Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-17-2019, 01:23 PM   #31
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Are you claiming I ever said anything like that? If so, your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.

We have a two party system in this country, the evil party and the stupid party. I support neither.
Have you ever voted then?
Old 01-17-2019, 01:43 PM   #32
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I love how "diverse" the cultural mecca's like New York, LA, and Chicago are and that they house all the smart people.

Yet, somehow, those are the same places straddled with massive unemployment, homelessness, crime, and the very division of monetary income (with large ties to race) in which they tirelessly berate the public about.
You must not get around much. Small towns (as opposed to metropolises you mention) in flyover zones and southern red states with nothing but "back-water" towns where there is no employment, lots of petty crime in terms of the ratio to population density (nothing to do, so lots of meth heads), very little opportunity, lots of teenage pregnancies, no colleges or hospitals nearby, etc. and one-room "public libararies" but a church on every corner (in the dry counties) (or in many cases, a tavern on every corner in the counties that are not dry). Not even a bowling alley or movie theatre in many of 'em. Work in chicken plants, fast food joints, stocking shelves at Walmart...etc. is "opportunities" available.

Lived in both. Numerous combinations of each. Neither has bigger problems than the others, just depends on what "features" you latch onto, what you want for yourself or for your kids.

My preference would be to live somewhere where there is *opportunity* and *resources* (cultural, educational, career, good medical care). I would not want my kids to have to take factory jobs or fast food or stocking shelves at Walmart IF they have aptitude to do a bit better for themselves.

You won't find a whole lot of real "go getter" young people in all those the back-water towns......they all move away.

Exception would be if you have certain lifestyle requirements that dictate some of these things i.e. you want to own a lot of acreage, have horses or cows, or want to do any kind of farming, whether organic or otherwise, etc. then you jetison those other things I just mentioned so that you can have those things that you want. That in and of itself is either paradise, or a hard life, depending on your perspective.

Not all people want the same things, obviously.

Most every small town I've been to in last 2 decades have their own set of problems......mostly seems like alcoholism and drugs......and poor people because of no jobs, etc.

Last edited by clicknow; 01-17-2019 at 01:45 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #33
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar View Post

The economy has been growing for almost ten years, at some point it has to slow down
Some say it is already happening.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-recession-now
Old 01-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #34
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Have you ever voted then?
Nobody's business but my own.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #35
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar View Post
The economy has been growing for almost ten years,
Huh? What?

All I've heard for last 12 years is how Obama left the economy in the toilet, and it's been ONLY in the last 2 years since Trump that the economy has improved.

I remember when so many banks were failing when Bush left office, so Obama had a hard road to toe, OR, the economy just was going to improve over time anyway (as you say, it goes in cycles).

Sure read a whole lot of differing information on this "10 year cycle" you are talking about.

So if the economy was not growing for 10 years under Obama, and only during last 2 years Trump has been at the helm, then that means Trump should have at LEAST 8 more years of upward ticks, right?

Seems like you can't have it both ways and use one way to villanize somebody, and another way to praise somebody else.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 02:15 PM   #36
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
You must not get around much
I have worked and played in every state but Alaska and Hawaii.

There is one general truth. The bigger the city, the bigger the problems, and the bigger the assholes.

80% or more of the people in this country are generally pretty much stupid and couldn't parallel park a tricycle.

Most people don't give a shit about anybody other than themselves and their family unless it involves politics for some weird reason. The "not in my neighborhood" mentality is real. Unless something truly affects them, they simply don't care.

Worst place I've ever been to was Cranston, RI. Never ran into a massive group of bigger dbags in my entire life. Best people? Well, of course, Nebraska.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 02:19 PM   #37
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
80% or more of the people in this country are generally pretty much stupid and couldn't parallel park a tricycle.
Fifty percent of the people in this country are above average.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:24 PM   #38
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

Now that is belly laugh funny right there.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 02:29 PM   #39
pandy

Quote:
The point is that they voted for Trump, not for the GOP. They switched based on promises that Trump has yet to deliver on. And they can just as easily switch back or drop out.
I live in one of the blue collar areas here in PA. that voted for Trump and got him this blue state. I haven't heard any complaints, his working class voting base would certainly like to see the wall built but they know that he came through on quite a few of his promises which has resulted in more jobs and higher wages. The working class isn't as ideological as the libs who live in the rich suburbs and cities. These people just want to have a good job, reasonable tax rates, and protection from criminals and our enemies. They're still solidly behind Trump.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 03:19 PM   #40
chadk66

The left so underestimates trumps support. Absolutely no different than their underestimation of him during the election.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 03:21 PM   #41
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
The left so underestimates trumps support. Absolutely no different than their underestimation of him during the election.
If true, only because of brainwashing by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, and last but certainly not least, Russian Troll Farms...

LULZ
Old 01-17-2019, 03:25 PM   #42
Marshall Bennett

Find it funny how democrats joked about republicans having 15 nominees for the 2016 election. At last count they have over 20 for 2020 and the election is still 22 months out. Look thru the list at most of them if you need a good laugh...and it isn't a joke either, they're dead serious.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 04:15 PM   #43
ultracapper

Quote:
Huh? What?

All I've heard for last 12 years is how Obama left the economy in the toilet, and it's been ONLY in the last 2 years since Trump that the economy has improved.

I remember when so many banks were failing when Bush left office, so Obama had a hard road to toe, OR, the economy just was going to improve over time anyway (as you say, it goes in cycles).

Sure read a whole lot of differing information on this "10 year cycle" you are talking about.

So if the economy was not growing for 10 years under Obama, and only during last 2 years Trump has been at the helm, then that means Trump should have at LEAST 8 more years of upward ticks, right?

Seems like you can't have it both ways and use one way to villanize somebody, and another way to praise somebody else.
Bizarre response to what was basically a neutral analytical post. Must have not been what you wanted to read.

It's a "row to hoe", not a "road to toe". Good old fashion Americana farming analogy for a difficult task.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #44
davew

Quote:
Then the majority of the above average people in this country are generally pretty much stupid and couldn't parallel park a tricycle.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #45
Vinnie

Quote:
Huh? What?

When you put little to zero effort as Obama did into attempting to improve on the US economy while he was in office, is it any wonder that the end result turns out to be truly abysmal in every sense of the word? Would a reasonable or rational person expect a different outcome?

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: