Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 07-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #1
how cliche
How Cliche

volatility and instability

this is a constructive criticism of how the world's economy is organized, narrowed down to its personal impact.

like many, i've contributed alongside my employers for decades into my family's 401k. over those decades there's a profitable result, as the ed jones folks advertised there would be during both the 2001 and 2008 recessions. the account lost a lot of value during those times, but rebounded well. now we're approaching our retirement years. how long until the next massive cliff dive?

the criticism i put forth is this. negative instability shouldn't be part of a foregone conclusion. there's a lot of brilliant economists. a segment of those should be working tirelessly to eliminate volatility. there must be a way to solve the periodic nosedives the economy takes. call me naive. mankind is capable of remarkable things. the elimination of economic instability feels attainable.

yours truly, soon to be retired.
how cliche is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
tbwinner

You should seek out a legitimate advisor and wealth planner rather than a market cheerleader that someone like Edward Jones has on payroll.

If I was in your situation, I'd be in at least 50% Muni /high grade bonds. But I'd have said the same thing last October and would have missed a lot of upward movement.

IF there is a crash, I'd think it'll be a Big one and not rebound like last spring/summer. Can you afford to work another 5-10 years to rebuild your retirement?
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2021, 08:33 PM   #3
davew

I predict a good dose of inflation from Biden regime printing of trillions and hardship for many. The stock market will probably keep going up quicker than inflation. There will be more volatility as big players buy and sell stocks and futures, making money on going up and going down. But this is just my opinion.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: