Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #1831
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Your last three post are totally incoherent.
You whined about football, then talked about a sharply(?), and end up with Mattis.......I've seen bowls of alphabet soup make more sense!

TDS......runnin' wild!
It's just out of your reach buddy.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #1832
formula_2002
what an easy game.

"Washington (CNN) — In a previously undisclosed secret mission in 2017, the United States successfully extracted from Russia one of its highest-level covert sources inside the Russian government, multiple Trump administration officials with direct knowledge told CNN.

A person directly involved in the discussions said that the removal of the Russian was driven, in part, by concerns that President Donald Trump and his administration repeatedly mishandled classified intelligence and could contribute to exposing the covert source as a spy"

DEEPER AND DEEPER INTO THE ABYSS...MORE LETTERS INTO THE ALPHABET SOUP

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill

Last edited by formula_2002; 09-09-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #1833
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

...more noodles missing the pot.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #1834
formula_2002
what an easy game.

"President Donald Trump drew ire on Twitter Wednesday morning with the way he marked the 18th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

Trump shared a photograph of himself and first lady Melania Trump, their backs to the camera, with the caption: “We Will Never Forget.”

However, it wasn’t his first post of the day. That honor went to a rant about China and his trade war."

I'll admit sometimes the criticism is a bit over the top .

But I think if were able to progress from "Trump" to "President" he would not have to face this type of criticism.

Winston Churchill
Old 09-11-2019, 11:31 PM   #1835
formula_2002
what an easy game.

"(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday granted a request by President Donald Trump's administration to fully enforce a new rule that would curtail asylum applications by immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border, a key element of his hardline immigration policies.

The court said the rule, which requires most immigrants who want asylum to first seek safe haven in a third country through which they traveled on their way to the United States, could go into effect as litigation challenging its legality continues.

Liberal Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg dissented."

this is a bit above my pay grade..

WHAT PROCESS DOES THE GOVERMENT GO THROUGH IN MAKING A NEW RULE?

PEHAPS THIS

When federal agencies create regulations, they go through a regimented rulemaking process. This process ensures transparency and gives members of the public ample opportunity to provide input on the content of the rules. The major steps in the federal rulemaking process and explained below at

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/st...rocess-1669507

Winston Churchill

Last edited by formula_2002; 09-11-2019 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:56 PM   #1836
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
"(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday granted a request by President Donald Trump's administration to fully enforce a new rule that would curtail asylum applications by immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border, a key element of his hardline immigration policies.

The court said the rule, which requires most immigrants who want asylum to first seek safe haven in a third country through which they traveled on their way to the United States, could go into effect as litigation challenging its legality continues.

PEHAPS THIS

When federal agencies create regulations, they go through a regimented rulemaking process. This process ensures transparency and gives members of the public ample opportunity to provide input on the content of the rules. The major steps in the federal rulemaking process and explained below at

I'm not positive but think this rule is through the UN, immigrants who want asylum must seek haven in the first safe country they enter. Of course there is nothing about third world countries, but you knew that and were just being a smart alec.

On a 911 note NYT deleted their tweet today

"18 years have passed since airplanes took aim and brought down the World Trade Center. Today families will gather and grieve at the site where more than 2000 people died."

Much like you they are in denial.

Muslim extremists murdered over 3000 American citizens by hijacking 2 planes and crashing them into the World Trade Center.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #1837
formula_2002
what an easy game.

THIS IS A BIT OFF TOPIC, HOWEVER IT INVOLVES "RULES"
JUSIIFY FAILS A DRUG TEST IN CALIFORNIA TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE KENTUCKY DERBY. INACCORDANCE WITH THE CALIFORNIA RULES,THAT DISQUALIFIES HIM FROM RUNNING IN THE DERBY.
NINE DAYS BEFORE THE DERBY (ABOUT THE TIME BAFFIT FOUND OUT)TRAINER BOB BAFFERT REQUEST ANOTHER TEST. MEANWHILE
JUSTIFY WINS THE TRIPLE CROWN.
THE SECOND TEST COMES BACK POSITIVE..SO WHAT DOES THE CALIFORNIA RACING BOARD DO? THEY CHANGE THE RULES. THEY CHANGE THE RULES FROM DISQUALIFIVATION TO A SIMPLE FINE..

Winston Churchill

Last edited by formula_2002; 09-12-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #1838
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Code:
"Belterra Park
Race 

MTP 

$1 Exacta Pool
$3,525"						bet sizes	 # of horses in field 	6	play type
PGNO	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9
1	----	----	----	----	----	 	 	----	----
2	----	----	----	----	140	12	----	----	----
3	----	----	----	----	----	----	----	----	----
4	----	----	----	----	----	7	11	----	----
5	34	----	----	----	----	8	13	----	----
6	----	----	----	----	----	----	----	----	----
7	----	----	----	----	----	1	----	----	----
8	----	----	----	----	----	----	----	----	----
9	----	----	----	----	----	----	----	----	----

Winston Churchill
Old 09-12-2019, 07:45 PM   #1839
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

PEHAPS THIS

Seems there is confusion. From your cited source:

Before a federal agency can issue rules, it must have the statutory authority to do so. The U.S. Congress often passes laws directing federal agencies to issue regulations. Such a law gives the agency a general policy direction but leaves the details to expert public administrators. In addition to working within enabling legislation, agencies must abide by the Administrative Procedures Act which governs federal rulemaking.

While bureaucrats writing regulations may seem like a violation of the separation of powers fundamental to the American government, federal agencies may enact rules solely within the statutory authority granted to them by Congress
. [emphasis added]

Your cite clearly references federal agencies, that are given authority by Congress. The office of the President is not a federal agency created by Congress and the President derives his powers from the Constitution.

There is no rule making procedure that applies to Presidential rules enacted under Presidential powers.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-12-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2019, 08:03 PM   #1840
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Note to self
The fundamental goal of the Republican party is to create a union that is built upon the principle that the individual liberty of a person should be protected at all costs. The Republican Party believes that individuals, not the government, make the right choices.

how's that work?

One of the fundamental differences between Democratic and Republican party ideals is around the role of government. Democrats tend to favor a more active role for government in society and believe that such involvement can improve the quality of people’s lives and help achieve the larger goals of opportunity and equality.

understood, "a government of the people,by the people and for the people"

E pluribus unum
Confusion running rampant. A government of the people, by the people and for the people is not about taking care of people. It is about the government protecting inalienable rights of the people, a limited government, whose officials follow the will of the people. It is not about an active government that tells the people what to do.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 09-12-2019, 11:19 PM   #1841
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Seems there is confusion. From your cited source:

Before a federal agency can issue rules, it must have the statutory authority to do so. The U.S. Congress often passes laws directing federal agencies to issue regulations. Such a law gives the agency a general policy direction but leaves the details to expert public administrators. In addition to working within enabling legislation, agencies must abide by the Administrative Procedures Act which governs federal rulemaking.

While bureaucrats writing regulations may seem like a violation of the separation of powers fundamental to the American government, federal agencies may enact rules solely within the statutory authority granted to them by Congress
. [emphasis added]

Your cite clearly references federal agencies, that are given authority by Congress. The office of the President is not a federal agency created by Congress and the President derives his powers from the Constitution.

There is no rule making procedure that applies to Presidential rules enacted under Presidential powers.

You are correct, thanks, however I gather the court fight is not over. I would think the rule must comply with the law.

Winston Churchill
Old 09-13-2019, 06:21 AM   #1842
reckless
Veteran

SOMETHING I EXPECTED OF TRUMP ...

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...ack-americans/

Quote:
Black Americans are experiencing an economic renaissance under President Donald Trump.

Black unemployment hit a new low last week of 5.5% — the level once described in economics textbooks as “full employment” — and the gap between black and white unemployment shrank to its lowest margin ever. This week, Census data showed that black poverty has dropped to its lowest level ever (18.8%). The reason: wages are climbing, even in low-wage jobs.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2019, 07:59 AM   #1843
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
glad to see he is able to maintain the upward trend...

Attached Images
File Type: png black labor employment.PNG (171.4 KB, 7 views)

Winston Churchill
Old 09-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #1844
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
[/B]
You are correct, thanks, however I gather the court fight is not over. I would think the rule must comply with the law.
Do you think Obama complied with the law, by creating another classification of immigrants through executive order?
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 09-13-2019, 06:12 PM   #1845
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Confusion running rampant. A government of the people, by the people and for the people is not about taking care of people. It is about the government protecting inalienable rights of the people, a limited government, whose officials follow the will of the people. It is not about an active government that tells the people what to do.
Is it the "will of the people" to sacrifice American soldiers in the Middle East?