Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Poll: Did You Have a Winning Year in 2015
Poll Options
Did You Have a Winning Year in 2015

Old 02-29-2016, 11:12 PM   #91
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
OK. When do we start. Do you want me to send a cashiers check?

Here's your chance to shut me up once and for all.

10% extra on all payoffs. Plus a 10% rebate.

You've talked a lot of BS smack for a long time. But never showed 1 ounce of accountability.

Well here it is.

I'm willing to send $20,000 up front tomorrow.

Let's see if you're man enough to do what you have offered.
Does this mean Dahoss has moved from 5 to 4?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2016, 01:56 AM   #92
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Does this mean Dahoss has moved from 5 to 4?
If EMD is serious about this offer I might be willing to marry DaHoss!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:21 AM   #93
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
Thats some straight fire there boys. EMD4ME you either in or out?
Shut this knucklehead up, EMD

Edit: not referring to you, Donttellmeshowme

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 03-01-2016 at 02:31 AM.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2016, 02:27 AM   #94
thaskalos

I offer to hold the money...unless you guys know where I live.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:34 AM   #95
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I offer to hold the money...unless you guys know where I live.
I have ZERO problem with you holding the money and doing the accounting if you'd like.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:41 AM   #96
thaskalos

Quote:
I have ZERO problem with you holding the money and doing the accounting if you'd like.
I'd love to see something like this...but I am convinced that it won't take place. EMD4ME said that he would be willing to book 99% of the people that he has met...and I am pretty sure that you are a part of the excluded 1%. After Derby Wars...your reputation precedes you.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #97
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I'd love to see something like this...but I am convinced that it won't take place. EMD4ME said that he would be willing to book 99% of the people that he has met...and I am pretty sure that you are a part of the excluded 1%. After Derby Wars...your reputation precedes you.
You're probably right. All he does is talk. Doubt he has the stones to put his $$ where his mouth is.

Last spring he agreed to play me in heads up matches on Derby Wars. Talked all the smack but didn't step up like a man.

The prospect of the matches just faded away.

Must have been too busy breaking the bank betting 2/5 shots that "can't lose" at the BIG A or taking $20,000 out of Portland and Sam Houston in 4 days.

My offer stands. All he has to do is beat me. Heck he can lay off the ones he expertly knows are dangerous.

My check is ready to send.

Or I'll be waiting at Derby Wars.

Any Track, Any Amount, Any Time.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #98
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
You're probably right. All he does is talk. Doubt he has the stones to put his $$ where his mouth is.

Last spring he agreed to play me in heads up matches on Derby Wars. Talked all the smack but didn't step up like a man.

Must have been too busy breaking the bank betting 2/5 shots that "can't lose" at the BIG A or taking $20,000 out of Portland and Sam Houston in 4 days.

My offer stands. All he has to do is beat me. Heck he can lay off the ones he expertly knows are dangerous.

Your not afraid to back up ur capping skills. I love it...
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #99
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

Harness racing and greyhound racing? Or just tbreds?
Old 03-01-2016, 11:56 AM   #100
castaway01

I think both Vic and EMDREFADRDFSDAF4ME act like clowns on this site and their main enjoyment in life is hearing themselves talk (not that I don't resemble that remark myself at times). With that said, Vic has won a bunch of those DerbyWars deals, including the one against members of this site. On top of that, EDERER4ME backed down when Vic offered to play him heads up. So, Vic has proven he's a great bettor, plus the other guy is a proven coward. It's a stakes horse against a $2500 claimer.

I'd much rather see Vic against Thaskalos. At least that might be interesting.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #101
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

You know what I'd like to see?.....THIS THREAD GET BACK ON TOPIC.

Someone post what you did differently in 2015, that made you a winner, or at least came close to breaking even.

Someone post what leak you discovered in your game, that you became aware of, and how you'll stop repeating that same mistake.

Someone post why you've FINALLY starting keeping records, what did you find?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #102
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
I think both Vic and EMDREFADRDFSDAF4ME act like clowns on this site and their main enjoyment in life is hearing themselves talk (not that I don't resemble that remark myself at times). With that said, Vic has won a bunch of those DerbyWars deals, including the one against members of this site. On top of that, EDERER4ME backed down when Vic offered to play him heads up. So, Vic has proven he's a great bettor, plus the other guy is a proven coward. It's a stakes horse against a $2500 claimer.

I'd much rather see Vic against Thaskalos. At least that might be interesting.
I wouldn't go as far to say that a person is a 'proven coward' for not getting into bed with a very unstable character on the Internet. If I challenged Steph Curry to a 3 pt shooting contest would he be a coward if he didn't accept the challenge ? Of course not.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #103
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall

Someone post what you did differently in 2015, that made you a winner, or at least came close to breaking even.

Someone post what leak you discovered in your game, that you became aware of, and how you'll stop repeating that same mistake.

I agree with you, I don't think I did well in 2015 I almost broke even, down about $300 not including cost of forms. I based more of more emphasis on software and numbers, I didn't look closely enough at trip notes and actually reading the form. I still did just not as in depth, I have gone back to that now and faring a little better. I depended to much on software and math. I am also looking more at trainer patterns and trying to find setup races.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2016, 01:36 PM   #104
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall

Fair enough. This wasn't last year (more like 1997), but what I learned from keeping records was that the tracks I liked best or had the best racing weren't the tracks that I necessarily did best at. It helped me learn that sometimes I might love watching racing from one track but for me it was best to stick to small bets or turf races or whatever I did do decently at (for each person it's going to be different) and keep my serious betting to the tracks I "understand".

I'm a trainer handicapper. I know, supertrainers, boo, hiss. What record keeping showed me was that in the 2000s, as everyone started looking at supertrainers and betting them hard, I couldn't make money straight win betting on anything but obscure trainer moves. At the same time, keeping good records showed me that for me, Pick 3, Pick 4, and Daily Double bets I could still turn a profit. YMMV. Everything we do has a high takeout, so you need to know where you have some advantage over the crowd (and when it's gone).

Common sense.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #105
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Lightweight.

Doh! Nothing worse than funds you can't bet with...