Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-27-2023, 11:29 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This is a weird story of vandalism...

Seems these kids really had it out for this guy....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/michig...k-13-year-olds
Old 01-27-2023, 08:11 PM   #2
chrisl

You sure would think that the parents would be on the hook. OOOPS excuse me. What parents.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 08:33 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

It seems kids are aware these days what they can get away with because of age, and they take advantage. Like with adult crimes there are areas really soft on juvenile crimes. My POS nephew experienced the juvenile system in Idaho, they even have solitary for kids. Whether it works or not, I am all for it. At least they are off the street, not breathing free air and committing crimes.

I see crime differently than most, I think what could have happened should matter, not what did happen. Some people cannot be reformed and with many it should be obvious even at a young age.

Hope this guy gets enough go fund me or whatever to continue on. Most people don't deserve that help, he does.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 08:45 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
You sure would think that the parents would be on the hook. OOOPS excuse me. What parents.

I don't get it these days, if I would have been caught vandalizing someone's property as a young teenager, I would be working off the debt to the person I victimized, that is if I survived the beating I got. All my friends would have been in the same boat. We would have been that guy's slaves until we cleared the debt or turned 18.

Now a days you hear this crap about a brain not being fully developed till 21-25 and until then people can have "impulse control." A lot of people believe there is no such thing as a bad kid and don't hold them responsible.

The fear of a good ass whipping used to control a lot of my impulses. Also all the neighborhood parents stuck together, and would get to the bottom of incidents, like "Who rode their bike through Mrs Wilson's flower bed?"
Old 01-27-2023, 08:55 PM   #5
chrisl

I blew up a mailbox with a M-80 when I was around 12. The beaten and splitting and stacking firewood for people who's mailbox it was. Learned my lesson for a little while, anyway LOL.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2023, 07:58 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I blew up a mailbox with a M-80 when I was around 12. The beaten and splitting and stacking firewood for people who's mailbox it was. Learned my lesson for a little while, anyway LOL.

I had some friends that decided to start stealing tire stem caps, glad I wasn't a part of that one. The punishment was a car detail for the victims. It was like a game who could get the most in a set period of time, day light hours only. It was summer and I was 12, I was lucky I had a summer job when they were being stupid. My friend and I made $1 an hour, 12 hours a day cleaning up construction sites, the other guys ended up washing cars all summer, on the house.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:03 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:

We accidentally set a a vacant lot on fire with some illegal fireworks when I was 13. We tried putting it out, but failed. We went and hid in a storm drain for hours till the fire department did their job and the police left. Got away with that one or I probably would not be alive to tell the story.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:55 PM   #8
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
It seems kids are aware these days what they can get away with because of age, and they take advantage. Like with adult crimes there are areas really soft on juvenile crimes. My POS nephew experienced the juvenile system in Idaho, they even have solitary for kids. Whether it works or not, I am all for it. At least they are off the street, not breathing free air and committing crimes.

I see crime differently than most, I think what could have happened should matter, not what did happen. Some people cannot be reformed and with many it should be obvious even at a young age.

Hope this guy gets enough go fund me or whatever to continue on. Most people don't deserve that help, he does.
I know that you've mentioned your nephew several times before, and I am wondering; why did your nephew go so astray at such a young age? Kids aren't born "evil", IMO...what was the driving force which led your nephew to a life of crime that "cannot be reformed"?

Last edited by thaskalos; 01-28-2023 at 08:59 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2023, 09:19 PM   #9
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I had some friends that decided to start stealing tire stem caps, glad I wasn't a part of that one. The punishment was a car detail for the victims. It was like a game who could get the most in a set period of time, day light hours only. It was summer and I was 12, I was lucky I had a summer job when they were being stupid. My friend and I made $1 an hour, 12 hours a day cleaning up construction sites, the other guys ended up washing cars all summer, on the house.
Summer job when you were only 12? That is child abuse and is not ALLOWED TODAY (the government needs to protect youth from child slavery)
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2023, 09:43 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Summer job when you were only 12? That is child abuse and is not ALLOWED TODAY (the government needs to protect youth from child slavery)

That was 50 years ago, $1 hr + sodas and meals was good money, child slavery was the 25 cents an hour my dad paid for chores above what I did for an allowance. You could image all the OSHA violations today.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 01-28-2023 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2023, 10:11 PM   #11
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I know that you've mentioned your nephew several times before, and I am wondering; why did your nephew go so astray at such a young age? Kids aren't born "evil", IMO...what was the driving force which led your nephew to a life of crime that "cannot be reformed"?

I think his evil did not start manifesting itself till adolescent hormone changes kicked in. At 12 he was a straight A student and very ambitious, by 14 he was a sociopath/psychopath, drug addict, thief, and no respect for anyone who he had no psychical fear of. He was very manipulative and would make up lies to play people against each other. At 14 he had a probation officer and came to live with me for a couple stints till he till he turned 18 and got 8 years in the state pen for trying to strangle his girlfriend.

His mother became a single parent when he was 8 and he had two other siblings, a younger brother and older sister. They did not turn out to be Rhode Scholars, but nothing like him. The only knock I had on my sister was she wasn't much for discipline, claiming it was because of witnessing the abuse my dad did to me.

I think, as I have heard he had a severe mental illness, that manifested itself at puberty, then he fried his brain using drugs. If you knew Noah at 12 and under you would swear the 14 year old version was an imposter. He got all kinds of meds and counseling, which is experimentation and nothing worked.

He would always get in trouble when I let him go home to take a vacation.
The last time I just flat threw him out when he was 18, and he quickly found his way to jail. I found a couple hand tools of mine that could be used to bludgeon someone hidden in his room.

Another issue was there is no psychiatrist that would properly diagnose him
due to his condition being incurable.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: