Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-14-2018, 10:47 PM   #76
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
You have brought politics and a comedian into a thread about a hurricane. If you are going to call people giant jackasses you may want to look in the mirror before speaking.
Took a page out of your book.
Funny to see you calling other people out for copying your move
Lolol....hilarious actually
Old 09-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #77
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
You have brought politics and a comedian into a thread about a hurricane. If you are going to call people giant jackasses you may want to look in the mirror before speaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Took a page out of your book.
Funny to see you calling other people out for copying your move
Lolol....hilarious actually

What the hell are you talking about?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 11:19 PM   #78
letswastemoney

letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2018, 02:26 AM   #79
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Piss you off with endless PENCE WINNING threads!
Hate to say it, but even Pence may be an improvement. However turns out Manafort got Mikey installed as vice president.

Can of worms II
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2018, 07:09 AM   #80
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Exactly right.

Watching Ruth Bader Ginsburg speak earlier this week might have made me a little greedy though.......
Interesting thing about Ruthie....I saw a recent clip of her on U Tube and she's very obviously in bad physical shape. She can barely hold her head up. But her mind is in good shape. She still speaks coherently.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #81
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
It's been raining for over 30 hours here. Some cities are experiencing 2 feet to 3 feet of water in their streets. It is still raining. The flooding is expected to get much worse as the rivers are rising. Homes and businesses are destroyed, roads are blocked, trees are down with wires are still across the streets. Lineman from 23 states are here to help. Maybe they can get in today with the lower winds.

We've had so many water rescues, they've lost count. In Wilmington, yesterday, a huge Oak tree fell on a home. Firefighters worked for hours cutting away the Oak desperately trying to get to the family inside. The father came out on a stretcher. The mother and their 8 month old, came out in a body bag. I watched tears roll down these firefighters faces....

I'm glad that you and others are able to laugh.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #82
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
They just can't quit with the fake news, can they? Things aren't bad enough for them, so they have to try their level best to make it worse than it is. Pathetic.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #83
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #84
boxcar

It looks like he's tying down his entire house. All the shingles in between the straps are still vulnerable to the wind.

Over-the-roof tie downs are how they used to secure mobile homes years ago before they started securing them from the frame underneath.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #85
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It looks like he's tying down his entire house. All the shingles in between the straps are still vulnerable to the wind.

Over-the-roof tie downs are how they used to secure mobile homes years ago before they started securing them from the frame underneath.

I used to live in an area close to some foothills that had strange win patterns and high gusts when I lived in Cali. I could basically tell wind speed by what was happening. It seemed composition shingles would start flying off at 65mph and above and tile would make it to about 80mph. While that looks like a good idea a 90mph wind could tear it to shreds.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #86
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
It's been raining for over 30 hours here. Some cities are experiencing 2 feet to 3 feet of water in their streets. It is still raining. The flooding is expected to get much worse as the rivers are rising. Homes and businesses are destroyed, roads are blocked, trees are down with wires are still across the streets. Lineman from 23 states are here to help. Maybe they can get in today with the lower winds.

We've had so many water rescues, they've lost count. In Wilmington, yesterday, a huge Oak tree fell on a home. Firefighters worked for hours cutting away the Oak desperately trying to get to the family inside. The father came out on a stretcher. The mother and their 8 month old, came out in a body bag. I watched tears roll down these firefighters faces....

I'm glad that you and others are able to laugh.

I am not laughing at those who are at ground zero, my laughter is directed at those in far outlying areas who buy all the hype and panic like long tailed cats in a room full of rocking chairs. A good example is where I live, at least 200 miles away from where Florence was expected to hit land. They acted like they lived in Wilmington NC. On Tuesday it seemed like no one went to work, they went on panic shopping sprees,store parking lots and roads were clogged in Central Va, then by Friday all the stores were deserted. I went grocery shopping Friday afternoon which is usually crowded time and there were probably more cashiers than shoppers. Once again we are 200 miles away. It is laughable.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #87
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

It's the end of the World as we know it.

Blame it on whoever and whatever you want.

Personally, I blame it on not voting for Hillary.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2018, 06:49 PM   #88
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Hang in there Grits. I’ve been there. Stay safe
Old 09-15-2018, 07:49 PM   #89
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Hang in there Grits. I’ve been there. Stay safe
I've been here, too, J.R. with Fran, Floyd, and Matthew. Stressful storms!!!

This one has become a real fear inland as the rivers are rising rapidly tonight.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #90
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Most especially since leftists are telling us that the is storm is Trump's fault. AND moreover, the response to the storm is horrendous -- even though the storm hasn't hit land yet.

Scary stuff...(the radical left, that is.)
This is one of the things that people find disappointing about you. Some vague reference to leftists. Nothing specific. Could be two of these leftists, could be a million. It reminds me of all those times somebody said, "Well, you know what they say." Who is they and how many of them are there?

If you're going to be accusatory and you want credibility, then cite names and publications.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply