Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-26-2020, 09:56 PM   #1
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

North Dakota Horse Park

The first race superfecta pool today (July 26) was $31.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2020, 10:15 PM   #2
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
The first race superfecta pool today (July 26) was $31.

they're some big spenders out there
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 12:09 AM   #3
metro

exacta in the last race paid $468, 4-1 over a 10-1 in a five horse field. Guess the syndicates waited too long to hit the send button.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 01:06 AM   #4
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
exacta in the last race paid $468, 4-1 over a 10-1 in a five horse field. Guess the syndicates waited too long to hit the send button.
They bet the 2 dollar tri instead which paid $264.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 01:35 AM   #5
baconswitchfarm

I've been there. It was a little track with a garage and some outdoor bleachers like a small little league game. Fargo is ok though.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 10:43 AM   #6
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
The pool was $924, so $3 was on the winning exacta with 24% takeout. I like to picture it as one little old lady with it all on one ticket taking down the whole exacta pool.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #7
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm View Post
I've been there. It was a little track with a garage and some outdoor bleachers like a small little league game. Fargo is ok though.
I was there on their very first day of racing in 2004. I stood out like a sore thumb because I sat at a temporary booth under the big tent with my laptop. Was approached and subsequently interviewed by a local TV reporter and followed around by his camera man when they found out I was using the laptop to handicap. (My memory is fussy here, but I don't recall having any local racing PP data available on-line, so they must have had some simulcast wagering available.). Never got to watch the interview which supposedly aired that evening, and my computer-aided handicapping did not lead to a profitable day.

I know they went through some lean years with no racing due to financial troubles. (Mis-management of granted funds?).

They were very fortunate to start racing there in the first place. It came about almost entirely due to huge volunteer efforts.

Good to see them racing again. Would not mind going back again some year, and will probably do so when my fellow track collecting friend wants to add them to his list.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2020, 10:21 PM   #8
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
The pool was $924, so $3 was on the winning exacta with 24% takeout. I like to picture it as one little old lady with it all on one ticket taking down the whole exacta pool.
Pools are small, of course. With COVID-19 a smaller fan base than last year. Did it send out it's signal to any AWD? If so, I'm sorry I missed it.

Was there for a weekend last year. Had a blast!!! Hospitality was off the chart great! Would go back for a visit anytime. Unfortunately, with limited resourses and other tracks to visit, the likelihood is that I won't. But I highly recommend it.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2020, 10:25 PM   #9
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
I was there on their very first day of racing in 2004. I stood out like a sore thumb because I sat at a temporary booth under the big tent with my laptop. Was approached and subsequently interviewed by a local TV reporter and followed around by his camera man when they found out I was using the laptop to handicap. (My memory is fussy here, but I don't recall having any local racing PP data available on-line, so they must have had some simulcast wagering available.). Never got to watch the interview which supposedly aired that evening, and my computer-aided handicapping did not lead to a profitable day.

I know they went through some lean years with no racing due to financial troubles. (Mis-management of granted funds?).

They were very fortunate to start racing there in the first place. It came about almost entirely due to huge volunteer efforts.

Good to see them racing again. Would not mind going back again some year, and will probably do so when my fellow track collecting friend wants to add them to his list.
Got 'em last year with Chippewa Downs. Looks like I'll see you two weekends from now at Wyoming Downs. There should be at least 50% TBs carded (per their condition book).
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2020, 01:31 AM   #10
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
Got 'em last year with Chippewa Downs. Looks like I'll see you two weekends from now at Wyoming Downs. There should be at least 50% TBs carded (per their condition book).
Not many places running with spectators, especially places I have not visited yet, so that's why I made a rather late decision to add Wyoming Downs to my visit list this year. Airfares were relatively low too.

I know you don't do QH tracks, but I am going to visit Wyoming Downs 1 day and Malad City (Idaho) 1 day. I am going to wait for the Equibase entries before making the decision as to which track gets visited which day. I will be highly surprised if Malad City cards even 1 TB race over the entire weekend.

I'll send you a text Tom once I decide what I am doing.

Chris
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply