Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #16
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Tough to look at this thread ( at all ) but especially tough to do it as a male. The nicest thing I can say about some of these posts is that they are merely pathetic.

Some of you would do well to talk to women about the harassment they face on a daily basis....as surely you haven't learned anything from Me Too.

She's a class act, a new face who I feel would well represent the sport in it's biggest spotlight, Kentucky Derby.

TLG is correct with his stance toward harassment.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #17
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I don't see it the same way. Noticing someone that goes out of their way to project project beauty (entering beauty contests, posting bikini clad beach photos on instagram) would be naive to think that sexual beings would not notice, think or comment on the attraction.

Having worked as nurse and spending a good part of my life in the gym as well, I can assure you women are do the same. Yep, been groped more than once on the job. To say I didn't enjoy the attention would be a lie.
I appreciate your response, though I strongly disagree. I do find beauty pageants offensive and I do not like how they objectify women. However, I don't think because someone chooses to participate, they forgo their rights to be treated with respect. By your line of reasoning, anyone that takes care of themselves, and takes time to dress well and make an appealing appearance, is welcoming unwanted attention. I strongly disagree. Everyone has a right to be proud of their appearance without being subjected to unwanted attention. Just as anyone has the right to ask a person out once, they don't have a right to continue to do so when rejected. It is up to all of us to respect people around us.

None of us are perfect, and we can all ( myself included ) improve how we treat others.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #18
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

You can’t have it both ways...you can’t buy in by participating in the bikini beauty contests, exposing yourself, and still hope, and expect NOT to be objectified...after all, we all are still human, and the passions still burn inside us, we are STILL men...and women too...!

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 01-08-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Kinda like when they blame rape victims for acting or dressing too sexy? They were practically asking for it, right Vigs?
Old 01-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #20
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Kinda like when they blame rape victims for acting or dressing too sexy? They were practically asking for it, right Vigs?
No, that’s not the same and it is ridiculous to draw that analogy here...
Old 01-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #21
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
You can’t have it both ways...you can’t buy in by participating in the bikini beauty contests, exposing yourself, and still hope, and expect NOT to be objectified...after all, we all are still human, and the passions still burn inside us, we are STILL men...and women too...!
Pretty sure they've gotten rid of the swimsuit part of these beauty contests, but I'm not taking the time to look it up if I'm wrong. Somebody will let me know. I don't think I've ever actually watched one.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:54 PM   #22
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Pretty sure they've gotten rid of the swimsuit part of these beauty contests, but I'm not taking the time to look it up if I'm wrong. Somebody will let me know. I don't think I've ever actually watched one.
I see now Miss America has gotten rid of it, but Miss USA has not.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
No, that’s not the same and it is ridiculous to draw that analogy here...
I didn't say it was the SAME. I said "kinda like."

Meaning, obviously NOT the same, since one is a felony and the other is just considered creepy these days.

But there are similarities to the argument YOU are making in favor.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Anyway, this thread really has little to do with horse racing, wouldn't one say?

Probably should move it to the off-topic or close it altogether....
Old 01-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #25
ultracapper

Why is she involved in horse racing? Parents? Siblings? What got her involved? Step in a media career? Or is she a horse player? I'm just wondering why she's in the game.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #26
ultracapper

What was that Miss America from the 50s or 60s that was in it? I remember a former Miss America reporting horse races when I first got involved.

God, I want to say Phyllis Diller, but I know it wasn't her. At least I think it wasn't her.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #27
RichieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
What was that Miss America from the 50s or 60s that was in it? I remember a former Miss America reporting horse races when I first got involved.

God, I want to say Phyllis Diller, but I know it wasn't her. At least I think it wasn't her.
Phyllis George?
Old 01-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #28
098poi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Phyllis George?

Yes.

Phyllis Diller. Come on.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #29
ultracapper

Phyllis George.

Come on. I knew Phyllis Diller was wrong but that's what kept coming up in my head when I'd think of the name Phyllis.

Sorry.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #30
098poi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Phyllis George.

Come on. I knew Phyllis Diller was wrong but that's what kept coming up in my head when I'd think of the name Phyllis.

Sorry.

Just messing with you. I am only 62 and get surprised how often info I know is just out of reach in my brain. It's the old forget about it and then suddenly it pops up without thinking about it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: