Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #5056
caretaker69

amrican muscle

classic cars good horses & NFL
Old 08-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #5057
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker69 View Post
classic cars good horses & NFL
That would make a good country song...unless there already is one

Who's betting Retama today? I have one question....

...WHY?

All I can think of is a win parlay, but for whatever payout you might get, mathematically the risk is heck of a lot bigger than any potential reward. No $100 mutuals today.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:21 AM   #5058
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Time to get back to more conventional handicapping. SPEED DEMONS just isn't getting it done.

I did a study of mile races with PLATINUM. I'm still in the middle of it, but I can tell you this: AVOID ROUTES AT GPX & EVD.

That's the only thing I got, really. One other thing (mile races only)--the contender MUST be 1st or 2nd in either EPS or ABILITY,
and eliminate any "S" style horses. E/P'S DOMINATE.

I'll have plenty more in the coming days.

Good luck today

-NCG

Old 08-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #5059
horseplayer

Delmar race Dislitleagle has some good things going good pick
Old 08-31-2018, 01:52 AM   #5060
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Timonium

Yeah....they're all good picks until the gate opens

I always thought "Timonium" was some kind of cheese. One of my horses from stable watch is entered here today. Shows a 3F tightener couple days ago---hard to figure out the intention here. This is 4F --is this part of her prep? The 3F w/o on the 28th is an indication today is a serious effort to win. She's gotta get out of the gate without mishap.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:42 AM   #5061
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Yeah....they're all good picks until the gate opens

I always thought "Timonium" was some kind of cheese. One of my horses from stable watch is entered here today. Shows a 3F tightener couple days ago---hard to figure out the intention here. This is 4F --is this part of her prep? The 3F w/o on the 28th is an indication today is a serious effort to win. She's gotta get out of the gate without mishap.

Six workouts in last 2 months. How much tighter does Nana need to be. Let'er rip.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:02 AM   #5062
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

The horse is a 2yo filly with one lifetime start....and she blew that one by stumbling out of the gate. Her rider kept her completely even with the leader albeit six lengths back--that's what caught my attention. 6 works in 57 days is not really a lot, is it? For a 2yo it's not.

I'm gonna track a couple PLATINUM spot plays...one a data base study was done--not extensive, but enough to be interesting. The spot play is called "ABILITY/POWER" It was profitable @ 4-1 min ML...so that's where I'll draw the line, 4-1 and up.

Another is a longshot method of PLATINUMs...The button to get any selections is labeled "LONGSHOT 2" it won't select a horse that is below 10-1. I've seen it--and you may have as well, nail some monsters. In a few weeks at different tracks, we should have a sample to amuse ourselves with.

The horses at the bottom are just regular selections--nothing fancy.

Good luck ya'll

-NCG

Old 08-31-2018, 07:07 AM   #5063
FakeNameChanged

Greg, well I go by comparison on w/o's. She stumbles out of gate in her very first race, and comes close to matching the highest speed rating of the probable fav's after they've had 2-3 races. Any improvement she's likely winner, and I'm calling her as the probable favorite, although don't bank on my words.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:05 AM   #5064
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Greg, well I go by comparison on w/o's. She stumbles out of gate in her very first race, and comes close to matching the highest speed rating of the probable fav's after they've had 2-3 races. Any improvement she's likely winner, and I'm calling her as the probable favorite, although don't bank on my words.
When I bet and don't see any races...I like to first look at my ADW balance before knowing any results. It showed a nice increase so I assumed NANA'S SHOES had won.

I checked results--NaNa's Shoes did not win--not even close. The bump in my bankroll was from Del Mar horses in the 3rd and 4th. I didn't even look at the chart for Timonium. Unless that horse comes right back in two weeks--I'm done with her.

Here's today's spot plays I'm tracking:

Old 09-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #5065
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

DM Double

No time for any serious handicapping today--just the early double @ Del Mar:

1ST #8 RED SHELBY 6-1 & #2 HELEN'S TIGER 6-1
TO
2ND #8 TIME AND CHANCE 3-1 & #6 EMMY AND I 15-1

Good Luck today all

-NCG
Old 09-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #5066
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Timonium 09/02

Not much in the way of the 2 spot plays we're tracking:

ABILITY/POWER
TIMONIUM
10TH PURRING VALENTINE 4-1

LONGSHOT2
DEL MAR
8TH MAJESTIC EAGLE 15-1

TAKE A LOOK AT BEST-5 PICKS FOR TIMONIUM--3 TOP PICKS ARE 4-1 ...9TH RACE EXACTA -LOOKS LIKE A BOX SHOULD GET THE MONEY

Old 09-03-2018, 04:56 AM   #5067
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

TRACKING PLATINUM SPOT PLAYS

so far........

ABILITY/POWER

1 FOR 7
WAGER $14.00
RETURN =$50.40
+$36.40

LONGSHOT 2

0 FOR 8
WAGER $16.00
RETURN =$0.00
-$16.00

Since I'm tracking spot plays...Ima add a couple more plays that I'm curious about. One play never saw the light of day...it wasn't ever released. It's called the "I-92" play. It's a variation of EARLY/LATE on an old test program. I had another board member that had a copy for testing...we stood and watched this play hit 5 of 6 longshots in a week. It went cold the next couple weeks--and was forgotten about.

The other: you can find it today on your PLATINUM program labeled "1M+". Most everything I do is based on speed--early speed. In routes speed is also important, as you all know.. You want a horse that is close to the leaders--if he loses contact right away, he's probably done. He can't be credited for any Pace Ratings--because he wasn't part of the pace. It's all good and well for a horse to suck along and draft behind the lead group...just don't bet it to win.

I'll break these two out and soon as I can find "I-92" again. I don't recall the name/version of the program it's on, but I know I have it.

BBL

-NCG
Old 09-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #5068
horseplayer

"I-92 Late " button on Paceview .
Old 09-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #5069
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseplayer View Post
"I-92 Late " button on Paceview .
What PaceView? Pro, or what? It isn't on a Pro copy I have, Bob.

Presque Isle has a couple LONGSHOT 2 plays:

3RD PLAY FOR PLAY 15-1

6TH POQUITO ROSE 12-1

AND ONE 1M + PLAY

1ST DON'S BEACH 10-1 For Platinum users...notice the *> designation for that horse. He's going from a sprint to route today.

That last race looks like a public workout--the trainer doesn't instill much confidence, though. We'll have to wait and see.

FINGER LAKES

Nothing much here...there is one 1M+ qualifier:

3RD SPLASHY RISE 6-1

FOLLLOWING IS THE TOP POWER HORSES FOR FINGER LAKES--AND THE TOP-2 POWER FOR PRESQUE.

It's interesting @ Presque 3rd race PLAY FOR PLAY is ranked #1 in PLATINUM POWER---but almost dead last in PRIME POWER

Good Luck guys,

-NCG
Old 09-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #5070
horseplayer

ok "1-92 and Late" to be specific
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: