Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-18-2018, 11:36 PM   #271
davew

muslim brotherhood, is that a terrorist organization?

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 06:19 AM   #272
woodtoo

Obamas fraternity but you forgot the criminal Pakistanis, the Awans.

Why aren't they under arrest for money laundering and theft of top secrets along with hacking of most Dem politicians.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 07:57 AM   #273
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Did Obama get an Oscar for his performance before the parents?
Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #274
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Did Obama get an Oscar for his performance before the parents?
Despite this ugly comment, I know you're a deeply religious man (), so I know you'll appreciate this excerpt regarding Obama's visit with Newtown parents written by Joshua Dubois, Obama's Director of Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships (the "Chief Pastor"):

It's just too bad Trump's response was so, so much less human.. I mean Oscar worthy. Maybe a Razzie, instead?

Quote:
The White House is not supposed to be a place for brokenness. Sheer, shattered, brokenness. But that’s what we experienced on the weekend of December 14, 2012.

I was sitting at my desk around midday on Friday the 14th when I saw the images flash on CNN: A school. A gunman. Children fleeing, crying.

It’s sad that we’ve grown so accustomed to these types of scenes that my first thought was I hope there are no deaths, just injuries. I thought, Maybe it’s your run-of-the-mill scare.

And then the news from Sandy Hook Elementary School, a small school in the tiny hamlet of Newtown, Connecticut, began pouring in. The public details were horrific enough: Twenty children murdered. Six staff. Parents searching a gymnasium for signs of their kids.

But the private facts we received in the White House from the FBI were even worse.
How the gunman treated the children like criminals, lining them up to shoot them down. How so many bullets penetrated them that many were left unrecognizable. How the killer went from one classroom to another and would have gone farther if his rifle would’ve let him.

That news began a weekend of prayer and numbness, which I awoke from on Saturday only to receive the word that the president would like me to accompany him to Newtown. He wanted to meet with the families of the victims and then offer words of comfort to the country at an interfaith memorial service.

I left early to help the advance team—the hardworking folks who handle logistics for every event—set things up, and I arrived at the local high school where the meetings and memorial service would take place. We prepared seven or eight classrooms for the families of the slain children and teachers, two or three families to a classroom, placing water and tissues and snacks in each one. Honestly, we didn’t know how to prepare; it was the best we could think of.

The families came in and gathered together, room by room. Many struggled to offer a weak smile when we whispered, “The president will be here soon.” A few were visibly angry—so understandable that it barely needs to be said—and were looking for someone, anyone, to blame. Mostly they sat in silence.

I went downstairs to greet President Obama when he arrived, and I provided an overview of the situation. “Two families per classroom . . . The first is . . . and their child was . . . The second is . . . and their child was . . . We’ll tell you the rest as you go.”

The president took a deep breath and steeled himself, and went into the first classroom. And what happened next I’ll never forget.

Person after person received an engulfing hug from our commander in chief. He’d say, “Tell me about your son. . . . Tell me about your daughter,” and then hold pictures of the lost beloved as their parents described favorite foods, television shows, and the sound of their laughter. For the younger siblings of those who had passed away—many of them two, three, or four years old, too young to understand it all—the president would grab them and toss them, laughing, up into the air, and then hand them a box of White House M&M’s, which were always kept close at hand. In each room, I saw his eyes water, but he did not break.

And then the entire scene would repeat—for hours. Over and over and over again, through well over a hundred relatives of the fallen, each one equally broken, wrecked by the loss. After each classroom, we would go back into those fluorescent hallways and walk through the names of the coming families, and then the president would dive back in, like a soldier returning to a tour of duty in a worthy but wearing war. We spent what felt like a lifetime in those classrooms, and every single person received the same tender treatment. The same hugs. The same looks, directly in their eyes. The same sincere offer of support and prayer.

The staff did the preparation work, but the comfort and healing were all on President Obama. I remember worrying about the toll it was taking on him. And of course, even a president’s comfort was woefully inadequate for these families in the face of this particularly unspeakable loss. But it became some small measure of love, on a weekend when evil reigned.

And the funny thing is—President Obama has never spoken about these meetings. Yes, he addressed the shooting in Newtown and gun violence in general in a subsequent speech, but he did not speak of those private gatherings. In fact, he was nearly silent on Air Force One as we rode back to Washington, and has said very little about his time with these families since. It must have been one of the defining moments of his presidency, quiet hours in solemn classrooms, extending as much healing as was in his power to extend. But he kept it to himself—never seeking to teach a lesson based on those mournful conversations, or opening them up to public view.

