Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #286
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

FOX news people bought genuine Syrian passports for $100.
100% genuine- same legal paper, ink, whatever else they use - ISIS controls the Syrian offices.

Besides, the so called refugees are not necessarily good people in a bad place. If not for ISIS, many of THEM would be attacking innocent people.
God forbid they ever see a video....
Old 11-16-2015, 03:57 PM   #287
Marshall Bennett

If it's true from what I heard on Fox news, (listens to background laughter from liberals in bleachers) individual states can decline admitting Syrian refugees. If that's the case, I'm glad I live in Texas. This has to be about the last state that would let any in. We have our own problems with garbage that nobody wants.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #288
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I don't think any are getting into this country that aren't 100% a known commodity.
What were the specific procedures they used to vet the people?
How many were rejected as a result of the process?
What checks and balances were used to verify the procedure was effective?
How much time was spent on each person?
What training did the "veter's have to do this task 100% accurately?
How many people did the vetting?
Where the people on the Syrian side providing the information vetted as well?
By what process?

If a sample of 1,000 refugees was selected and their vetting subjected to close scrutiny, do you still think 100% would pass?

Would you allow a random sample of 50 be located in your neighborhood with no further scrutiny?
Old 11-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #289
lamboguy

i have just heard that the state of massachusetts is refusing the refugee's. we are going to be subject to a fine. but in this case paying the fine will be worth it.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #290
Clocker

A great number of Vietnam refugees that came into the US worked for us over there, and they and their families faced certain death if caught by the North Vietnamese. We had a moral obligation to protect them.

The humanitarian thing to do with the Syrians is to resettle then in the middle east and take care of them there until they can return to their country.

ISIS already claimed that it embedded 4000 fighters about the last wave of refugees that hit Europe. Odds are they had better documents than the people that actually fled the country. The idea that they can be properly vetted is insane.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:24 PM   #291
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i have just heard that the state of massachusetts is refusing the refugee's. we are going to be subject to a fine. but in this case paying the fine will be worth it.
If Massachusetts is refusing them, I can't think of any states that are going to want them. But it's critical that all states refuse. If one state accepts them, it's very easy for them to relocate to NY, LA, Chicago etc..

You can be sure Obama's next move is going to be to offer bribes to some states to take them or he's going to use legal (or most likely borderline illegal) means to force them. He's THAT much of a scumbag.

I don't believe in the anti-Christ, but the evidence is starting to grow. I may have no choice but to accept it as fact. If it wasn't for George Soros, I'd be pretty sure it was Obama. But George is 3/5 on my odds line. Obama must just be some kind of demon seed.

Seriously, I'm going crazy over this. I lost a friend and acquaintance in 9-11. I was downtown on Wall St. when the towers went down and had rubble and smoke raining down on me as I tried to flee the area. My girlfriend was in the towers when they got bombed in 93. She had to walk down 90 flights and her face was full of soot by the time she made it. I'm sick of this shit already.

I don't find it hard to believe Obama thinks this is a good idea. His world view is borderline insane and criminal. I'm 56 and hate someone for the very first time in my life. I didn't understand that emotion until now.

But I find it hard to believe we are getting any resistance at all from rank and file people. No matter how hard core your loyalty to party and no matter how much that blinds you in most situations, to not see that this opens you, your family, and friends to greater risk for no real good is simply nuts.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-16-2015 at 04:37 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2015, 04:30 PM   #292
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
Tip of the iceberg.
Quote:
Michigan and Alabama were the first states in the country to refuse relocating Syrian refugees on Sunday, and they have now been joined by Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Indiana, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, Arizona, North Carolina, Florida, Wisconsin, Mississippi and New Hampshire, some of which say more information is needed before accepting more refugees.

However, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said refugee status gives individuals both legal status in the U.S. and freedom to move from state to state, making it unclear that the states refusing to take in Syrian refugees could in fact reject them.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/states-refu...ry?id=35231800

States may not be able to allow refugees to move into the state, but they can certain refuse to help the process. And can probably tie it up in court.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #293
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Man, you are off your rocker. Sorry. No other explanation after the Vietnam comparison.
Someone tell these Vietnamese to get back on their rockers..

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2603c...s-fleeing-boat
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #294
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan

I'm going out on a limb and guessing his objection to the comparison stems from the potential threat factor in each case.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #295
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan

woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2015, 05:29 PM   #296
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Some more conservative members here like to rail against RINOs. But take this issue - there isn't a RINO in the country supporting this idiotic policy. A RINO is always better than a Dem.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2015, 05:32 PM   #297
newtothegame

Rarely, am I so hard lined, about any one single topic.
I had this same conversation with a few co-workers the last few days. They asked, "what would I do". It was a bit scary in hindsight but, without hesitation I said the same as a few others in the initial part of this thread.
TOTAL ERADICATION.
My co-workers response was that you can't win a holy war......
I agreed that we cant win as long as we continue to pussy foot around and try to have world appeasement and be politically correct. War is hell!!! We need to bring hell to wherever they are!!!
You know that the Japanese were not ready to accept unconditional surrender until we eliminated TWO cities and tens of thousands of their people.
As long as we have rules of engagement, cant shoot at religious sites, etc etc, we will NEVER win this. They use our rules against us!
Guided munitions cost too much! I say we go back and indiscriminately start laying waste until they quit! Of course we can still use "smart" bombs to ensure we get the ones we want as well but there is a reason Israel kills entire bloodlines. So they cant come back!!!
And now we offer refuge to them?????? Just heard on the news Louisiana is refusing as well. Thank goodness but as another poster said, it doesn't matter if another state agrees. ALL states need to wake the F*&^$ up and refuse.
Trump mentioned something about closing some mosques.....I say close them ALL! Until we can figure out who is who and what is what, close them ALL!
This is not some random nut job.....this is an ideology that needs to be eradicated at all cost!!! Eradicate it or be the next Paris.......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2015, 05:38 PM   #298
woodtoo

Five wealthiest Muslim States refuse to accept a SINGLE Syrian refugee
due to terrorism threat.

What does that tell you. Religion of pieces, indeed.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #299
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
TOTAL ERADICATION.
Yeah, it sounds good. I just don't understand the logistics of how you do it in a non-war. If, by complete eradication, you mean all muslims, well that's not going to happen. Not all muslims are young arabic men with goofy hair and a rocket launcher on the back of an El Camino. They are old women, little children, your neighbors, the guy that installed dish network, Mike Tyson, etc. If you mean all "terrorists", you have to identify them, all of them, then kill all of their families too, especially the kids, if you are serious about getting the job done. Something tells me that while the plan has an outside chance of providing baby aspirin style temporary relief if you could possibly see it through (which lets be honest we can not and will not), we'd have indiscriminately killed so many civilians in other countries with only the flimsiest of explanations designating them as terrorists in many cases to protect our own secrets or risk divulging our intelligence techniques that we'd probably be at real war with everyone. In either case, someone decides we're as sadistic and haphazard in our quest for justice as they are and calls for our total eradication.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2015, 05:49 PM   #300
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Tip of the iceberg. http://abcnews.go.com/US/states-refu...ry?id=35231800

States may not be able to allow refugees to move into the state, but they can certain refuse to help the process. And can probably tie it up in court.
That list is growing by the minute, shooting for 50.

Trump would not allow 1.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: