Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-23-2023, 05:12 PM   #16
Bustin Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
And I thought you were a little more smarter than all that.

DeSantis has NO SHOT against Trump and only if Trump drops dead and truly cannot run, that's the only way DeSantis jumps to head of the class.

But wait, even if that happens, then the GOP establishment will rally against him, too, maybe not as virulent as they went against Trump, but the GOP establishment simply will not support a populist.

Now since you're a numbers guy, this poll was conducted 5 days ago. Trump has a huge lead over DeSantis and he also leads over all of those polled combined!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ew-poll-finds/

Have people christened DeSantis a populist? If so, it must be pretty easy to throw that term around these days.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2023, 05:13 PM   #17
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
Trump did not fracture the Republican Party, he exposed them.
Exactly correct, no globalist will be able to win a primary for the Republican Party. Establishment types with RINO blood will be hunted when it is time to run again making elections very hard.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2023, 08:08 PM   #18
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
learn to read the political room

zero shot?

you're in dreamland

That poll you cite is the first poll I've seen that puts Trump ahead by a significant margin...all other polls prior had DeSantis ahead or not very far behind.

So the poll you cite is probably an outlier and one of those "highly accurate" media polls we've all seen in recent years that gets it completely wrong (in the end) "by accident"

I have every reason to believe that polls will attempt to put Trump on top of Republicans...that's WHAT THEY WANT...reality is a different story, as has proven the case time and time again when it comes to "polls" over the last 5-10 years
Just save these posts, Mike. It seems people on here are the ones in dream land.

Trump is the greatest vote getter in the history of the Republican Party. You deny that? No one would have even heard of Ron DeSantis if it wasn't for Trump.

You, of all people, should know better. In 2015-2016 people said Trump could not win. No need to go over the details. We remember them all.

And what they are saying NOW is the exact same thing!! They give the same stupid reasons given in 2016 -- people 'hate' him; 'women' hate him; he's destroying the GOP; he's 'mean' ... all stupid reasons in 2016 and even dumber reasons in 2024.

Do you also deny his tremendous success as President? Despite the Democrats, corrupt FBI/DOJ, crooked and incompetent Republican establishment, Trump still was the POTUS of the greatest most successful 4 years in US presidential history.

DeSantis has been a great governor but there is no reason to believe he can win a National campaign. None.

The money behind DeSantis is Ken Griffin of Citadel Capital. He's a "Republican" but he's also an America Last globalist and open borders guy first and foremost. This association will not help DeSantis. The last guy Ken Griffin backed against Trump was Scott Walker of Wisconsin. How did that turn out? So much for Ken Griffin's money and advice.

Mark my words: I repeat DeSantis has NO SHOT to defeat Trump in any GOP primary -- especially in Florida.

Last edited by myohmyjustify; 01-23-2023 at 08:10 PM.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2023, 09:33 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You, of all people, should know better. In 2015-2016 people said Trump could not win. No need to go over the details. We remember them all.
You're right "me of all people," cause I was one of the very few on here saying Trump was the ONLY person who COULD beat Hillary, Whether or not I wavered back and forth on whether he would actually win, I was constant in saying he was the only Republican candidate who could defeat her...and he did.

And btw, Trump couldn't beat a dementia-riddled piece of shit lifer politician whom even Barack Obama had to be goaded into showing support for.

Imagine not being able to beat THAT!

A lot has changed since 2016....A LOT

Trump has ZERO chance at winning POTUS in 2024...and only slightly better chance of getting the nomination.

He never should have said he was going to run. Big mistake.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-23-2023 at 09:34 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2023, 09:50 PM   #20
myohmyjustify

Quote:
You're right "me of all people," cause I was one of the very few on here saying Trump was the ONLY person who COULD beat Hillary, Whether or not I wavered back and forth on whether he would actually win, I was constant in saying he was the only Republican candidate who could defeat her...and he did.

And btw, Trump couldn't beat a dementia-riddled piece of shit lifer politician whom even Barack Obama had to be goaded into showing support for.

Trump has ZERO chance at winning POTUS in 2024...and only slightly better chance of getting the nomination.

Time will tell. Not a big deal, but you were not the only one to say Trump will beat Hillary in 2016. Not even the first person. I read a lot of the old threads and posts of 2015-16 on here a month or so ago when someone else said that Trump cannot win in 2024. You were somewhat late to the that game, actually, but that's OK.

No big deal on all counts. That's what makes for interesting talk.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:45 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Not a big deal, but you were not the only one to say Trump will beat Hillary in 2016.
Never said I was...it's like people don't read before they reply.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:51 PM   #22
davew

Quote:

it was COVID and the media lies that beat Trump ... more people have learned since then to be 'skeptical'.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2023, 11:13 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
it was COVID and the media lies that beat Trump ... more people have learned since then to be 'skeptical'.
Trump succumbed to all the bullshit about COVID from day 1...including the vaccines, which he LOVED the idea of, because he thought it would make him a HERO if he got those vaccines out ASAP...

Now we know better (well, some of us).

Trump made some terrible moves as POTUS...he did NOT hire "the best people" as he loved to boast.

Mark Milley, I'm looking at you.

John Bolton, I'm definitely looking at you...very definition of DEEP STATE

Trump was a much better president then he is given credit for by those that control such things, but he also made some major blunders in judgement and decisions along the way that ultimately cost him everything.

Including any chance at reelection...ever...
Old 01-24-2023, 08:25 AM   #24
Bustin Stones

Quote:

Something else to consider: When Trump ran against Biden, it was POTUS known record against POTUS unknown record. This campaign will be 2 known POTUS records. Trump will be able to campaign strictly on comparing the 2 POTUS records. The idea that Biden should win because he won last time may be misleading.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2023, 08:53 AM   #25
Andy Asaro

Graham is a spy for the deep state just like McCain was IMO. Can't be trusted.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2023, 11:57 AM   #26
king kong

Democrats are real good at fixing,rigging and stealing elections any republican will be up against it.
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2023, 12:28 PM   #27
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
Democrats are real good at fixing,rigging and stealing elections any republican will be up against it.
So true. A Republican will never win the popular vote again and will be hard pressed to win the electoral vote, no matter how bad the Dem candidates.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2023, 05:19 PM   #28
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Graham is a spy for the deep state just like McCain was IMO. Can't be trusted.
When Trump was President he did nothing but hurt our President by doing nothing, that in turn hurt everyone leaving the door open for commies to operate and function inside our election system many times breaking states law ending up on election night looking like a bad joke.

Last edited by fast4522; 01-25-2023 at 05:21 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2023, 07:35 PM   #29
myohmyjustify

I am told by someone in GOP politics that Ron DeSantis will declare in March that he is running for President.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:24 PM   #30
xtb

Quote:
I am told by someone in GOP politics that Ron DeSantis will declare in March that he is running for President.
Won't he have to give up the governorship according to Fla. law?
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply