Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > P.A. Downs

Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #46
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
Answer this question and the problem goes away.

Can I bet all or part of my bankroll on one horse in one race so long as I do it $20 at a time?
Theoretically, what's to stop you? The answer is, to quote the president..."yes you can!"

Of course, you have to keep in mind that there are also penalties involved if you don't bet as many races as others in the contest...if you finish the contest with a $4,000 bankroll, and the person directly underneath you finishes with $3,900 and you bet six less races than he did, you'll be penalized $120 and will end up underneath the guy with $3,900 when it comes time to determine who wins a prize.

Quote:
You will risk eligibility for any cash prizes if you do not wager on EVERY contest race on the chosen card. If a contestant does NOT wager on every contest race and happens to finish the entire contest with a vCash total higher than someone who has wagered on every contest race, then the person with the lower vCash (but the higher number of races wagered) will win the prize money for the entire contest. For this rule to be enforced, the number of "missed" wagers must materially impact the standings. For instance, if a contestant has a vCash total of 2000 but missed 10 races, and another contestant has a vCash total of 1900 but wagered on every race, $200 vCash will be subtracted from the contestant with 2000, bringing his total down to 1800, and thus moving him below the contestant with 1900 vCash in the standings.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #47
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Maybe I missed this (I did read the rules).

When are proceeds from winning bets credited to a player's vcash total? After each race? After each contest day?

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
When are proceeds from winning bets credited to a player's vcash total? After each race? After each contest day?
I use the official chart from Equibase to update the results, so it will be no sooner than that is available (usually 20-30 minutes after a race becomes official).

Since I have to enter results manually, you should always assume the worst case scenario...and that is the results and your vCash won't reflect any winnings until the end of the day...however, in all likelihood, I will be updating results periodically throughout the day....hopefully, not too long after each race chart becomes available on Equibase...that's my goal anyway....
Old 10-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #49
rcknhrse

i just received an email oct 7 .my fault for not participating in a while but why tease me with an email 1 week too late
Old 10-07-2009, 06:36 AM   #50
rcknhrse

tried to join but i live in va
Old 10-07-2009, 06:39 AM   #51
rcknhrse

is maryland eligable because i might be able to get a temp address in md
Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #52
cruzan200246

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Essentially, you're asking if a person bets $200 on one race, can he still bet 20 on all the other 9 races...

Sure, why not? If he still has money left in his bankroll, why not?

How is it a disadvantage if everyone's able to do the same thing? He could easily bet 20 on one horse 10 times and lose.
that sound great to me.
cruzan200246 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcknhrse
i just received an email oct 7 .my fault for not participating in a while but why tease me with an email 1 week too late
Well, because even though we're a week into the contest, that doesn't mean you can't still qualify for prize money....it's free to play, so you have nothing to lose really...
Old 10-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #54
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcknhrse
is maryland eligable because i might be able to get a temp address in md
It's best to check the www.racing2day.com website and/or contact someone over there for answers to these types of questions.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #55
lovemychampions

racing/betting should be nationwide

LOL, I own & train 17 thoroughbreds racing in 6 different midwest states, but because I live in missouri (no horse racing in missouri) I cant play NOW that is SiLLY, lol! I would move to chicago but I am trying to sell my house and the housing market .. well you know- lots of luck there unless I give it away! Someone should bring racing to missouri so I can bet online, darn it (or buy my house so I can move)! GOOD LUCK everyone that is eligible!
lovemychampions is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #56
ndsc32

Missed the first week of contest. Just got an email reminder. My question is, "Where do you post your selections in the contest each week?" I don't see any postings from the first week.
ndsc32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #57
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemychampions
LOL, I own & train 17 thoroughbreds racing in 6 different midwest states, but because I live in missouri (no horse racing in missouri) I cant play NOW that is SiLLY, lol! I would move to chicago but I am trying to sell my house and the housing market .. well you know- lots of luck there unless I give it away! Someone should bring racing to missouri so I can bet online, darn it (or buy my house so I can move)! GOOD LUCK everyone that is eligible!
You can still play even though you live in Missouri. You're even eligible for cash prizes...just not the kind of cash prize you would be eligible for if you were a member of racing2day.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #58
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsc32
Missed the first week of contest. Just got an email reminder. My question is, "Where do you post your selections in the contest each week?" I don't see any postings from the first week.
IN the green menu bar near the top of every forum page, there is a link for P.A. Downs.

Go there and select OFFICIAL from the drop down box to see all past races, and select OPEN for any current races (there won't be any until Friday night).

Alternatively, you can open up the P.A. Downs section of the forum (the one where this very thread that you are reading right now is posted) and you will see the contest races. They are the threads with the blue $ signs next to them, signifying that is the place to place your mythical wagers.

Any current races will appear at the top of the forum...both areas described above lead to the same thing...contest races that you can review and/or wager on....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-07-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #59
TurfRuler

In the second week of the contest I played three horses in one races betting the maximum I thought allowed on each runner of $20.00. One of these won and paid $25+. Boy was I happy because it brought me back in the black for the contest. Now it has been made clear to me that I can bet more than one horse in a race and I can also bet more as long as I do it more than one time in $20.00 increments.

So my wager looks like this in a race 1

$20.00 #1 (hit the enter key)

$20.00 #5 (hit the enter key)
$20.00 #5 (hit the enter key)

$20.00 #10 (hit the enter key)
$20.00 #10 enter

A total of $200.00 will be deducted from my vCash for this one race and I won't be penalized and if the #1, #5, #10 wins I'll get the multiple win payoffs.

Last edited by TurfRuler; 10-15-2009 at 03:26 PM.
TurfRuler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #60
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Because I have allowed the betting of more than one horse in a race, this opens up the possibility of betting multiple times on the same horse.

In last year's contest, I only allowed you to make one bet on a race...once you put a bet in on a horse, that was it...you weren't allowed to bet anyone else, including the horse you already wagered on...

So, to answer your question, if you have the bankroll, and you enter in all of those separate wagers (remember, even if you enter $2 or $50 as a bet, it will always only register as a $20 wager), $200 will be deducted from your vCash balance, and you will be paid off on each and every wager if one of those three horses you wagered on happens to win the race.