Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-04-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
Horsery

Winning racing tickets accidentally being called losers?

So, I had bet 2 dollars on all 8 horses for a race for $16. I checked my ticket after the race and it said,"Ticket is not a winner." I knew there was no way my ticket was a loser as I had bet on all horses. I tried again, and it said something like,"Balance is 18, meaning I had a $2 profit. Similar things have happened to me about 5 times. Weird how a winning ticket would at first claim to be a losing ticket.
Horsery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2023, 06:47 PM   #2
Bullet Plane

Sounds like you may have tried to cash befire the machines had registered official.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2023, 07:43 PM   #3
dilanesp

It almost sounds like a Rodney Dangerfield joke. "I bet on all the horses in the race and still didn't cash!"
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2023, 08:10 PM   #4
Horsery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsery View Post
So, I had bet 2 dollars on all 8 horses for a race for $16. I checked my ticket after the race and it said,"Ticket is not a winner." I knew there was no way my ticket was a loser as I had bet on all horses. I tried again, and it said something like,"Balance is 18, meaning I had a $2 profit. Similar things have happened to me about 5 times. Weird how a winning ticket would at first claim to be a losing ticket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Plane View Post
Sounds like you may have tried to cash befire the machines had registered official.
No, because when I try to cash before the machines had registered official, I get a "Results not available for this race," message.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:15 PM   #5
Horsery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
It almost sounds like a Rodney Dangerfield joke. "I bet on all the horses in the race and still didn't cash!"

About betting on all horses, Hilary from The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air said,"I bet on all the horses in the race " Will said,"Hilary, one of those horses has to win." Hilary said,"That's the point!" Hilary was supposed to be a ditz, but she had a good point in that episode. Betting on all horses guarantees you will win. I bet that way too, on all horses, and hope the longshot wins. For example, I put a dollar on all 7 horses for a certain race and I won 18 when the longshot won.
Old 09-04-2023, 09:11 PM   #6
ranchwest

Sometimes it pays to be observant. A friend showed me the tickets he had. After the race, he asked how much he'd won. When I replied, he said, no I only had the big ticket one time. I said, no, you have one in your shirt pocket and one in your pants pocket, a ticket for around $4,600. He cashed out and came to me and gave me $100 before he left to make a bank deposit.
Old 09-04-2023, 11:53 PM   #7
castaway01

Quote:
About betting on all horses, Hilary from The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air said,"I bet on all the horses in the race " Will said,"Hilary, one of those horses has to win." Hilary said,"That's the point!" Hilary was supposed to be a ditz, but she had a good point in that episode. Betting on all horses guarantees you will win. I bet that way too, on all horses, and hope the longshot wins. For example, I put a dollar on all 7 horses for a certain race and I won 18 when the longshot won.
We need more bettors like you. A million more.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2023, 12:56 AM   #8
Horsery

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
We need more bettors like you. A million more.
You might be sarcastic, but I still stand by my belief that you should bet on each horse in the race.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:41 AM   #9
castaway01

Quote:
You might be sarcastic, but I still stand by my belief that you should bet on each horse in the race.
How could it possibly make sense?

Yes, I know you're trolling, but engaging with idiots is part of my fun time. Sorry mods.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:50 PM   #10
Horsery

Quote:
How could it possibly make sense?

Yes, I know you're trolling, but engaging with idiots is part of my fun time. Sorry mods.
I'm not trolling, I really do play every horse in a race.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:01 PM   #11
castaway01

Quote:
If you bet the same amount on each and every horse in the race, you'll lose 25% or a little more. That's not debatable unfortunately. Racing math.

If you're saying you'll pick and choose when to do it and guess right to overcome the takeout....you won't.
Old 09-06-2023, 08:51 AM   #12
green80

Quote:
If you bet the same amount on each and every horse in the race, you'll lose 25% or a little more. That's not debatable unfortunately. Racing math.

If you're saying you'll pick and choose when to do it and guess right to overcome the takeout....you won't.

Shouldn't you lose around 17% or whatever the track takeout is on the win pool? (talking long term)
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2023, 09:43 AM   #13
davew

Quote:
How do you decide which races to play?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2023, 10:16 AM   #14
46zilzal
velocitician

Overlays, but in the supers sometimes it is hard to predict even when short prices are on top

Last edited by 46zilzal; 09-06-2023 at 10:24 AM.
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2023, 10:55 AM   #15
Horsery

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
How do you decide which races to play?

I choose the ones that say stuff like 0 MTP and make a mad dash to play them. I remember my very first week of being a horse racing bettor, I honestly thought that 3:30 meant 3 minutes and 30 seconds and I played that race. Surprise, surprise, 3:30 was referring to the time and I would have to wait about 2 hours for that race to start, LMAO!