Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Citation33
Veteran

Behind the scenes handicapping angles.

Since Jan 2008:
Which NY trainer is 8/13 when adding weight with heavy jock in his post layoffs workouts on his good horses.

Which trainer is 14/24 when using a certain jockey in his 2-3 prep races and then switching to this jock for a certain trip?

Which trainer appears to have their workout jock come slow of the gate on his gate workouts on his good and ready first timers and then has them turn it on in the end? What appears to be a slow gate work is really not. Hit's big time on this angle.

Which trainer tells his jockey on his just about ready to score maiden horses to ride a certain pattern in the race as a last conditioner before coming back to score next time out. 9/16

Majority of these are not even heavy favorites(although very few are big longshots),because the hidden form and angles.

Last edited by Citation33; 06-10-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Tom Barrister
Veteran

Did you want me to post answers to any of those, so that everybody knows?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
tribecaagent
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation33
Since Jan 2008:
Which NY trainer is 8/13 when adding weight with heavy jock in his post layoffs workouts on his good horses.

Which trainer is 14/24 when using a certain jockey in his 2-3 prep races and then switching to this jock for a certain trip?

Which trainer appears to have their workout jock come slow of the gate on his gate workouts on his good and ready first timers and then has them turn it on in the end? What appears to be a slow gate work is really not. Hit's big time on this angle.

Which trainer tells his jockey on his just about ready to score maiden horses to ride a certain pattern in the race as a last conditioner before coming back to score next time out. 9/16

Majority of these are not even heavy favorites(although very few are big longshots),because the hidden form and angles.
Am I correct to assume that a) these are NY trainers and b) each question has a DIFFERENT trainer?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
HolyBull29
Journeyman

Damn these trainers and their tricks! LOL. Those are hard unless you have connections. Care to share? LOL
Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
Citation33
Veteran

Yeah they are all different trainers,and they are NY.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
Citation33
Veteran

Nice workouts that Dutrow horse had today in the 5TH! Good workouts for those post layoff works with a heavy jock. Got the call on who was working him out in those sprints. Blew right by the field at 9-1!

$500 win and $5 ex over a couple horses including the #1.

Can't believe all the reads and no one tried to guess the answers. Did'nt get to PM anybody. Oh well

Last edited by Citation33; 06-11-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #7
njcurveball

Quote:

Congrats! Must feel good to make $5,000 in a day! Easy Game!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #8
Citation33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcurveball
Congrats! Must feel good to make $5,000 in a day! Easy Game!
Would'nt say easy game. I only bet about 10 times on month heavy on spot plays when they come up. I wish it was every day . Unfortunatly they don't happen every day. You have to wait for them. I do play at the track every day though,but it's usually just about $10-20 a race for fun.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
TheGhost
Veteran

Cit you are the man. Thanks again for the pick at the track today,and thanks for laughing when I said I did'nt play the exacta aaaaaaahhh!
P.S. Thanks for turning me onto this forum too.

Last edited by TheGhost; 06-11-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #10
Citation33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost
Cit you are the man. Thanks again for the pick at the track today,and thanks for laughing when I said I did'nt play the exacta aaaaaaahhh!
P.S. Thanks for turning me onto this forum too.
Hey,thanks for the beer.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
tribecaagent
Veteran

Quote:
Nice workouts that Dutrow horse had today in the 5TH! Good workouts for those post layoff works with a heavy jock. Got the call on who was working him out in those sprints. Blew right by the field at 9-1!

Can't believe all the reads and no one tried to guess the answers. Did'nt get to PM anybody. Oh well
Nice work Citation. Some much for Prado being Dutrow's "man." Looks like Cornelio is "the man" when "the money's down!"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/11/sp...=1&oref=slogin

Here are my answers for the other 3:
1) Rick Dutrow Jr. - of course!
2) Jimmie Jerkens
3) Mike Hushion
4) Bobby Barbara
Old 06-12-2008, 08:13 AM   #12
Grits

Quote:

Did'nt get to PM anybody. Oh well
I give you guys, the Ultimate Redboard with apologies to the less fortunate.

Makes the thread title more appropriate.

Hilarious.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #13
Grits

Citation, so you won't feel I'm hammering you-- let me ask, next time please switch your handicapping exercise that leads the thread to a couple of hours after you post your big play.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #14
Citation33
Veteran

First of all. I WAS posting about angles that happen all the time that trainers use without the betting public knowing. I have worked behind the track for over 15 years. I was asking fun questions about who do you think wins these types of races. OVER 300 people read and no one answered except one person. TOO bad. I WAS going to PM(I did PM 1 here) the people who got the answers right but no one answered. Maybe people just believe in pace and numbers and thought nothing of the post. Acting like 25 people were guessing and whatever and I held out and then posted a win(which did fit my description). No one answered the thread.
I also did give out the pick to a forum poster I know from here who was at the track. Redboard my butt. No one even cared about the post.

Last edited by Citation33; 06-12-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
Citation33
Veteran

Question? Why did'nt you try and answer them whenever you read the post? Was it just after one of them won you got mad?

Sorry but Dutrow put on his heavy jock this time for his post layoff works,which were very good. The horse was a good horse with good competitive numbers in his past. Did'nt put on Prado and tip off bettors,which was good too.

But if my trivia and this thread is such a problem,then I'll stop doing it or PM'ing people,because I have offended you.
Closed Thread