Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 AM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Red Seattle, The KING of Ferndale.

14 year old Red Seattle makes his 2010 debut at Ferndale on Friday in the 5th race, 5:09 PT post time in case anyone wants to watch.

3-1 ML from post 1.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
BlueShoe

7 wins in 12 starts at Ferndale lifetime, once upon a time this old boy could really roll here. When and where is the last time a 14 year old raced anywhere in North America? Trying to recall if California has rules banning runners beyond a certain age from competing, thought that they did. Wish him well today, am out of that race, passing. The Emerald shipper looks tough, but do not want the expected short price. The #7 could win it, and old Red might fire off of the layoff. Pass.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
kenwoodall2

Hi, yes!

Thank you! I'm going to bet $10 on the nose on RS.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

I think 15 is the mandatory retirement age, so this is RS's last hurrah at the Fern.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
statepierback

Last season he seemed to me to have lost a step or two. No doubt a horse that is etched in Ferndale history. I'm alive to the 3and 7 in pick 3's. I'm banking R.S. will need a race and will come back later in the meet.
statepierback is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
InsideThePylons-MW

3/2578
InsideThePylons-MW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
statepierback

Shame on me for not at else using Red Seattle 9/2 WOW
Old 08-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwoodall2
Thank you! I'm going to bet $10 on the nose on RS.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:34 AM   #9
owlet
Veteran

I believe back around the turn of the century an Oregon trainer named Nancy Klapatch had this horse and then I know for years Karen Haverty had him. Interesting that he is in the Morey barn now...although apparently Jim Haverty is the "assistant."
owlet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #10
lamboguy

red seattle opened up at 1-9. he was 1-9 with 2 minutes before post time. i was looking for 3-5 on him. i saw the result and got sick that i missed him.

on another note, sarah nelson ran a poor second there yesterdy. she obviously has seen her better day. i guess that is the toll a mule takes by getter clobbered by bar jf hot ticket so many times. it must take the spirit out of them, because yesterday's field was commotose.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #11
BlueShoe

Nice to see the old guy win and pay $11.60 off of the nearly years layoff, but he did get some help. When the 4-5 fav veered out sharply at the break and turned the start into a rodeo by pretty much eliminating all the runners in posts 4 to 8, it made things easier for old Red. Odds on in the early wagering until the last 5 minutes and then drifting upward, since the early pools at Ferndale are very small, thought that the money might have been just sentimental bets from the fans. Should have payed more attention, the board said the old guy was cranked up and would fire off of the layoff. He might be a good go against in his next out. At 14 and the long layoff, did that race empty the bank on the old boy? At Ferndale horses race back very quickly, not uncommon to see them start three times during the short meeting, two starts commonplace. We most surely will see RS again soon, provided he came out of the race okay.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #12
TEJAS KIDD

I hope he runs back next week. Huge bet against. If not for the gift of the entire field getting wiped out at the start he would not have won. 3 veered right, 7 veered left, 456 all crunched, then 2 carries 3 out into the 1st turn. All eliminated except Red Seattle.
On another note, this will probably never happen again and probably has never happened before. A racehorse winning a race in 3 seperate decades.
Red Seattle broke his maiden in 1999, won numerous times in the 2k decade and now won in his 101st career start in the 2k10's.
I think the racing secretary at Ferndale is going to write a condition next week for him. Claiming 2500 13yo and up for winners of a race in the 90's.
TEJAS KIDD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #13
statepierback

Returns Friday race 4, 6/5 on the morning line.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by statepierback
Returns Friday race 4, 6/5 on the morning line.
Could be the last race of his career. Now, we have to ask ourselves, "To bounce or not to bounce, that is the question". My apologies to the Bard of Avon.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #15
JBmadera

I had a couple of old geldings, not quite his age, but they LOVED to run. however, they would get pretty beat after a hard effort. not going to play the race but if he's anything like my old boys he's gonna be a bit tired.

hopefully there's no monkey biz going on (ie drugs).

jb
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: