Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: How do you feel about gun control laws?
Current laws infringe on our rights and should be weakened 21 17.80%
Current laws are just fine, thanks. We don't need anything more 28 23.73%
Current laws are not satisfactory, there are "common sense" adjustments that should be made 69 58.47%
Voters: 118. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:39 AM   #406
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...errorists.html

And no-one has ever expressed any fear for a lawnmower. Strange, when you think about it.
Did Raloh post this link? It actually says.....

More Americans are killed by LAWNMOWERS than Jihadi terrorists on average each year, statistics revea.

I guess the War on Terror is misdirected.

If youse guys are interested we can ban all of these and hey NOT worry about guns at all.

11 Mundane Objects That Are Statistically Deadlier Than Sharks

Last edited by hcap; 03-01-2018 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:14 AM   #407
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller[
You have a point when you start talking about societal issues but in the case of suicides... no. Just no.

Suicide rates are much higher in countries with no gun crime like Japan among the same demographics.
Ok, did not know this.
However let me address why mass shootings and school shootings are up. Various claims have been made here that guns were more available years ago and therefore why then are school and mass shootings up? The answer here has been the liberal agendas, even though violent crimes have dropped since the Clinton era.

Whereas
Gun availability has increased......

PEW Research Center released a survey showing that gun ownership by households is up to 44% — a 7-percentage point increase in the past two

and......

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nce-statistics

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gun owner.JPG (47.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by hcap; 03-01-2018 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:52 AM   #408
Inner Dirt

Headline on MSN Money:

After Dick’s, Only One Major Retailer Is Still Selling Semi-Automatic Rifles

Pretty sure that is 100% false, why can't liberals stop posting misinformation about guns?
Old 03-01-2018, 07:09 AM   #409
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I think sociopaths have been around since the beginning of time. Maybe their numbers have increased because of pieces of crap psychologists on TV like Dr. Phil and his peers who think like him. He can have the most deranged loser kid on his show known to man yet he will blame everyone but the kid for his or her behavior. There are a lot of women out there raising kids that look to that loser for advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
The numbers have certainly risen with the population. The thing nobody is talking about is what changed with the handling of these sociopaths. Before they had meds they institutionalized them. Now they give em meds and mainstream em only to have them go off their meds or not seek follow up treatments for the adjustments. Until that happens we will continue down this path
My 22 year old nephew who I hope never gets out of prison is a sociopath. He is doing 2-5 years in a state pen in Idaho for trying to strangle his girlfriend. They have given him every drug and therapy under the sun since he was 14 and he is the same piece of crap he has always been. Sociopaths are never cured, I don't care what the Dr. Phils of the world say. Noah did not come from a bad family, no one molested him, and he is not a victim of society. In Idaho they treat juvenile offenders seriously, by 18 he had been incarcerated 9 separate times, he bragged about his crimes and showed no remorse toward his victims including physical assault of an elderly female teacher at his high school. He is evil and should be exterminated before he kills an innocent person. I just hope he parlays his 2-5 into a much longer sentence or a fellow prisoner kills him. He is a poster child for 3 strikes and your out laws.

P.S. He never used a gun to commit a crime, he did use a knife while attempting a car theft once. His favorite weapon are using his hands against women.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 03-01-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:36 AM   #410
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I've got a "rod of iron" for ya

And where can I get one of those sweet crowns?

https://youtu.be/-w2kSlpXjng
I know that area well, smack in the middle of several Pa. State Gamelands, Large deer and bear hunter population. Originally Pa. coal country. Good folks that I'd trust to watch my house when away. The crowns allow you to use the 30 round clips.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #411
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...errorists.html

And no-one has ever expressed any fear for a lawnmower. Strange, when you think about it.
change it from 10 year average to 20 year average (including 9/11) and those 'stats' rearrange a lot.

I have changed my mind, all weapons should be confiscated by government. Tens of Millions less people will die when China invades the west coast.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #412
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
My 22 year old nephew who I hope never gets out of prison is a sociopath. He is doing 2-5 years in a state pen in Idaho for trying to strangle his girlfriend. They have given him every drug and therapy under the sun since he was 14 and he is the same piece of crap he has always been. Sociopaths are never cured, I don't care what the Dr. Phils of the world say. Noah did not come from a bad family, no one molested him, and he is not a victim of society. In Idaho they treat juvenile offenders seriously, by 18 he had been incarcerated 9 separate times, he bragged about his crimes and showed no remorse toward his victims including physical assault of an elderly female teacher at his high school. He is evil and should be exterminated before he kills an innocent person. I just hope he parlays his 2-5 into a much longer sentence or a fellow prisoner kills him. He is a poster child for 3 strikes and your out laws.

P.S. He never used a gun to commit a crime, he did use a knife while attempting a car theft once. His favorite weapon are using his hands against women.
and this is exactly why they can't be mainstreamed.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:01 AM   #413
chadk66

one major chain left selling those guns
Old 03-01-2018, 09:09 AM   #414
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
one major chain left selling those guns
2 hours later that falsehood is still up and they moved it to their front home page, dumb ass liberal media.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #415
Clocker

After a meeting with Trump yesterday, a number of GOP Senators said that they would not support the gun control policies he put forward.

Quote:
President Donald Trump shocked his Republican allies in Congress on Wednesday when he said during a televised meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers in the White House Cabinet Room that lawmakers must support raising the age limit and confiscating guns from people deemed mentally ill, along with a host of other gun-control measures that would be anathema to most Republicans.

During the meeting, Trump said he supports a Democratic proposal to use the Toomey-Manchin gun control proposal as a base bill and build on top of it. Meanwhile, lawmakers should consider a sweeping expansion of concealed-carry protections as part of a separate package. He also said an assault-weapons ban should be considered, to the visible delight of California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, according to the Hill.
Not to worry, he will be tweeting different policies over the next few days. Just wait to find some that you like.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ntrol-proposal
Old 03-01-2018, 01:37 PM   #416
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
After a meeting with Trump yesterday, a number of GOP Senators said that they would not support the gun control policies he put forward.

Not to worry, he will be tweeting different policies over the next few days. Just wait to find some that you like.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ntrol-proposal
Are you surprised by this?
Old 03-01-2018, 01:39 PM   #417
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Ok, did not know this.
However let me address why mass shootings and school shootings are up. Various claims have been made here that guns were more available years ago and therefore why then are school and mass shootings up? The answer here has been the liberal agendas, even though violent crimes have dropped since the Clinton era.

Gun availability has increased......

PEW Research Center released a survey showing that gun ownership by households is up to 44% — a 7-percentage point increase in the past two

and......
Yet violent crime is down. Doesn't that kinda bolster the "good guy with a gun" argument?
Old 03-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #418
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Are you surprised by this?
No. The Donald has never been strong on gun rights. The NRA and others supported him as the lesser of 2 evils, with the Wicked Witch of the East as an obvious greater evil.

And now that he is in office, he is trying to prove that he got elected all by himself, and isn't beholding to the NRA or anyone else.

Quote:
Sitting with a group of Democrats and Republicans, including some who are backed by the NRA, Trump made what sounded like an extraordinary break with the powerful gun-rights organization. He accused lawmakers of being so “petrified” by the NRA that they have not been willing to take even small steps on gun control.
“They have great power over you people,” Trump said. “They have less power over me.”
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/...2nd-amendment/

Last edited by Clocker; 03-01-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #419
Clocker

The guys supposedly on the right are not playing well together.

Quote:
“I don’t know how he came unmoored,” said libertarian Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), one of the staunchest defenders of gun rights in Congress.
Massie was talking about the titular head of the GOP, The Donald.

Quote:
House Republicans expressed a mix of shock, frustration and disappointment that Trump endorsed a Democratic “wish list” of gun control proposals during a meeting on Wednesday at the White House. The ideas he spoke favorably of included imposing new age limits on gun purchases and taking guns away from dangerous people.

Republicans in both chambers of Congress, and particularly the House, made clear they have little interest in adopting Trump’s “comprehensive” approach.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/37...-trump-on-guns
Old 03-01-2018, 11:33 PM   #420
FantasticDan
gelding

Closed Thread