Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #181
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learned Hand35
"Worse, Lisa Underwood, executive director of the KHRC said the commission is considering a rule that would prohibit jockeys from being interviewed on television once they mount a horse for a race. Both Veitch and association steward Rick Leigh favor the ban."

This is the most damning part of the article. Instead of trying to protect the integrity of the game (if there is any), we are going to make a regulation that ensures less transparency for the regular customers and at the same time, ensure that another human interest angle that might appeal to the casual or potential fan is removed.

These clowns already practice an anachronistic business model that is ensuring the demise of a sport already on life support. But hey, if we don't like our lack of integrity being exposed, we just make sure we shut the "leaks" up.

Guess Hugo Chavez is running the Banana Republic known as the KHRC.
That is what I call the mushroom theory: keep you in the dark and feed you nothing but sh*t.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #182
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
From Life At Ten's owner...

http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/st...f-life-at-ten/

excerpt:
Candy DeBartolo:
"However, that doesn’t excuse the scenario that evolved prior to and after the race. It was made blatantly obvious to the millions of people watching the post parade that something was terribly amiss. The stewards were alerted by telephone to that fact by the ESPN production truck prior to the race. The stewards have direct radio contact with the veterinarians stationed at the starting gate. So why was our filly allowed to enter that starting gate?"

If you haven't read the entire article, you should...this is a good woman to come out and 'tell it like it is'...three cheers for her and her husband ...the article also has a link to a replay, and she wants folks to look at certain parts of the video...especially the part where LaT looks like her knees buckled...

Vietch should be brought up on some kind of charges for allowing this to happen...CD needs to be held responsible...and actually, IMO, so does Pletcher. This filly could have keeled over and died on the track...I mentioned her temperature, at the very least, should have been taken right there in the paddock...it was found to be over 103, with her white count off the charts...shame on all involved in this fiasco...shame

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #183
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Well, I, for one will boycott CD. Dick Schmidt once remarked that it you thought the races were fixed, you were a fool to keep betting them.
I do not have any doubt that racing is not on the up and up in KY. Letting LAT to race was a robbery.

They an stick the Derby as well - it is nothing more than a joke anyways - look at the recent winners.......garbage.

And, as long as they keep the current announcer, it will be very easy to stay away!

Screw Kentucky!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #184
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
I pretty much agree, Tom. CD is a for profit business...the shareholders are the main concern...I've read in the Bloodhorse magazine many times about CH buying this or that...spending money on stuff that dosn't even have anything to do with racing...all they care about is their bottom line.
They'll keep the Derby open to a 20 horse field, they don't give a $hit who wins the race...every horse in the gate is money in their pockets.

I'm with you, Tom... screw Kentucky!!

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #185
andymays
Veteran

Statement on behalf of Candy DeBartolo owner of Life At Ten

The following statement was sent to the Paulick Report by David Vance on behalf of Candy DeBartolo:

andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #186
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays

The following statement was sent to the Paulick Report by David Vance on behalf of Candy DeBartolo:

See post # 182.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #187
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays

Oh my, they pocketed $60,000 in entry fees, too.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #188
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
See post # 182.
My bad.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #189
RXB

I would like to know what Candy DeBartolo said to her trainer, Mr. Pletcher, about putting the horse on the track in the first place.

For what it's worth, I have seen four horses in my life that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt were physically incapable of getting around the racetrack. Only one got scratched. And interestingly enough, two of the others were strong favourites while the third that was allowed to run went off at 7/2. (None of the three finished the race. Two of them never ran again.)
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #190
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
Don't need to tell me anything can happen anytime...that's a no brainer!!

Right...no one knows where Barbaro's injury occured...in the gate, or on the track...so, I guess we are both entitled to our opinion on the subject. My opinion is that it sure could have been in the gate.
Actually, what you stated was "I think the conclusion is easily drawn." I simply offered up an alternate conclusion.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #191
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
I would like to know what Candy DeBartolo said to her trainer, Mr. Pletcher, about putting the horse on the track in the first place.

For what it's worth, I have seen four horses in my life that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt were physically incapable of getting around the racetrack. Only one got scratched. And interestingly enough, two of the others were strong favourites while the third that was allowed to run went off at 7/2. (None of the three finished the race. Two of them never ran again.)
John Veitch should be tested - if he believes that BS, he must be on drugs.
Wonder how much he sold his integrity for?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #192
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
when the physical condition of the "athletes" involved cannot be accurately determined pre-race?
Apparently, it can't be determined post-race, either.

We can put men on the moon, but we can't accurately test racehorses for performance enhancing drugs.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #193
JBmadera

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
Apparently, it can't be determined post-race, either.

We can put men on the moon, but we can't accurately test racehorses for performance enhancing drugs.
The issue is much bigger than just accurate testing.

-it is impossible to keep up with all the new PEDs
-the real science in this whole situation is in the masking agents

bottom line, as with ALL sports, PEDs aren't ever going.
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #194
Pace Cap'n

$60,000 entry fee---that says it all right there.
Pace Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #195
DJofSD
Screw PC

I wonder what LaT would have had to have shown the stewards before they would have scratched the horse?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: