Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh boy....
Old 09-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #17
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Definitely could be something there...

Problem is I don't trust Tucker or Hannity to report what they ate for dinner let alone any inside "scoop."

I'll defer judgment on the story until more is released.
Look around it has legs...

Another tidbit on google...

Quote:
90 percent of political donations from Google-related companies go to Democrats: Study A study released Thursday found that 90 percent of political donations by Google, YouTube, and other subsidiaries of Alphabet have gone to Democrats.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...emocrats-study

A little further into the articular...

Quote:
Of the Republicans polled in an Axios survey on the public’s trust in technology, 67 percent said they believe Internet search engines are programmed to produce results that are biased to favor a liberal point of view. PJ Media found last month that 96 percent of Google search results for “Trump” turned up hits from left-leaning or liberal outlets such as CNN, the Washington Post, and NBC.
No Bias there...
Old 09-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #18
classhandicapper

At this point, I literally (and this is not hyperbole) trust the Russian news services over anything coming out of the mainstream US press.

On one side (albeit the smaller one) you have media that is clearly in bed with the republican establishment, with some veering off the reservation in support of Trump.

On the other side you have the mainstream media that's clearly in bed with the intelligence community, anti Russia war mongers, and democrats that are so consumed with despair and hate over the lost election they couldn't find the truth even if they had the integrity to try.

I would be hysterical if I was a foreigner just observing this.

However, since I'm US citizen that's hoping Trump does well, improves the economy, improves relations with S Korea, China, and Russia etc.. and also just wants facts with out spin so I can create my own informed opinions, I am left in the almost hopeless position of searching for analysis outside the US (which is also biased, but at least not mentally ill like the mainstream US).
Old 09-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #19
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Maddow is garbage...

If she's breaking it proceed with caution.

When it comes to "hot take" journalism you shouldn't believe anyone... that's what Tucker's piece was. I'm not saying it can't be verified... but it could also be very misleading.
I am surprised at your false equivalency.

Maddow's honors and awards

2017 Emmy Award in the Outstanding Live Interview category for The Rachel Maddow Show segment "One-on-One with Kellyanne Conway".[68]
2017 Emmy Award in the Outstanding News Discussion & Analysis category for The Rachel Maddow Show story "An American Disaster: The Crisis in Flint".[69]
2011 Emmy Award in the Outstanding News Discussion & Analysis category for The Rachel Maddow Show segments "Good Morning Landlocked Central Asia!".[70]
Maddow was named in Out magazine's "Out 100" list of the "gay men and women who moved culture" in 2008.[71]
Maddow was voted "Lesbian/Bi Woman of the Year (American)" in AfterEllen's 2008 Visibility Awards.[72]
Maddow won a Gracie Award in 2009, presented by the American Women in Radio and Television.[73]
In 2009, Maddow was nominated for GLAAD's 20th Annual Media Awards for a segment of her MSNBC show, "Rick Warren, Change To Believe In?", in the Outstanding TV Journalism Segment category.[74]
On March 28, 2009, Maddow received a Proclamation of Honor from the California State Senate, presented in San Francisco by California State Senator Mark Leno.[75]
In April 2009, she was listed at No. 4 in Out magazine's Annual Power 50 List.[76]
Maddow placed sixth in the "2009 AfterEllen.com Hot 100" list (May 11, 2009)[77] and third in its "2009 Hot 100: Out Women" version.[78]
Maddow was included on a list of openly gay media professionals in The Advocate's "Forty under 40" issue of June/July 2009.[79]
In 1994, Maddow was an Honorable Mention in the Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity Prize in Ethics.[80]
In June 2009, Maddow's MSNBC show was the only cable news show nominated for a Television Critics Association award in the Outstanding Achievement in News and Information category.[81]
In March 2010, Maddow won at the 21st Annual GLAAD Media Awards in the category of Outstanding TV Journalism- Newsmagazine for her segment, "Uganda Be Kidding Me".[82]
In May 2010, Maddow was the 2010 commencement speaker and was given an honorary Doctor of Laws (LLD) degree at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts.[83]
In July 2010, Maddow was presented with a Maggie Award for her ongoing reporting of healthcare reform, the murder of Dr. George Tiller, and the anti-abortion movement.[84]
In August 2010, Maddow won the Walter Cronkite Faith & Freedom Award, which was presented by the Interfaith Alliance.[53] Past honorees included Larry King, Tom Brokaw, and the late Peter Jennings.[53]
In February 2012, Maddow was presented the John Steinbeck Award by the Martha Heasley Cox Center for Steinbeck Studies at San Jose State University.[85]
Outstanding Host at the 2012 Gracie Allen Awards[86]
In December 2012, the audio book version of Maddow's Drift was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album.
On October 5, 2017, two Emmy Awards for coverage of the tainted water crisis in Flint, Michigan, and for Maddow's interview with White House counselor Kellyanne Conway. ("Variety." October 5, 2017. Retrieved variety.com/2017)
In December 2017 The Advocate named her as a finalist for its "Person of the Year".[87]

i WILL Dig up Hannity and Carlson's awards.

Last edited by hcap; 09-12-2018 at 10:11 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #20
hcap

On the other hand. Sean is a nothing burger.

Awards and honors

Hannity received a Marconi Award in 2003 and 2007 as the Network Syndicated Personality of the Year from the National Association of Broadcasters.[171]
In 2009, Talkers Magazine listed Hannity as #2 on their list of the 100 most important radio talk show hosts in America.[172] The same magazine gave Hannity their Freedom of Speech Award in 2003.[173]
In 2005, Jerry Falwell, chancellor of Liberty University, awarded Hannity an honorary degree.[174]
Hannity was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame in November 2017.[175]

Go ahead look up Carlson.
AS MUCH AS A NOTHING BURGER AS HANNITY
Old 09-12-2018, 10:34 AM   #21
woodtoo

Thanks for the insight.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #22
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Thanks for the insight.
Man O man!. And I was afraid I wouldn't have room on one page, to list Haanity and Carlson's awards.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #23
classhandicapper

I don't know much about the journalism business, but if it's anything like Hollywood it's probably a bunch of douche bags giving each other awards and excluding anyone that disagrees with them.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #24
Inner Dirt

A lot of awards from liberal institutions are the equivalent of participation trophies, especially if they are given to LGBT people or whatever you call them these days. Michael Sam and the former Bruce Jenner were given "courage" awards. If Rachel Maddow was straight her list of awards would be a real short one.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #25
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I am surprised at your false equivalency.

Maddow's honors and awards

2017 Emmy Award in the Outstanding Live Interview category for The Rachel Maddow Show segment "One-on-One with Kellyanne Conway".[68]
2017 Emmy Award in the Outstanding News Discussion & Analysis category for The Rachel Maddow Show story "An American Disaster: The Crisis in Flint".[69]
2011 Emmy Award in the Outstanding News Discussion & Analysis category for The Rachel Maddow Show segments "Good Morning Landlocked Central Asia!".[70]
Maddow was named in Out magazine's "Out 100" list of the "gay men and women who moved culture" in 2008.[71]
Maddow was voted "Lesbian/Bi Woman of the Year (American)" in AfterEllen's 2008 Visibility Awards.[72]
Maddow won a Gracie Award in 2009, presented by the American Women in Radio and Television.[73]
In 2009, Maddow was nominated for GLAAD's 20th Annual Media Awards for a segment of her MSNBC show, "Rick Warren, Change To Believe In?", in the Outstanding TV Journalism Segment category.[74]
On March 28, 2009, Maddow received a Proclamation of Honor from the California State Senate, presented in San Francisco by California State Senator Mark Leno.[75]
In April 2009, she was listed at No. 4 in Out magazine's Annual Power 50 List.[76]
Maddow placed sixth in the "2009 AfterEllen.com Hot 100" list (May 11, 2009)[77] and third in its "2009 Hot 100: Out Women" version.[78]
Maddow was included on a list of openly gay media professionals in The Advocate's "Forty under 40" issue of June/July 2009.[79]
In 1994, Maddow was an Honorable Mention in the Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity Prize in Ethics.[80]
In June 2009, Maddow's MSNBC show was the only cable news show nominated for a Television Critics Association award in the Outstanding Achievement in News and Information category.[81]
In March 2010, Maddow won at the 21st Annual GLAAD Media Awards in the category of Outstanding TV Journalism- Newsmagazine for her segment, "Uganda Be Kidding Me".[82]
In May 2010, Maddow was the 2010 commencement speaker and was given an honorary Doctor of Laws (LLD) degree at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts.[83]
In July 2010, Maddow was presented with a Maggie Award for her ongoing reporting of healthcare reform, the murder of Dr. George Tiller, and the anti-abortion movement.[84]
In August 2010, Maddow won the Walter Cronkite Faith & Freedom Award, which was presented by the Interfaith Alliance.[53] Past honorees included Larry King, Tom Brokaw, and the late Peter Jennings.[53]
In February 2012, Maddow was presented the John Steinbeck Award by the Martha Heasley Cox Center for Steinbeck Studies at San Jose State University.[85]
Outstanding Host at the 2012 Gracie Allen Awards[86]
In December 2012, the audio book version of Maddow's Drift was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album.
On October 5, 2017, two Emmy Awards for coverage of the tainted water crisis in Flint, Michigan, and for Maddow's interview with White House counselor Kellyanne Conway. ("Variety." October 5, 2017. Retrieved variety.com/2017)
In December 2017 The Advocate named her as a finalist for its "Person of the Year".[87]

i WILL Dig up Hannity and Carlson's awards.

Add all these up, they are about as worthless as Barry's peace prize.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #26
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
A lot of awards from liberal institutions are the equivalent of participation trophies, especially if they are given to LGBT people or whatever you call them these days. Michael Sam and the former Bruce Jenner were given "courage" awards. If Rachel Maddow was straight her list of awards would be a real short one.
I get it. Gays can't be objective journalists, and honors and awards to and from Hollywood liberal douchebags are worthless.

Nevertheless, Maddow is much superior to douchebags Hannity and Carlson. This place is chock full of looney tunes conspiracy mongers, even when it tries to be serious
Old 09-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #27
OntheRail

Quote:
I get it. Gays can't be objective journalists, and honors and awards to and from Hollywood liberal douchebags are worthless.

Nevertheless, Maddow is much superior to douchebags Hannity and Carlson. This place is chock full of looney tunes conspiracy mongers, even when it tries to be serious
You added nothing on topic made no comment about it nothing but drag in some trash and call people names.

Did you even read the article?
Old 09-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #28
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
You added nothing on topic made no comment about it nothing but drag in some trash and call people names.

Did you even read the article?
What article? What names? Try to keep up.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #29
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Coming from the guy who thinks the Russians fixed the election, you are pure comedy.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #30
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Coming from the guy who thinks the Russians fixed the election, you are pure comedy.
It may have.

If Chumpy and the alt right does not interfere with Mueller and the Senate intel committee, we will find out about the same time Chumpy tries on his orange jumpsuit.