Jesus teaches us that some things—the holiest things, the most painful and important and cherished things—we are to do in secret. Not for public consumption and display, but as acts of service to others, and worship to God. For then, “your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you,” perhaps not now, but certainly in eternity. We learned many lessons in Newtown that day; this is one I’ve kept closely at heart.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #275
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Excerpt?
I don't think this word means what you think it means.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #276
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Excerpt? I don't think this word means what you think it means.
See? You've been spoiled by all the tweets.. much less work.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #277
Clocker

Quote:
See? You've been spoiled by all the tweets.. much less work.
Your pithy reposted tweets are what we live for.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #278
woodtoo

Younger brother Zachary Cruz who turns 18 next week was committed involuntarily to a mental facility on Friday.
@NYPost
Old 02-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #279
boxcar

Quote:
Despite this ugly comment, I know you're a deeply religious man (), so I know you'll appreciate this excerpt regarding Obama's visit with Newtown parents written by Joshua Dubois, Obama's Director of Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships (the "Chief Pastor"):

It's just too bad Trump's response was so, so much less human.. I mean Oscar worthy. Maybe a Razzie, instead?
The last paragraph in your "excerpt" spoken by our former Muslim-in-Chief says it all and actually lends strong support for my hypothesis . This is another ploy antichrist, antichristian Leftists love to foist on the public in emotional circumstances like these by seizing the opportunity to not only to wax religious but to wax Christian specifically, most especially by quoting Jesus. But invariably these fraudulent, deceptive, manipulative , opportunistic chameleons will betray their phony motives by choosing a text of scripture that was chosen for only its great sound byte appeal that will likely tickle undiscerning ears, since the text will always be quoted out of context, having little or nothing to do with the actual circumstances for which it is being applied. And they use the text because they know fully well that very few people will make the effort to check the context of scripture to see if the text actually applies to the context of the life situation at hand. And so it is with this one.

Obama's former "chief pastor" was immediately alluding to Mat 6:4 but the passage continues on to v. 18. In this passage Jesus gives three examples of "your acts of righteousness" (6:1). The first is charity to the needy. The second is prayer. And the third is fasting.

The last two have to do with religious acts directed to God. While the first one is a voluntary act of kindness to the needy. While I suppose it could be argued that consoling the grieving is an act of kindness, nonetheless it differs in nature in one significant respect from the acts of charity to the needy. The world is filled with needy people but the response of kindness to them by their fellow man is hardly universal; whereas the response to a grieving person due to personal loss is virtually universal. When we meet someone (even people we don't know and we learn of their loss -- even a distant one-- the automatic, universal response is, at minimum, to express our condolences or sympathies. But how often do any of us feel sympathy or empathy for the needy - even though they are all around us? How often do we go out of the way to make someone's life a little better because of their poverty? How many of us are willing to make real sacrifices for the welfare of the needy?

It's also important to understand in the context of this passage that Jesus was addressing Jews -- Israel at that time being the only covenant people (nation) of God on the planet. In fact, Jesus accentuates this point elsewhere in the Sermon on the Mount when he insulted the Jews by comparing them with Gentiles. And how he did this is by giving an example of another universal human experience -- Love (Mat 5:43-48). Just as love is a universal experience among mankind, likewise sympathy for those mourning the dead is also a universal experience. So...we should try to keep Obama's time spent in "secret" with mourners in perspective of this universal experience and response. It's not as though Obama did something unusual, something different, something sacrificial in nature, something over and above "the call of duty". So get this point: He did what any non-Christian would do, with the exception of course of the added photo op! (So why bring Jesus and the bible into this...to prove what exactly?) As the Matthew 5 passage asks, ..."what do you (Jews) do more than others? Do not even the Gentiles (non-believers) do the same".

Finally, don't you find it odd that Obama held these meetings in secret, yet the secret wasn't kept very well, was it? Apparently, Mr. Chief Pastor acted as Obama's mouthpiece. He did get the news out there, didn't he? Why would Mr. Humble Pie Obama have to toot his own horn when he had a willing "surrogate" do it on his behalf? Obama's "chief pastor" let the great secret out of the bottle for public consumption. And knowing the lamestream media who had a lovefest with Obama, this story was very likely in many publications and newscasts, etc.

As far as Trump is concerned, if you're brutally honest with yourself, we both know that if he had done anything that even remotely resembled Obama's showmanship, the lamestream media would have mercilessly lambasted Trump for cruelly manipulating the parents and exploiting a terrible tragedy. We both know this.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #280
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Younger brother Zachary Cruz who turns 18 next week was committed involuntarily to a mental facility on Friday.
@NYPost

Hope it's not this.......

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2277.jpg (8.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #281
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
(So why bring Jesus and the bible into this...to prove what exactly?) As the Matthew 5 passage asks, ..."what do you (Jews) do more than others? Do not even the Gentiles (non-believers) do the same".

Give it a rest! ...Will you! ... Jesus !

jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #282
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521 View Post
Give it a rest! ...Will you! ... Jesus !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA1sx-vyWVk&t=49s
Tell it to Fan Dan. He's the one that posted the article that had the Name in it that apparent riles you up so much. Take the issue up with him.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #283
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Hope it's not this.......
I believe it is as the article stated he was given an ultimatum where he was living "leave your guns at home son or you'll not be living here" not sure if it was the same gun.
Authorities certainly made some major errors with these 2 brothers, I hope a big lesson is learned and it is not all for naught. And I'm not talking about tougher gun laws except if it relates to access for the mentally unstable.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #284
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

One statistic we will never know is how many shootings have been stopped by getting to the potential shooter early on.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:06 PM   #285
woodtoo

Uh oh, this is the same School board as the Treyvon Martin case. If you recall in that case the school was adamant about keeping arrests down....well not really down but not reporting to the police to make everything look better.

There is a new article by Sundance at "The Last Refuge"

Sundance does real investigative work, seeking the truth through facts. Please check it out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: