Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #76
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Nobody said the numbers were created the same way. They are on the same scale, and hopefully represent the same level of performance. This was a big point of emphasis from the Timeform people, and we came away winning their trust.
So a 108 US can be accepted as equivalent to a 108 Euro? Wouldn't this be the same as saying a Beyer - 14 is the same as a timeForm Euro? Your pace projections and race ratings are interesting. Getting CJ's pace projections for a $1.50 is a steal.

Or that could be timeForm Euro - 14 = Beyer. It doesn't matter, the point is the same.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Last edited by Capper Al; 07-09-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #77
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
So a 108 US can be accepted as equivalent to a 108 Euro?
Yes, that is the goal and I think we've accomplished that, and so does Timeform.

I personally never thought the Beyer/Timeform adjustment was very good, it was too crude, but there were better ones if you put in the work.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #78
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Nobody said the numbers were created the same way. They are on the same scale, and hopefully represent the same level of performance. This was a big point of emphasis from the Timeform people, and we came away winning their trust.
This sucks for those who have grown comfortable with Pace Figures.In sabermetric terms it was like having Miguel Cabrera for the league minimum.Now having to formulate a whole new process is a bit daunting.However I'm sure this is very exciting for you and wish you the best of luck.I have no doubt with you making the figs it will grow into a top notch product.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #79
proximity

congratulations to cj (who really deserved the drf pace contract) on this move!!

as for what does he bring to the table vs bris?? (much, i'm sure) more accurate speed charts and variants for starters. the devil is often in the details.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #80
Maximillion

The pace projector (much like cj) is very straightforward and thoroughly explained on what it is designed to do.I would rather not wager thru TVG but if that is what is necesssary I would gladly pay it.

Last edited by Maximillion; 07-09-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #81
Storm Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
This is the short term solution for viewing all the horses in the race in a continuous way with easier scrolling.

The longer term solution will be an option with single scrolling within the PPs that will also give you a way to remove scratches or compare 2 horses one after the other.
Todays Parx race, I did do the print option to try and view each horses PP's! Guess what, they end after the 7 horse...the eventual winner and the 2X do not show on the screen when you click the print icon in Timeform screen nor when I do the click preview with windows!!!

Now when I did the Indiana race it filled up my screen full and all the horses came out, when I go to the Parx race, it was only half the screen and as I sail, left out some horses.

Last edited by Storm Cadet; 07-09-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Storm Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #82
Grits

Uh oh. This isn't good. Back to the drawing board, fellas.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #83
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
Todays Parx race, I did do the print option to try and view each horses PP's! Guess what, they end after the 7 horse...the eventual winner and the 2X do not show on the screen when you click the print icon in Timeform screen nor when I do the click preview with windows!!!

Now when I did the Indiana race it filled up my screen full and all the horses came out, when I go to the Parx race, it was only half the screen and as I sail, left out some horses.
Happened to me as i said earlier to alert them. Wasn't sure if it was just me though.
speed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #84
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Well, it is in Beta...there's a reason for that...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #85
Storm Cadet

Must be something small on their end, I'm sure they will get this thing worked out soon.

Overall I am very please with the product. Being a CJ Pace figs guy almost since 2003 or 04, I almost always did the Bris replace thing as I need all the info that is there! This solves almost all of what I need, as I'm sure we will be getting more of CJ's facets included into the Timeform program.
Storm Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #86
MarcAtTimeformUS

Known bug, fix can't be pushed into production until e-comm is done. Meaning, this weekend we'll push through some refinements. Thx for the patience.
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #87
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAtTimeformUS
Known bug, fix can't be pushed into production until e-comm is done. Meaning, this weekend we'll push through some refinements. Thx for the patience.
Heck, just give me a CSV export and I'll take care of all the other issues.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #88
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Heck, just give me a CSV export and I'll take care of all the other issues.
Have some patience, its early in the process.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #89
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Ahhhh, finally! That's what I was waiting for! Thanks for the hope CJ (hope that a CSV export or data file plan will be offered that is)!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 07-09-2013 at 11:35 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #90
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
This would be something of interest for me also. Speed figures aren't so hot with BRIS.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: