Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:45 PM   #721
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
They have attention spans that are as short as his.
But yet what does that say about the angry anti-Trumpers who have been consistently wrong about every opinion they've offered about the Election of 2016 and Donald Trump?

What is really amazing is that the anti-Trumpers who have been so patently ignorant for so long still continue to feed each others long discredited ego with posts more fitting for K-12 home room than for any serious political discourse.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:03 PM   #722
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
But yet what does that say about the angry anti-Trumpers who have been consistently wrong about every opinion they've offered about the Election of 2016 and Donald Trump?

What is really amazing is that the anti-Trumpers who have been so patently ignorant for so long still continue to feed each others long discredited ego with posts more fitting for K-12 home room than for any serious political discourse.
I love it. Anyone that criticizes or makes fun of Trump or Trumpsters is automatically an angry anti-Trumper. Just like anyone that criticized Obama was automatically a racist. Politics is not all or nothing for a rational person.

I am thankful for the Trumpsters. I think they fired up and got out enough additional votes to beat Hillary that a main-street GOP candidate would not have. If Jeb Bush was running, the Trumpsters would have probably stayed home.

But the Trumpsters do have short attention spans, or they would be marching on Washington protesting that 12 million illegals have not been deported and that the wall has not been built and that Chinese imports have not been shut down, and that no one in the administration seems to care.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:32 PM   #723
AltonKelsey
Veteran

How else should we talk to a fat slob with a bad haircut?

Tweet was quite appropriate, imo.

The age of ob·se·qui·ous ness, was the previous 8 years.

WordPower(c) brought to you free of charge
Old 01-05-2018, 12:08 AM   #724
OntheRail

Quote:
I love it. Anyone that criticizes or makes fun of Trump or Trumpsters is automatically an angry anti-Trumper. Just like anyone that criticized Obama was automatically a racist. Politics is not all or nothing for a rational person.

I am thankful for the Trumpsters. I think they fired up and got out enough additional votes to beat Hillary that a main-street GOP candidate would not have. If Jeb Bush was running, the Trumpsters would have probably stayed home.

But the Trumpsters do have short attention spans, or they would be marching on Washington protesting that 12 million illegals have not been deported and that the wall has not been built and that Chinese imports have not been shut down, and that no one in the administration seems to care.
Trumps supporters do not have short attention spans... nor are we expecting all things at once... especially with the swamp he's had to wade thru. Remember it's not all or nothing for rational people.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:15 AM   #725
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Trumps supporters do not have short attention spans... nor are we expecting all things at once... especially with the swamp he's had to wade thru. Remember it's not all or nothing for rational people.
I did not say that Trump supporters had short attention spans, I said that the "basket of deplorables" did.

Not all Trump supporters are Trumpsters. Trumpsters are those who believe that everything Trump says is right and any criticism of him is wrong.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:21 AM   #726
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Well he is quickly running out of time. The more controversial pillars of his campaign are highly unlikely to be passed during an election year. The wall (we're paying for it btw), NAFTA, tariffs, Iran deal, etc. and he already failed on Obamacare. After that it seems highly likely he will lose seats in Congress, which is normal, so... tick tock.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-05-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:32 AM   #727
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Well he is quickly running out of time.
Trump and the GOP are out of time. There is little or nothing big left that Trump can do with executive orders or that the GOP Congress can do to avoid a filibuster. Both parties are about to go into campaign mode, and neither will give an inch. Other than keeping the government funded and semi-functional and appointing more judges, I doubt anything major will happen this year.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #728
davew

He is losing his mind and using the same nicknames twice says Sloppy Michael Moore

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...151042160.html
Old 01-05-2018, 03:36 PM   #729
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
He is losing his mind and using the same nicknames twice says Sloppy Michael Moore

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...151042160.html
Better than Megyn "Bleedin' from somewhere" Kelly.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #730
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I doubt anything major will happen this year.
When it comes to congress, we call that A GOOD YEAR!
Old 01-05-2018, 04:17 PM   #731
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Well he is quickly running out of time. The more controversial pillars of his campaign are highly unlikely to be passed during an election year. The wall (we're paying for it btw), NAFTA, tariffs, Iran deal, etc. and he already failed on Obamacare. After that it seems highly likely he will lose seats in Congress, which is normal, so... tick tock.
Oh I get it Trump's successes have nothing to do with Trump but his 'failures' are all his fault. I know most of the free world haven't read as many books as you have but what is about knowing nothing yet being so sure of yourself?

'The Wall' should be paid for by US taxpayers. I've personally said so every time you people made an issue of it. Only an idiot would call this a Trump failure -- a US president securing the border of the country, as mandated by the US Constitution is something you call a failure --

ObamaCare died when the 2017 Tax Bill was passed by Congress and signed by Trump. It killed the individual and employee mandate -- that was the heart and soul of ObamaCare.

Common sense deniers may wish to delude themselves by the hour but yet again, your assessment is completely wrong. Trump killed ObamaCare, like it or not.

You forgot to mention TPP, leaving the Paris Climate Change Hustle, moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem... why is that? I guess they are failures too in your eyes, and you forgot to mention it.

NAFTA ... we'll get back to that at another time. As Iran.

Good luck getting thru another great Trump day... another record on Wall Street; jobs report... It must be tough living through all this greatness. Especially when you called everything wrong in November/December/January...
Old 01-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #732
woodtoo

Quote:
Trump and the GOP are out of time. There is little or nothing big left that Trump can do with executive orders or that the GOP Congress can do to avoid a filibuster. Both parties are about to go into campaign mode, and neither will give an inch. Other than keeping the government funded and semi-functional and appointing more judges, I doubt anything major will happen this year.
You may be looking in the wrong places. POTUS will be doing many yuge things yet this year and swamp draining may be the biggest and best for the American people.

This man does not stop, on weekends or ever.
You will win and win and you may tire of winning and say "No more I can't stand all this winning"
But we will keep on winning.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:41 PM   #733
davew

Quote:
and after the next election when the dimocrats win control over the House, they are going to impeach him

does that mean he will have to quit, or can he just finish his term like Bill Clinton
Old 01-05-2018, 07:47 PM   #734
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 01-05-2018, 07:48 PM   #735
FantasticDan
gelding

Closed Thread