Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 04-03-2023, 08:18 PM   #1
lefty359

Equinedge

Equinedge Anybody use it?
lefty359 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2023, 08:50 PM   #2
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Hey Lefty! I have never used Equinedge before, but I have seen Scotty's youtube videos a lot. I give he credit because he puts the product on display and makes some pretty big bets in real time! he also has a pretty big following of users that use his product. It's a web based program!

https://www.youtube.com/live/voliAbq-qw4?feature=share
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2023, 12:46 PM   #3
lefty359

Thanks, Speed.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:28 AM   #4
chrisl

There was a poster awhile ago that liked it.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2023, 10:07 AM   #5
Gilly6864

I use it and it is the best thing on the market in my opinion. Any questions please feel free to ask me.
Gilly6864 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2023, 10:44 PM   #6
lunger

I use it. Does a great job of pointing out playable longshots. Also great at pointing out value horses based on the win percentage.
lunger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2023, 07:43 AM   #7
pat

There customer service is excellent. Answers to any inquiries are almost immediate Scotty,Brad and Mike put everything into the product
pat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2023, 02:47 AM   #8
GASSTATIONSUSHI

EE has pace figures on FTS. Asked how they came up with these figures. all i got were crickets.
GASSTATIONSUSHI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2023, 11:58 AM   #9
lefty359

They aren't about to give away their formulas. Would you?
Old 04-26-2023, 01:13 PM   #10
biggestal99

EE an excellent product.

ML are great.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2023, 02:01 AM   #11
Partsnut
BetMix User

I believe that Scottie did a great job in presenting his product.
There's a tremendous amount of information on his site which answers all possible questions. Scott is the consummate gentleman. He has a great staff that will address any questions one might have.

The site in itself is very flexible and very easily navigated.
The concepts and metrics make complete sense.
However, one still has to use his head to predict and achieve a positive outcome. This tool was meticulously programmed and allows one to do this in an expeditious manner.

I think that Scottie's product is evolving and constantly improving. In my humble opinion, EquinEdge is a very formidable handicapping application. Who knows, it very well may becoming or is, the best thing out there. I will say that I think this product is worth a long hard look.
Old 05-04-2023, 02:37 AM   #12
acorn54

i agree with your evaluation partsnut. i have been using it for only a month. there is a long learning curve to use the information. some classifications of races, certain metrics are more influential and in other classification of races one has to use different metrics. there is no standard procedure to approach the handicapping of races with equiedge.
it is not for someone that is looking for a blackbox.
for someone that is going to dedicate alot of time to it i find it worth my time, and effort at becoming fluent in it's use.
i took a coaching class of equiedge and still i struggle with using the best metrics for each individual race that presents itself. the shelf life of the metrics remains to be seen, before they lose their effectiveness. as long as it is a continually evolving platform i think the shelf life should be awhile.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2023, 08:04 AM   #13
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
i agree with your evaluation partsnut. i have been using it for only a month. there is a long learning curve to use the information. some classifications of races, certain metrics are more influential and in other classification of races one has to use different metrics. there is no standard procedure to approach the handicapping of races with equiedge.
it is not for someone that is looking for a blackbox.
for someone that is going to dedicate alot of time to it i find it worth my time, and effort at becoming fluent in it's use.
i took a coaching class of equiedge and still i struggle with using the best metrics for each individual race that presents itself. the shelf life of the metrics remains to be seen, before they lose their effectiveness. as long as it is a continually evolving platform i think the shelf life should be awhile.

You make a valid point. At first glance and from what I can see, the metrics are indicative of specific race types and each type race has a different scenario.

I believe that the best way to learn how these race types and specific metrics play out is to back test the races and look for patterns . A perfect example of this would be races running on turf or first timers. Dirt sprints would be another. The information is well presented. All you have to do is learn to interpret and use it.

For me, It's a challenging and interesting way to handicap that is presented in a different and effective way to solve an individual puzzle (race). It is well worth the entertainment value and time spent which my be profitable as well.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:16 PM   #14
Stevecsd2

I like Equinedge. One of the issues I have is they only keep a week's worth of races data. When you want to do the kind of analysis you're talking about you have to do it as a "going forward" type of analysis. Meaning if you start on May 1st, you have to keep track of what you're looking for "manually", with your own stats. Because by May 8th, that May 1st data is gone.
Stevecsd2 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2023, 05:40 PM   #15
Partsnut
BetMix User

Hi Steve,

I believe if you present that issue to customer support they may consider what you need. I guess it all depends on what their resources will allow and
what they have planned for the future.

Being a new user of Equinedge, my focus is on learning and understanding the powerful metrics at hand and happily and much to my surprise,finding out how accurate they are and what they are capable of. From what I can see, this application will support anyone's preferred betting style.

The quality, accuracy and support is well beyond my expectations.
To say the least, I'm very pleased with the product.

The application is still evolving and I strongly feel it will get progressively better.