Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #5086
HPFridays

Wish I would've followed your picks for Los Al today, Greg.

5th - Beantown Boys - $12.60
6th - Red Wine and Dine - $22.20

7th and 8th still to come.

Good job
Old 09-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #5087
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Let's try Los Alamitos again today:

2ND PARTICLE OF ENERGY 6-1

3RD OLD INDIAN TRICK 4-1

5TH BEANTOWN BOYS 7-1

6TH RED WINE AND DINE 20-1

7TH OLDER BROTHER 3-1

8TH EXACTA + PULPIT'S DIRTY RED/ SPEND IT

YOU MAY NOTICE I BYPASSED ALL THE FAVORITES--I'D RATHER HAVE A COUPLE DECENT PAYOFFS THAN 4 OR 5 $3.40 PAYOFFS.

*like Barahona says---"that just the way I roll"

that worked pretty good, let's try it again
Old 09-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #5088
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

www.pace-view.com --order today, you'll get it today

DAMMITTOHELL....I wrote this whole thing up about PACE-VIEW PRO-8...and forgot to hit "submit" so it's gone.

Anyway....PRO-8 IS NOW AVAILABLE. It consists of 4 plays: "LONE SPEED", "GOOD/BAD", the notorious "I-92"and for the hell of it--"BEST BETS"

It's intended to add to your arsenal. Some of the winners it produces will leave you scratching your head wondering how on earth did that horse win?

LONE SPEED--is not your father's lone speed play.

GOOD/BAD is....well how many times have you seen a trainer tip his hand, his horse runs a hell of a race but just misses at a nice price. The very next race--since he's blown his shot at a nice price--will run the worst race of his life. This is the essence of the GOOD/BAD play. Now today's he's getting a better price and may go for the win again. Very common practice---you'll see it regularly.

I-92 is interesting in that--the horse runs the fastest early pace--and his late pace is a minimum 92. I didn't pull that 92 out of my @$$...that is usually the cutoff point for winners.

BEST BETS ---you may go days without plays in the other categories--there is always a few best bets to use in exotics, or 4-1 or better, win bets.

Here's the good news...PACE-VIEW PRO-8 carries a price tag of $15.00. That barely covers expenses. For that price you can't afford not to have this in your spot play arsenal.

**btw....LEAH'S DREAM IS A BEST BET & LONE SPEED play @ Parx--they don't all win--but can't be ignored.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-16-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #5089
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

If anyone wants to learn how to win Exotics Bets! Pick-3's
,4's and 5's...get yourself a copy of EXOTIC BETS! and we'll set up a couple days at your convenience. I 'll show you that--with this program--you are no longer gambling, but making sound mathematical wagers. The program is designed to take much of the guesswork out of these wagers.

Give it a try---if you aren't successful..I'll show you the way to success--NCG
Old 09-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #5090
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PACEVIEW PRO-8

PRESQUE

BEST BETS

2ND SHECKY SHEBAZZ 7/2

3RD LOOKIN PERFECT 4-1

5TH I'M CHILLIN 5-1

KENTUCKY DOWNS

LONE SPEED-

5TH ROUSSALKA 10-1

BEST BETS

4TH AQUAPHOBIA 5-2

6TH KIRBY'S PENNY 3-1

7TH AUNTIE'S THE ONE 10-1

I wouldn't normally bet either of the two 10-1 shots...except they're 10-1! I didn't mention--this is the only Pace-View program that has Earnings per Start, as well as Today's Distance Earnings Per Start. Might be good to know at 7F, or 12F, etc

Sorry about the trouble getting this program out--if you haven't gotten yours please let me know. I'll take it to your house if I have to....as long as you live in Oakland. Seriously, you will get it tomorrow.

I came up with a spot play you can use with this program: Look for the horse with the highest late score--the highest "Q" points, and he's the only "E" style horse (or if none: hi point E/P) and at a good price--throw a couple dollars down-NCG

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 09-12-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #5091
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

I bought all of the programs except this last one (yet). I use Platinum every day.

For those having trouble finding Pace-8, it's here, along with the other programs:

https://www.pace-view.com/order-here

Bottom of the page.

Last edited by Pensacola Pete; 09-12-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:54 PM   #5092
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Professional Bettor

Thanks, Pete...you and many others here are kind, decent people. I think I mentioned previously--my goal was to learn Python or one of the easier code languages, and eventually write my own progs. After one day of book larnin' and tutorials...I quickly realized I hated it. This requires a serious commitment, of which I wasn't capable of. I'm glad I didn't spend a bunch of money on books and supplies. The hell of it is...there is a "Code Boot Camp" just down the freeway, in Berkeley. Across from GGF as a matter of fact.
That would be perfect for me---if not for the tuition fees. They have student dorms. I could stay there during the week and commute home on weekends. Oh well..it's not to be.

I just had a conversation with a young man whose goal is to become a professional horse bettor. He's reading--or read, all the books on the subject of betting the ponies.

Like many others...I had this same dream. I was pretty good at picking horses, yeah I was. It's too bad that isn't all it takes--not by a "longshot". I heard someone (and I really don't mean any disrespect) but this gentleman was posting picks and actually ahead. I did notice he tweaked the rules a little bit, as time went on. Really, that's just human nature.

He commented one day about his winnings...saying "that's a pretty good side-income" or something like that. I had to chuckle because I once said the same thing myself. I had lost my job, and decided to just continue betting horses.

I have a family, mortgage (of which my financial contribution of our marriage was to pay this mortgage every month), and some assorted other bills that popped up, like California real estate taxes, etc. The wife paid everything else.

Suddenly everything was different. I had a bankroll of appx $2,500--I needed $25,000. I went from playing the ponies and having a good ol' time..to being afraid to make a bet, and changing my mind several times. My bankroll was gone in a few weeks. Back in those days, along with a credit card came checks--you could write a check-same as using that physical credit card, for anything.

I was so embarrassed and still delusional about my gambling prospects...I started paying the mortgage with these credit card checks, giving the impression everything was fine.
I don't think I need to continue with this story...the facade had to end. Luckily living in Silicon Valley, your house doubles in value seemingly every 5-6 years--so the equity saved us from ruin.

Picking winners doesn't automatically get you into the "pro" level of horse betting, or any other gambling.

Some of my programs have "BEST BETS" selections. They really don't have to be my Best Bets--just be consistent. Those selections are there for a reason. By themselves, they aren't profitable....but they can be.

Go down to the dollar store, get yourself half-dozen notebooks, pens and pencils, and a couple sharpies. Hopefully you've saved a couple months of Bris files--for research.

Note each horse--not just the winners--and check off what this horse was 1st or 2nd in. I can only go by my Platinum Program with 20 categories--but any program that has stats broken down, will do. Check off the winners categories in red, and non-winners who scored well in any category, in green.
One other thing--note the track. The "alleged" sharp bettors @ Saratoga will bet anything

Stay away from tracks with a large percentage of layoff winners. They won't be a BEST BET...but they win too often at Saratoga, Parx, etc. You'll find which tracks to avoid on your own.

After 100 races or so, look at your chart--you may be surprised at what you can clearly see. Your goal is to find the Best Bets that win! Hopefully you're caught up..and buying one or two data files from your best tracks. Don't spread yourself thin--some days you won't have a bet. I don't bet anything less than 2-1 ML.

If you try this...let your fellow forum members in on your results. It's always better to gather your own info, but is also beneficial to share what you have-

Good Luck

-NCG
Old 09-12-2018, 10:07 PM   #5093
green80

Or you could just bet the top platinum power horse when it goes off at decent odds like in the 6th at Lad today #2 Pinch Assault $18.60 8.00 6.40
Old 09-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #5094
upthecreek

Or Bet the Best 5 Consensus

R3 KD 09/06 Top winner $50.60 and a cold exacta $295

Attached Images
File Type: png kd r3.PNG (11.9 KB, 33 views)
Old 09-13-2018, 08:53 PM   #5095
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I know you and others already know this--but this was a perfect race to box:

All 3 are longshots--with a mere 8 points separating 1st to 3rd. Once or twice a week you'll see a situation like this....if you play a few tracks a day. I get all tingly when I see this--not that they win all the time. You can easily lose 15 in a row in the blink of an eye....but that's any bet of any type in horse betting.

Quite a few forumites have this program...if you don't, well that's your business, God Luv Ya. There is no other program like this one--brand new--under $40.

After laughing my @$$ off at the mailer I received couple days ago, from a well-known system seller-the "10 POINT POWER PLAY" $60 paper/pencil, or $100 software.

That wasn't the funny part--that funny part was the page that listed astronomical winnings for the past 3 years, at about 50 tracks.

If true--this guy and his "brilliant friend" he went to school with, would literally be millionaires many times over.

...and if true would never, ever tell anyone.

Thanks for posting, 'creek.

-NCG

Old 09-14-2018, 11:15 PM   #5096
lefty359

Forces

Been at this 62 years and the only forces at work is YOURSELF. If you believe in forces and they stop you from winning, then why bet?
Football betting? Kidding right. You have to win 53% of football bets to make a little money and you have to bet more!
Old 09-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #5097
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I mentioned earler..about a method
that (using PACE-PLATINUM) that uses maybe 4 stat lines..and is a killer longshot method.

A lot of methods look good early on--but something about this one is unusual. Before I go proclaiming this a winner....I want to do some more testing.

Please bear with me for a week...and we'll know for sure.

I'll give the stats at that time--NCG
Old 09-19-2018, 07:11 PM   #5098
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
I mentioned earler..about a method
that (using PACE-PLATINUM) that uses maybe 4 stat lines..and is a killer longshot method.

A lot of methods look good early on--but something about this one is unusual. Before I go proclaiming this a winner....I want to do some more testing.

Please bear with me for a week...and we'll know for sure.

I'll give the stats at that time--NCG

Using Pace-Platinum? What do you mean? Is this some method using platinum?
Old 09-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #5099
green80

reporting back on the platinum ability-power play, playing almost every racing day since aug 1 to yesterday:

(based on $20 win bets)

had 35 plays=$700.00 return was $920.00, for $220 profit or 1.31 ROI if I'm figuring correctly. Had 16 wins (45%), Avg win price $5.63 , best par is the longest run out was 3.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #5100
TJC

Green,

Were you just checking LA Downs or more tracks including LA Downs? And were you playing all selections regardless of m/l odds or post time odds?

Thanks,
TJC

Last edited by TJC; 09-20-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: