Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-26-2023, 09:54 PM   #31
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Won't he have to give up the governorship according to Fla. law?
And disappoint most of those who voted for him to take care of his own state? How would he explain his way out of that?

~
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2023, 10:24 PM   #32
myohmyjustify

By the time the 3rd-4th primary race is over and done with -- we're not counting the meaningless Iowa caucus clown show but after the left wing GOP of New Hampshire circus -- Trump will have thumped DeSantis few times ending the wet dreams of every Never Trumper on earth.

DeSantis will then return to Florida, endorse Trump, and point to 2028.

The neo cons and the America Last Wall Street crowd led by Paul Singer, et al, will have backed another loser.

It's that simple everyone.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2023, 10:29 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

except it's never that simple
Old 01-27-2023, 12:25 AM   #34
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
except it's never that simple
You are correct, the process will unfold as it will and people vote for what has been done in the process. What will unfold and the debates will go as they will. You, me, or anyone else knows nothing of what will be to the primary. Live in our time history will be made, if any of us does not like it then it is cool beans period.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2023, 12:12 AM   #35
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
By the time the 3rd-4th primary race is over and done with -- we're not counting the meaningless Iowa caucus clown show but after the left wing GOP of New Hampshire circus -- Trump will have thumped DeSantis few times ending the wet dreams of every Never Trumper on earth.

DeSantis will then return to Florida, endorse Trump, and point to 2028.

The neo cons and the America Last Wall Street crowd led by Paul Singer, et al, will have backed another loser.

It's that simple everyone.
I would not go as far as you but look for the process at what the Former President (45) is doing today. This is something I was looking for in the process as a plus for intentions.

Trump unveils refurbished personal plane amid 2024 murmurs

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ane-amid-2024/
Old 01-30-2023, 06:57 PM   #36
fast4522

Why does Lindsey Graham still support Trump?

That question deserves another look. Lindsey Graham is likely st support World War III that is marching just around the corner. Trump getting elected in 2024 is likely to prevent it. It seems these things are at odds with each other.

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-plans-m...103700547.html

Last edited by fast4522; 01-30-2023 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:38 PM   #37
fast4522

Quote:
Just save these posts, Mike. It seems people on here are the ones in dream land.

Trump is the greatest vote getter in the history of the Republican Party. You deny that? No one would have even heard of Ron DeSantis if it wasn't for Trump.

You, of all people, should know better. In 2015-2016 people said Trump could not win. No need to go over the details. We remember them all.

And what they are saying NOW is the exact same thing!! They give the same stupid reasons given in 2016 -- people 'hate' him; 'women' hate him; he's destroying the GOP; he's 'mean' ... all stupid reasons in 2016 and even dumber reasons in 2024.

Do you also deny his tremendous success as President? Despite the Democrats, corrupt FBI/DOJ, crooked and incompetent Republican establishment, Trump still was the POTUS of the greatest most successful 4 years in US presidential history.

DeSantis has been a great governor but there is no reason to believe he can win a National campaign. None.

The money behind DeSantis is Ken Griffin of Citadel Capital. He's a "Republican" but he's also an America Last globalist and open borders guy first and foremost. This association will not help DeSantis. The last guy Ken Griffin backed against Trump was Scott Walker of Wisconsin. How did that turn out? So much for Ken Griffin's money and advice.

Mark my words: I repeat DeSantis has NO SHOT to defeat Trump in any GOP primary -- especially in Florida.
From Today and President Trump "‘The Real Ron is a RINO GLOBALIST’
', if that sticks then I would have to agree with you.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:31 PM   #38
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
From Today and President Trump "‘The Real Ron is a RINO GLOBALIST’', if that sticks then I would have to agree with you.
Serious people know what's up. It doesn't have to 'stick' because Trump said so.

Ron DeSantis is an establishment Republican backed by an America Last globalist named Ken Griffin and a few other hedge fund Wall Street hucksters.

DeSantis has been a terrific governor and isn't afraid of the media, unlike some of the other clowns itching to run against Trump: Nikki Haley, Mitt Romney, Tim Scott, Mike Pence and Chris Sununu.

But, DeSantis needs to be more than a one- or two-issue candidate. And, so far, the issues he's undertaken while very important are not national issues.

DeSantis has been dead quiet on the three MOST important issues facing America: the border, jobs and China.

DeSantis is supported by the same people who are at war against Americans on these three MOST important issues.
Old 02-01-2023, 05:00 PM   #39
fast4522

Quote:
Serious people know what's up. It doesn't have to 'stick' because Trump said so.

Ron DeSantis is an establishment Republican backed by an America Last globalist named Ken Griffin and a few other hedge fund Wall Street hucksters.

DeSantis has been a terrific governor and isn't afraid of the media, unlike some of the other clowns itching to run against Trump: Nikki Haley, Mitt Romney, Tim Scott, Mike Pence and Chris Sununu.

But, DeSantis needs to be more than a one- or two-issue candidate. And, so far, the issues he's undertaken while very important are not national issues.

DeSantis has been dead quiet on the three MOST important issues facing America: the border, jobs and China.

DeSantis is supported by the same people who are at war against Americans on these three MOST important issues.
It would be a lie if I said that I understood or know of DeSantis other than the Covid-19 differences in his state vs the extreme lockdowns in other states. Others itching to run are just putting themselves into position for being selected for Vice President as I suspect Nikki Haley and Chris Sununu might be doing. I tout the process as it renders hard results that some run away and suck their thumb when the result is not what they wanted, and making things worse they can be found with the other thumb up their ass come general election time. At least you shared your perspective when others did not.
Old 02-01-2023, 05:01 PM   #40
AndyC

https://www.flgov.com/2023/01/06/gov...-florida-keys/
Quote:

China: https://www.thecentersquare.com/flor...44adcbdd3.html

Border:https://www.flgov.com/2022/06/17/gov...border-crisis/

and https://www.flgov.com/2023/01/06/gov...-florida-keys/

Jobs: https://www.floridajobs.org/news-cen...in-the-country

Quiet? Actions speak louder than words.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:02 PM   #41
myohmyjustify

DeSantis is on "TV" as much as any politician around these days. I have not heard him once speak about the open borders issues. Sending illegals and migrants to NYC or Massachusetts are all fine and dandy, but he still hasn't taken an open stand against illegal immigration.

What you linked are state-centric, which is fine since he is the governor. He may speak louder than words to you but it means very little nationally if you are a blue collar worker who lost his job and all hope thanks to companies doing business in China. It means nothing if you lost a loved one who died from fentanyl.

DeSantis won't speak on a National scale on these issues because his moneyed benefactors are all for those same American Last issues that Trump is against.

When DeSantis was running for governor the mayor of San Juan said Pres. Trump did nothing about providing aid to Puerto Rico during the Hurricane Maria crisis.

DeSantis sided with the lying, silly, incompetent mayor against Trump.

Soon after this, our great President Trump provided photos of boatloads of water, medical aid, food, etc. that was sent to Puerto Rico. The mayor had lied about Trump and the cowardly DeSantis agreed with the lie.

DeSantis is a typical Republican who will prove he cannot be trusted when push comes to shove. He's already proven this to people who pay attention.

And like far too many other Republicans, DeSantis is owned lock, stock and barrel by the corporate interests, the globalists and those Wall Street bastards that put America Last and hate American workers and values. They want open borders, cheap labor and your retirement assets -- none of which are in the best interests of America.

None of which DeSantis has spoken out against. Why is that, do you think?
Old 02-01-2023, 09:02 PM   #42
AndyC

Quote:
........None of which DeSantis has spoken out against. Why is that, do you think?

DeSantis's job is to govern Florida and he is doing a damn fine job. To the extent a Federal issue has affected FLA he has aggressively addressed the issue. If he is so beholden to corporate money he sure wouldn't have dealt with Covid the way he has.

I get it, you don't like him.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:17 PM   #43
fast4522

Everyone is so beholden to money and none can get to a national level without it. Few can claim that they are a bigger supporter of President Donald J. Trump here on Pace Advantage than I. That being said I find it far better to be honest with myself who the contenders are and measure them for not being a worthless Rockefeller Republican that has RINO blood coursing in them. I do not know much of Ronald Dion DeSantis the Governor of Florida. I look to the process to do the vetting and render a known leader that has a chance. We can only thank those willing to participate in the process leading up to the primary election. At this point I think that I know the mood of the country has no place for a Rockefeller Republican to win on the national level and I am open to see what happens in real time like everyone else.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:23 AM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Does Tucker Carlson read PaceAdvantage off-topic?

He addresses this very thread's topic here in last night's show (cued up to exact spot where he starts talking about it):

Old 02-03-2023, 01:15 AM   #45
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
DeSantis's job is to govern Florida and he is doing a damn fine job. To the extent a Federal issue has affected FLA he has aggressively addressed the issue. If he is so beholden to corporate money he sure wouldn't have dealt with Covid the way he has.

I get it, you don't like him.
Glad to see your posting actively again in a Trump thread like you did before he was nominated and won the Presidency, so many from that thread are dead.