Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-01-2020, 11:16 AM   #331
myohmyjustify

Three weeks ago we received a ballot in the mail addressed to "Resident". My husband later received a ballot addressed to him. He is a Democrat. I am a registered Libertarian.

Last week I received a phone call from my sister in law who told me THREE ballots just came in the mail for us. One ballot was under my maiden name, one ballot under my married name and one for my husband.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 11:23 AM   #332
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Gee, those are the back up ballots that will miraculously be found on Sunday after the election.

Were they pre-filled in for Biden?

Hey AL! wassup?????
Old 08-01-2020, 11:36 AM   #333
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Do mail-in votes require a stamp? If not, there is no postmark 'date' proving an on-time vote.
Must be postmarked on or before of Election Day and post paid.

Anymore questions.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #334
GMB@BP

My daughters ballot just arrived to our house. I wonder if she will pissed if she finds out she voted all republican.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 12:31 PM   #335
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
My daughters ballot just arrived to our house. I wonder if she will pissed if she finds out she voted all republican.
Voter fraud in action.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:37 PM   #336
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Must be postmarked on or before of Election Day and post paid.

Anymore questions.

Allan
(1) Is it possible for mail/ballots to be marked with retro-active dates, whether within or outside the post office?
(2) How likely is it that those who have responsibility for counting the ballots also have responsibilities for "assuring" that the ballots are valid?
(3) Are those who are responsible for ballot collection and counting audited regularly by independent, reputable entities and if so, how often?
(4) Might it be reasonable to think that anyone who would choose to engage in widespread voter fraud is going to use any and all means necessary to do so?
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #337
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
(1) Is it possible for mail/ballots to be marked with retro-active dates, whether within or outside the post office?
(2) How likely is it that those who have responsibility for counting the ballots also have responsibilities for "assuring" that the ballots are valid?
(3) Are those who are responsible for ballot collection and counting audited regularly by independent, reputable entities and if so, how often?
(4) Might it be reasonable to think that anyone who would choose to engage in widespread voter fraud is going to use any and all means necessary to do so?
How about checks and balances?
You know....in the closely fought areas?

A representative from each party with delegates.
Make sure the ballots are legit.
It's not rocket science, after all.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #338
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
If all the mail in ballots wound up voting mostly for the Republicans then you can bet the Democrats will put a stop to this charade once and for all. Loud and clear from here to high heaven.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #339
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Voter fraud in action.
Good Trouble
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 12:59 PM   #340
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
How about checks and balances?
You know....in the closely fought areas?

A representative from each party with delegates.
Make sure the ballots are legit.
It's not rocket science, after all.
Yes, it is rocket science.
It is good idea.....BUT, it is NOWHERE near ready for prime time.
HOW do you make sure the ballots are legit?
Are ballots sent out so that each SS number gets only one ballot, no ballots not associated to a number? When the ballot is receive, how is it verified to be from THAT voter and not someone else?

Where is the SCIENCE you lefties are always screaming about?
Have there been pilot runs of the mail in system?

Yes, they have, and with TERRIBLE results, ie, New Jersey - failed!

The Post Office is warning that THEY cannot handle the expected surge in volume.,.,....I would say for MAIL ballots, having the post office on board would be nice, right? Not important Why they can't, but how do they get able in 90 days? KEY FACTOR.

horsey, this is one thing we agree on, but it is just not an easy project and to launch it now would be disastrous for the election. It is unproven technology in any volume at this point.

Al himself said that in NJ, 40 year old computers were not able to handle a simple thing like print out stimulus checks a few months ago....believe me, I spent my entire working life attending to the mistakes that "simple processes" generated.
A few years ago, guess what the #1 quality problem GM as a whole was facing, costing them literally MILLIONS of dollars a year? Mislabeled boxes of parts. I went to a meeting there with literally hundreds of together suppliers to spend an entire DAY discussing why no one could put the right label on a box of part when they are made. Simple thing, costs millions of $$$ when it gets done wrong.

One thing I have learned in my life - it is ALL rocket science.

Last edited by Tom; 08-01-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 07:14 PM   #341
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
If all the mail in ballots wound up voting mostly for the Republicans then you can bet the Democrats will put a stop to this charade once and for all. Loud and clear from here to high heaven.
Trump has alluded that he might contest the election results based on his belief that mail in ballots might allow for unfair results.

I wonder if he will contest the results if he wins?

Seems like he should cover the issue of mail in ballots in an honest way.

If he believes the results will be incorrect due to mail in ballots, then he should launch an investigation after the election either way, right?
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 07:31 PM   #342
clicknow

It really is entertaining watching Trump's vanity match against Bezos.

Bezos will still have more money than Trump, and the USPS will still give Bezos a good shipping rate. If USPS goes under, UPS and FedEx (or any shipper for that matter) will also give Bezos a good shipping rate and be grateful for that level of business.

Bezos will still have his newspaper after Trump is no longer POTUS, so I guess he will also actually get to "have the last word" since once Trump is not in office he has no voice anymore. WaPo will still be speaking.

Basically, Trump can't really beat Bezos at any game now, or in the future. It is fun to watch him fume over this. Wahhh wahhh whaah.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:50 PM   #343
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Trump has alluded that he might contest the election results based on his belief that mail in ballots might allow for unfair results.

I wonder if he will contest the results if he wins?

Seems like he should cover the issue of mail in ballots in an honest way.

If he believes the results will be incorrect due to mail in ballots, then he should launch an investigation after the election either way, right?
Guess who still hasn't accepted the results of the 2016 election?? Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. And there is no reason to believe they will accept this year's election either.

Which is why the Democrats are the ones who want to disinfranchise citizens and our election process and not President Trump. The Democrats are the ones attempting to steal this election with mail in and absentee voting despite telling us 24/7 that Trump can't and won't win.If they were so sure Trump was a loser there would no way they'd want their win to be questioned.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:22 AM   #344
lamboguy

Quote:
Guess who still hasn't accepted the results of the 2016 election?? Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. And there is no reason to believe they will accept this year's election either.

Which is why the Democrats are the ones who want to disinfranchise citizens and our election process and not President Trump. The Democrats are the ones attempting to steal this election with mail in and absentee voting despite telling us 24/7 that Trump can't and won't win.If they were so sure Trump was a loser there would no way they'd want their win to be questioned.
the Republicans are the ones that are supposed to be doing the suppression of the Democrat votes. this time around they are suppressing their own by not allowing mail in votes in certain places. i am seeing some very bad signs in Texas and a few other places now where they are putting themselves in serious jeopardy of not winning those states due to stringent rules on mail ins.

i am very surprised that Republicans have not figured this out yet after the recent fiasco in Wisconsin for the judge.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2020, 06:25 AM   #345
clicknow

Quote:
Um, can you show me the FORMAL results of that?

Trump has been POTUS for the last 4 years. Officially.

Maybe you can be more specific about how "not accepting the results" has actually affected who is running the country?

What I find funny is all the rumors that Obama was going to suspend elections (never happened) but now Trump seemed to be suggesting it.

As if there weren't already enough Republicans leaving his side, now we have Calabresi, a co-founder of the Federalist Society (you know, that org that compiled the actual list from which Trump selected his 2 Supreme Court nominees) describing Trumps tweet about delaying the elections " as grounds for "immediate impeachment."

This is a man who voted for Trump in 2016, who has voted Republican in every Prez election for 40 years, as well as defended Trump against Mueller's investigation, now calling Trump's tweet " fascistic" and suggesting Trump should be impeached.

If I were you I would really start worrying about his own party members, and not Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. You know what they say about when you are busy looking in the wrong places........

Last edited by clicknow; 08-02-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: