Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

SCRATCHED OR NOT

First of all...is Twinspires working for anyone? I just get a 500

message saying:
This page

isn’t working www.twinspires.com is currently unable to

handle this request.

I know you all easterners are more sophisticated than us west coasters--but where I'm from --either a horse is scratched--or he's not. I don't usually see scratches, and almost never from GPX...if they've had this message on the scratch list anywhere I've never noticed.

Is the horse scratched or not?
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #2
CheckMark

He is scratched and is re-entered into another race for later on. I notice that too so your not the only one.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:48 PM   #3
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
First of all...is Twinspires working for anyone? I just get a 500

message saying:
This page

isn’t working www.twinspires.com is currently unable to

handle this request.

I know you all easterners are more sophisticated than us west coasters--but where I'm from --either a horse is scratched--or he's not. I don't usually see scratches, and almost never from GPX...if they've had this message on the scratch list anywhere I've never noticed.

Is the horse scratched or not?
We stopped putting "re-entered" as a scratch reason in CA. because many people made the same mistake you did.

Just as a side handicapping note. Be careful to when you see a horse was a "VET" scratch. Sometimes people see that and instantly think the horse may have been unsound. Not always the case. Far from it in fact.

VET scratches can be for a slight temp, not eating up, or frankly if a trainer just doesn't feel like running and doesn't want to deal with the stewards. Yes a VET scratch like that will put you on the list. But it's usually between 5 & 10 days. No big deal. I've seen a hundred times a horse is listed as scratched by the VET and that same horse works the following morning in 59-HG.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #4
ultracapper

I'm sure they've used "re-entered" as a scratch reason at this DMR meet.

I'm pretty sure, anyway.

They've had so many AEs at DMR this meet that re-entered made sense. I guess sometimes you just see "Trainer" and the horse pops up 3 cards later also.

Last edited by ultracapper; 08-28-2018 at 12:25 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2018, 02:53 PM   #5
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
We stopped putting "re-entered" as a scratch reason in CA. because many people made the same mistake you did.

Just as a side handicapping note. Be careful to when you see a horse was a "VET" scratch. Sometimes people see that and instantly think the horse may have been unsound. Not always the case. Far from it in fact.

VET scratches can be for a slight temp, not eating up, or frankly if a trainer just doesn't feel like running and doesn't want to deal with the stewards. Yes a VET scratch like that will put you on the list. But it's usually between 5 & 10 days. No big deal. I've seen a hundred times a horse is listed as scratched by the VET and that same horse works the following morning in 59-HG.

as an owner, I have had both instances.

VET scratch--once the entries came out, our horse was way overclassed.
so the old VET scratch with a major case of 'dipsydoodleitis'. Funny how it cleared up quickly in two weeks and was re-entered in a better spot.

re-entered scratch---we were looking for a nice claiming spot but none can came out in like 10 days, Trainer reluctantly entered in an also ran allowance spot (our horse needed a race in the worst way). Okay the overnights come out 8 horse field and our horse was mid pack at best. But on the overnights they hung out an extra claimer on the turf. so we re-enter our horse in the claimer. extra goes. we scratch--reentered and she airs by 2 in the claimer at 5-1.

any time you see a re entered scratch take note.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #6
ultracapper

I hated contradicting Vic because he's going to be much better informed than myself, but I could have sworn I saw "re-entered" at this DMR meet. I'm glad I wasn't going crazy. There's a scratch in the 3rd today and the reason given is "re-entered".
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: