Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #1
Teach

Super Bowl LV: Prop bets, etc.

I was watching one of those “betting shows” this afternoon. They were talking about Super Bowl LV. One of the guests talked about making a first-half prop bet (he emphasized the second quarter) on the Chiefs. He said the Chiefs are a “second-quarter” team.

I did some research. In their 18 games, the Chiefs averaged a little less than six first quarter points (the Chiefs tend to be slow starters). In the second quarter, however,the Chiefs averaged 10.7 points. In the second quarter, the Chiefs have scored double-digits in half their games.

I saw that the first half O/U prop was 27.5 and that the Chiefs were – 2.5.
In addition, on another note, I watched the two Chiefs vs. LA Chargers games. I thought the Chargers gave the Chiefs as good a tussle as any of their NFL opponents. In the first game between the two teams, it took a 58-yard Harrison Butker field goal to win it in overtime, 23-20.

I thought the Chargers (Justin Herbert) experienced a lot of success throwing passes in the flat (receivers coming out of the backfield). The Chargers had some long catch-and-run plays. I thought that the Chiefs secondary showed it was vulnerable; it was, in all fairness, only the second game of the season. Both cornerback Rashad Fenton and free safety Juan Thornhill got beat. If Tom Brady can take advantage…?

I did notice that Patrick Mahomes did some serious running. Mahomes rushed for 54 yards on 6 carries. I doubt we’ll see him do that much running in the Super Bowl, then again.

In the second game between the Chiefs and Chargers, the Chargers won, 38-21. Patrick Mahomes did not play. In that game Chiefs safety, Armani Watts, got beat. Is the chiefs secondary more porous than we think it is? We’ll find out in a little over a week?

It goes without saying that the Bucs must stop not only Mahomes, but Tyreek Hill And Travis Kelce.

One final point, wide-receiver, special teams player Mecole Hardman is prone to fumbling punts. He fumbled against the Chargers. He also fumbled against the Bills.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: