Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

DRF.com

Is there a more worthless, cluttered site on the web this this one?
A m ore appropriate name would be mumbo-jumbo.com, feelingluck?.com

Last two weeks, could not print out the free PPs for the race of the day, today, can't even view it - you get a message that you are trying to access a race that has expired. Not to mention that trying to find Pandy's column is akin to finding Dr. Livingston.

I used to be a full time customer, bought all the PPs 365 days a year. Their piss poor customer service and their insane excuse of a website has reduced me to about 10-12 single tracks a year. And that just dropped, too.

What morons.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Is there a more worthless, cluttered site on the web this this one?
imo, twinspires.com also competes well for the cluttered site award!
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Meunuco
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight
imo, twinspires.com also competes well for the cluttered site award!
TwinSpires has the 'don't have enough bandwidth so we'll freeze your TS TV just before they break' award all sewn up. I forgot: and blame it on your system.
Meunuco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Today the Formulator is not working right, there is often an error message when you try to bring up the pp's from a results chart (key race data). Still, their product is so much better than bris that I will put up with it.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
castaway01

The site could definitely use some cleanup and clarification. I think part of it is the stratification of racing, where people are following 20 different circuits. They try to list everything they can somewhere on the site, but it's hard to find what you're looking for sometimes.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Neat idea for DRF....a MAIN page with links to all the other stuff, clearly legible.

Naw, makes too much sense.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Agreed. The DRF's main page is not only cluttered, but the gadgets they use cover up half the selections as you move the cursor over them. The scrolling tweets of the Inside Post are extremely annoying.

More flash with no substance. The DRF's web design staff must think their average user is 7 years old, and can be easily distracted without motion....
Hoofless_Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #8
so.cal.fan

How much do they charge for their hard copy of the DRF these days?

Tom, I totally agree with you. They have really gotten bad, and their website is horrible.
I have blocked their mail and I do not go to their website anymore.
If they offer a Del Mar deal for a reasonable price for online basic drf, I'll purchase that, but I'm really thinking of going elsewhere.
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #9
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Not to mention that trying to find Pandy's column is akin to finding Dr. Livingston.
Have to use the search function at top right.
Type in Pandy.
As for the formulator I only use the downloaded version-no problems.

Last edited by KingChas; 06-17-2012 at 06:23 AM.
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Does anyone wonder why DRF decided to make the Vanity from HOL (6 horses) their Race of The Day and NOT the Stephen Foster?

Brilliant !
What's todays ROD at DRF????
Why, another race from HOL..if you can access it.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
HUSKER55

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
Rapid Grey
Veteran

Retail outlets selling it are getting harder to find. $7.50 for yesterday's midwest version, nine tracks four of which I hardly ever play. Still better than having to go through the hassle of buying on-line and printing out, not to mention the price if you want more than one track.

The web-site is poorly designed and frustrating with screens popping up when you scroll thru the page. Stable alert and charts are what I primarily go there for.
Rapid Grey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
so.cal.fan

I hope someone from the DRF is reading this thread!
Many of our board group are long time customers of the DRF and we are not happy!
I know Tom and myself are long time customers and the fact that Tom is no longer happy and that I am no longer happy is significant.
DRF staffers! If you are reading this, pay attention. We speak for many.
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
David-LV
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by so.cal.fan
I hope someone from the DRF is reading this thread!
Many of our board group are long time customers of the DRF and we are not happy!
I know Tom and myself are long time customers and the fact that Tom is no longer happy and that I am no longer happy is significant.
DRF staffers! If you are reading this, pay attention. We speak for many.
I highly doubt that any DRF staffers will chime in here as their are fearful for their jobs in most cases and are riding this pony for as long as it lasts.

DRF never has and never will admit that they have a problem, and as their customer base continues to hemorrhage their only answer is to continue to raise prices (two increases this year alone).

_________
David-LV
David-LV is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #15
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by so.cal.fan
How much do they charge for their hard copy of the DRF these days?
If you walk into Santa Anita or Fairplex, most likely for you given your location, you will pay $6.75 for a DRF. This is the ontrack price. For those of us that get the Form the day before from a retail outlet, it gets tougher. Just finding a dealer has gotten harder, as many outlets have stopped carrying the DRF in recent years. That means more driving. The offtrack price is now $7.00 plus tax. The offtrack price has gone up twice since the first of the year, it was $5.50, then $6.00 in February, then went to $7.00 in late April. In Orange County the price after the tax is $7.54, but recently it has gotten worse. Many of the liquor stores are now charging $8.00, $8.25, and one guy is charging $8.50. This is for the daily edition, the Saturday is half a buck more just for an insert that almost no one reads. Yours truly, like all dedicated horseplayers, knows of several outlets that carry the Form in case one is sold out, and in this case, which ones charge what they should and which ones are gouging. The increases in the price of the DRF has ticked off many of the players at the simulcast sites I patronize. There have been a couple of other fairly recent threads about the DRF and it's shortcomings and pricing policy. The prices mentioned above only apply to SoCal, from other posts, the prices may be different in other locations.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply