Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-15-2015, 01:56 AM   #166
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
If this was previously covered, apologies. What happened in Paris is a tragedy. ISIS needs to be dealt with severely no question. But why are we more concerned with overseas terrorism than American terrorism? Just a few years ago some idiot walked into a kindergartner classroom and killed 20 little kids. A despicable act. Since then we've done nothing about gun control or mental health. Incidents like this keep happening here and for a few days everyone's angry and the issue goes away until it happens again. People are calling for nuking ISIS. Boots on the ground. In the meantime here, same old same old. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. I find it sickening.
spot on. spend a trillion on Muslim terrorists, do nothing here on American terrorism.

I used to work with a South African guy back in 2004, he always told me how Americans were brainwashed whenever we talked about the Iraq invasion. It took me a few years before I got it.

today i see it so clearly. Watch a NFL football game, military commercial every 30 minutes. There's a military presence on every mainstream news channel all day long. toy guns, war like video games. and we Americans have the most war, shoot em up action movies.

anyway somehow your post trigger this thought.

Last edited by ebcorde; 11-15-2015 at 02:02 AM.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 01:59 AM   #167
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
after reading this whole thread just now i want to say i'm blown away how some people view things.. guess that what makes the world go round i guess
this incident is another threat to our freedoms and liberty that we take for granted.

when it all boils down to it, the blame doesn't really lie on the leaders throughout the world, it is strictly on our shoulders, the common people for burying our heads in the sands and letting this go on and just plain hoping that it doesn't hit us directly.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 06:17 AM   #168
Dark Horse

Individuals can learn, although not many do, but mankind never will. What we know as peace is a strange mixture of shock at the previous war and buildup for the next.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 06:32 AM   #169
Marshall Bennett

Last post I'll do on the subject. Shame on the French government for not protecting it's people better. This was a carefully orchestrated broad attack, pulled off during the highest terror alert level there, and only a year after a similar attack. It's no wonder ISIS is picking on France.
Myself, I'd a whole lot rather vacation in Syria than France these days. At least there you can see the danger coming.
Shame on Obama as well for allowing ISIS to flourish and be a threat everywhere in the world during his presidency. For releasing detained terrorist killers to return to the enemy front line. For becoming a friend and asset of the enemy. He's a disgrace for what our country stands for.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 07:07 AM   #170
reckless
Veteran

Islamo terrorism needs to be fully, completely, totally and emphatically eradicated -- starting right now.

The days of ignoring this Muslim problem are over. Politically scared politicians and cowardly citizens world wide need to move aside; the Paris attacks were a declaration of war against all freedom loving societies everywhere.

If it takes a Marine Le Pen, or Donald Trump or Ted Cruz or Vlad Putin or even a Lindsay Graham to get this job done, then so be it.

We should also never forget: the enemy of our enemy is still our enemy!
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #171
ebcorde
Veteran

oooh like they never learn.

Charlie Hebdo mocks the drowned Syrian toddler Aylan Kurdi sept 15 2015

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=874_1442322631
Old 11-15-2015, 09:28 AM   #172
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Step #1 - no refugees from any ME country should be allowed in any country.
Those already in out countries need to be contained immediately.

Follow the lead of France and ignore our Denier N Chief.
We have got to fix stupid.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #173
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Step #1 - no refugees from any ME country should be allowed in any country.
Those already in out countries need to be contained immediately.

Follow the lead of France and ignore our Denier N Chief.
We have got to fix stupid.
GEEZ I SAID THAT IN 2002. INSTEAD OF FEELING ME UP AT AN AIRPORT, DON'T LET THEM IN
Old 11-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #174
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Shame on the French government for not protecting it's people better.
That is easier said than done.
I understand the terrorists made their plans in Belgium, and carried them out in Paris.
With millions of Muslims in French streets every day, how is it possible to keep eyes on all of them?
What's more, they are brainwashing their children with their sick Jihadi ideas, so millions more may be coming down the track.
France's Intelligence Service is considered one of the best in the world.
They can only do so much.

If there really are moderate Muslims out there, they are the ones who have to step up to the plate and report these terrorists before they strike.
So far I haven't seen or read of any evidence that moderate Muslims are willing to do that.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #175
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Islamo terrorism needs to be fully, completely, totally and emphatically eradicated -- starting right now.

The days of ignoring this Muslim problem are over. Politically scared politicians and cowardly citizens world wide need to move aside; the Paris attacks were a declaration of war against all freedom loving societies everywhere.

If it takes a Marine Le Pen, or Donald Trump or Ted Cruz or Vlad Putin or even a Lindsay Graham to get this job done, then so be it.

We should also never forget: the enemy of our enemy is still our enemy!

To whom has ISIS been selling it's oil to? Before you ruin the economy again can you at least find that out and kill them first. and never speak of the debt again.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #176
lamboguy

the world should all step aside and instead of tying the hands of the Israel's, just give them the green light to take care of business. and i promise they will get the job done.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #177
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
That is easier said than done.
France's Intelligence Service is considered one of the best in the world.
They can only do so much.

If there really are moderate Muslims out there, they are the ones who have to step up to the plate and report these terrorists before they strike.
So far I haven't seen or read of any evidence that moderate Muslims are willing to do that.
You're about to. If Mike permits me, I am quoting from an extensive article in the National Post today about intelligence differences. In addition, I suspect that it is also linked to the traditional French air of superiority over its minority Muslim, citizen population.

"Recall, for instance, what became obvious within less than 24 hours of the recent destruction of the Russian airline over the Sinai: British intelligence services clearly had some advance knowledge of an ISIL plot to commit such a terrorist act. The comments by David Cameron, the swift suspension of regular flights and evacuation of British nationals — the U.K. wasn’t waiting for the air crash investigation to conclude before acting.

I’m currently in London, and recently met with an old colleague, now a high-level official in the heart of Britain’s intelligence organizations. He told me shortly before the Paris attack, “The general idea of how much danger we are in is well-placed, and, in fact, our fears are usually under-estimated. More than 90 per cent of our time and resources are now devoted to Islamist threats, with the Irish desk — once so busy — largely neglected. But what I can also say, and what may surprise people, is the sheer expertise of British intelligence and the extent and network of agents and analysts is superlative. Much as we might resent the Americans, their standards are equally impressive, if part of a different approach. But while we receive help from both Israel and Jordan, which is crucial of course, the Europeans are politically and professionally in a far lower league, and that’s very worrying indeed.”

The reasons for Europe’s intelligence and internal security struggles are many. In countries such as Sweden and Norway there is a refusal to even admit there is a problem, but in France the challenges are more cultural. “The French have always regarded their North African Muslim immigrants as part of ‘the other,’ while Britain’s approach to immigration has a radically different foundation. It’s why so few of the enormous Irish diaspora in England actively supported the IRA. While there are genuine problems in some working-class Muslim areas and support for and even participation in terrorism exists, there is a large and growing support for what is seen as a tolerant and protective state. The balance is delicate but vital.”

That was before Paris. After the attack, we spoke again, "The French closed their borders after the attack. but the borders should have been tightened hours earlier. The enemy in this case is indifferent to capture and in a way welcomes it. Prevention is the issue. Terrorism may appear indiscriminate, but in a way, that’s the last thing it is. Locations, soft spots, streets and places — this all involves local knowledge, even if not local people. It’s difficult to believe that none of this was picked up by agents or electronically...

This shouldn’t be confused with secularism; some of what I was told proved that the leading opponents of radicalism were often deeply religious Muslims. But the Muslim community in Britain is working with their country’s security agencies closely, and that’s simply not as true on the continent. Without being specific, it is quite clear that the various regional languages and local dialects used by potential terrorists in Britain simply could not be followed and translated by even the most skilled non-Muslim linguist. The obvious conclusion is that British Muslims from the same towns, even villages, are working for the government. Various arrests that have taken place in the past two years have shown the most incisive intelligence work and also demonstrated an early intervention that cannot be accidental. There is also a high number of Muslim police officers in the U.K., some of them in senior positions (though, it must be admitted, relatively few in the armed forces)."
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #178
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
But the Muslim community in Britain is working with their country’s security agencies closely, and that’s simply not as true on the continent.
That's good to hear for England, but moderate Muslims should have raced to help French authorities after Charlie Hebdo. Why hasn't that happened?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #179
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
To whom has ISIS been selling it's oil to? Before you ruin the economy again can you at least find that out and kill them first. and never speak of the debt again.
I don't know who ISIS sells oil to, and even if I did you are still ignoring the real problem -- Islamic terrorism.

Now, if you mean oil that comes out of Iran, I would have been perfectly happy if the USA took their fair share of that oil in payment for lost blood and treasure from previous engagements. But, short thinkers would have called America imperialists, and the criminal UN would have tried to bring sanctions against this country. Now, on that UN issue, I would have loved a real fight there too, in case you are wondering.

Now since you somehow mentioned 'the debt', I assume you mean the US trillion dollar debt we currently have. And, if you were implying that since you obviously didn't mention it specifically, you mean the cost of waging war against ISIS and other Muslim terrorists, you are still ignoring the real problem -- Islamic terrorism.

It is in the US Constitution that the government defend the citizens of this country, so paying to do battle against sworn and aggressive enemies such as ISIS, it's an expense well worth taking.

Thanks for posting ebcorde.... just try to clear it up a bit, OK?
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #180
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
That's good to hear for England, but moderate Muslims should have raced to help French authorities after Charlie Hebdo. Why hasn't that happened?
My take on that is that France has always acted like their Muslim based citizens, who arrived originally in the 1940s to do the work that French citizens couldn't (because of their war efforts... on whatever side ), where not at all, part of "Nous".

ANY reading of French history shows the valiant bravery and strength shown in fighting monarchical tyranny through its "Liberte, Equalite, Fraternite" call to arms.

It also shows the worst components of cultural & national superiority, combined with Gallic shrug and racial superiority to compel these brown skinned, French citizens into huge housing ghettos, surrounding the major cities. Citizens yes, but second or tertiary ones at that, as in "Algerians of French background."

I suspect that England, because of its waves of immigration from the West Indies and India, to name just two, since the 1960s, have not been as openly opposed to some of their newest citizens as the French.

All of this toxic water has now, unfortunately and irrevocably, gone under the bridge and long gone out to the seas!
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply