Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #16
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
IMO, Bolt is a legit contender here, would also not hesitate to play Ransom The Moon here, also. If they let the 10 out on his own, both are in trouble. But the 10 is going to have to deal with the horse directly to his inside first. If that does not happen, then the 10 could be all alone up front.
I agree with this, RtM will be a big price and has enough speed to do it. I like the 10 too but can he hang on? Up against veterans here. I played against Bolt because I prefer McCracken at the price, he might just relish those 1 turn miles and looked good last out.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #17
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
IMO, Bolt is a legit contender here, would also not hesitate to play Ransom The Moon here, also. If they let the 10 out on his own, both are in trouble. But the 10 is going to have to deal with the horse directly to his inside first. If that does not happen, then the 10 could be all alone up front.
I am playing Ransom the Moon and Bee Jersey.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #18
Thomas Roulston

Under the "overnight scale" that was in existence in New York in like the late '70s/early '80s, it was 3-year-olds 114 lbs. and older 122 lbs. in June regardless of the distance - and the spread in June from 1 mile to 1 3/16 miles was even more than 8 pounds.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #19
classhandicapper

I think this horses is probably more talented that the results he's been getting on the track. I'll leave it at that.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #20
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I think this horses is probably more talented that the results he's been getting on the track. I'll leave it at that.
Andy Beyer was incredulous that he was entered in the Met. "He would have been 2 to 1 in a $400,000 race in the Woody Stephens. What's wrong with the Woody Stephens?"
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 11:56 AM   #21
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Andy Beyer was incredulous that he was entered in the Met. "He would have been 2 to 1 in a $400,000 race in the Woody Stephens. What's wrong with the Woody Stephens?"

Couldn't agree more.

Saw him entered in the Met Mile, and just started laughing.

He then went off at lesser odds than Limo, Ransom, and Samaritan.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #22
Maximillion

hindsight only, but not sure if Bolt (or the older winner for that matter) would have won the Woody Stephens....the pace was insane.

Last edited by Maximillion; 06-10-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #23
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
The way he ran and given the setup in the Woody Stephens it probably wouldn't have mattered much.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #24
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The way he ran and given the setup in the Woody Stephens it probably wouldn't have mattered much.
I think at this point it is safe to say the trainer has blown it with this horse. He was over his head with a horse this good.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #25
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I think at this point it is safe to say the trainer has blown it with this horse. He was over his head with a horse this good.

While we all 'dislike' the Super-Trainer stuff, I can only imagine what could have been with Bolt.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #26
Secondbest

Quote:
Amen to that. He's a rich business man. Not a horseman.He should stick to what he knows and give the horse to a horseman
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 05:07 PM   #27
outofthebox

Bolt was gutted in the SA Derby. After the KY Derby i was glad to hear that he was getting a break till summer. When it was announced that he was running in the Met i felt bad for Bolt. I really like the colt. But like CJ said the trainer is way in over his head with this colt.
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #28
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

He is still probably suffering ill-effects from having colic 48 hours before the Kentucky Derby AND blowing out 5F in 57 flat leading up to this race. There is a reason why his trainer is 3-for-68 this year. It is obvious this horse has some promise, but is getting placed in over his head.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #29
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
So much talent wasted. Such a shame.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #30
outofthebox

Bolt headed to Asmussen barn after his freshening at owner Ruiz farm. Very smart move. Hope he can be revived...
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: