford it, think about it for a minute.

Last edited by fast4522; 12-07-2015 at 08:46 PM.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply