Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:06 PM   #6706
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You really don't get it, do you?

Whatever YOU THINK you might have PREVENTED by LOCKING DOWN for MONTHS...you're GETTING NOW. Period. End of story.

It doesn't matter. Period.
No I get it just fine, exactly just like you I had no choice in the matter. Down in Texas someone we know was put out of business by local officials. Even where your from locals in power rule the roost. I don't share the fact that I prevented anything or knew anything to prevent. In retrospect I now believe those in high risk can get high end PPE and be very safe, but it is on them. Who pays the price early or late as you suggest I don't need to think about it because I could not control that. I wish I could say it is them against us so I could choose, but it more appears us against us. And we have not learned a damn thing.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2020, 05:09 PM   #6707
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Looks like NYC's annual 9/11 light tribute is now back on.

Quote:
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Saturday afternoon that the annual September 11 light installation, during which two columns of light are projected into the night sky from ground zero as a tribute to the victims of the 2001 terror attacks, is back on. Earlier this week, officials announced that the event was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Negative pushback resulting from news of cancellation?

-jp
Old 08-15-2020, 05:31 PM   #6708
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Maybe YOU should try to post like a civilized adult and stop with the suspicious obsession with butts.

But that is the point - with no mitigation. So you have one of two options now - who is responsible for the mitigation - Trump of the states. If it is Trump, then he did a GREAT job. If it is the states, they are doing a terrible job now as the virus is on the rise, as you point out 3-400 times a day.

So munch on that for awhile, Murtle.

Can't have it both ways, dah-ling!
Totally incoherent in science and politics. You have been attempting to understand the science of epidemiology and curerent events using your two Bens simplistic pablum theory.

I can explain it to you, and have maybe a hundred times, but not understand it for you.

Go back to school. Virtual learning kindergarten is about your speed and safer. That way preschoolers won't embarrass you too much, having to help you with your milk and cookies
Old 08-15-2020, 06:35 PM   #6709
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Chicago!

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...es-treat-total

Chicago!!
Old 08-15-2020, 07:16 PM   #6710
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
And my Chicago-area home saw a 10% property tax increase this year...on top of the 100% property tax increase that was levied upon it during the prior 10 years. Lightfoot's deputy mayors are probably "incredibly proud" of that too.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:25 PM   #6711
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
And my Chicago-area home saw a 10% property tax increase this year...on top of the 100% property tax increase that was levied upon it during the prior 10 years. Lightfoot's deputy mayors are probably "incredibly proud" of that too.
See it's true, you can't go home.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #6712
Tor Ekman

Sweet home, Chicago
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2020, 09:34 PM   #6713
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
Sweet home, Chicago
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...asses/2315752/
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2020, 09:36 PM   #6714
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Now I know that I've lived too long.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:38 PM   #6715
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Does the county allow you to protest?
Old 08-15-2020, 09:50 PM   #6716
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Does the county allow you to protest?
My lawyer is protesting my case as we speak. He gets half of whatever tax break he is able to secure for me...but I'm not holding my breath. Here is a true story to illustrate how fvcked-up the state of Illinois is. I received two letters on the same day a few years ago...both from the county tax assessor's office. The first letter informed me that their latest real estate assessment of my neighborhood had indicated that my house had lost $50,000 in value during the past year. The second letter was to let me know that my property taxes would go up by 15% on my next property tax statement. I took both letters to the local tax assessor's office, and I asked them to explain the situation to me. They told me that one letter had nothing to do with the other. But to justify this year's 10% property tax increase...they told me that my house had INCREASED in value by $40,000 this past year.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-15-2020 at 09:56 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2020, 10:01 PM   #6717
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Not teaching history is already part of the curriculum:

Old 08-15-2020, 10:24 PM   #6718
jay68802

jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #6719
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
My lawyer is protesting my case as we speak. He gets half of whatever tax break he is able to secure for me...but I'm not holding my breath. Here is a true story to illustrate how fvcked-up the state of Illinois is. I received two letters on the same day a few years ago...both from the county tax assessor's office. The first letter informed me that their latest real estate assessment of my neighborhood had indicated that my house had lost $50,000 in value during the past year. The second letter was to let me know that my property taxes would go up by 15% on my next property tax statement. I took both letters to the local tax assessor's office, and I asked them to explain the situation to me. They told me that one letter had nothing to do with the other. But to justify this year's 10% property tax increase...they told me that my house had INCREASED in value by $40,000 this past year.
Yep......they take all they can get. Last year my county said my house went up 39k in the last year. It was outrageous. In Texas we can protest online.

I have a realtors license, but don’t use it. I had a friend realtor (unbiased of course) pull comps in the area and issue a report. It’s easy for them. Their software does it automatically.

It came back that my house may have gone up 5k. This was pre Covid. I uploaded the report, and advised that I would request an in person hearing if they stuck to their guns. I also stated I would hire an appraiser for that hearing. They came back with a 9k increase. I accepted the offer and waived the hearing. I figured my time wasn’t worth all the hearing crap for a 4k difference.

I had to do the same thing a year before on an 11k increase. But settled for 5k if I remember right. My taxes are 4.4 % of the houses value every year.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:01 PM   #6720
davew

Joe wants to hire 100000 contract tracers, to stop virus cold in its tracks
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply