Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-22-2020, 02:16 PM   #16
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
If you find complaining productive, go for it.
Since you have no knowledge of what anyone here does behind the scenes in horse racing, or what actions they take for the betterment of the sport, the assumption on your part that anyone who weighs in on getting the drugs and cheating out of U.S. horseracing is "just complaining" is actually quite misinformed.

I understand you feel powerless about changing the status quo, and that is fine.

But please do not criticize others who lend their voices, their money, and/or their actions toward making this sport better, since cheating and drugs has become a reputation burden for many who depend on this industry, who care very much about the welfare of the horses and about the survival of the sport.

Your implication that talking about it is "complaining" is rather misplaced, esp. when it comes up in a topic for discussion.

Last edited by clicknow; 08-22-2020 at 02:18 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2020, 06:14 PM   #17
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Since you have no knowledge of what anyone here does behind the scenes in horse racing, or what actions they take for the betterment of the sport, the assumption on your part that anyone who weighs in on getting the drugs and cheating out of U.S. horseracing is "just complaining" is actually quite misinformed.

I understand you feel powerless about changing the status quo, and that is fine.

But please do not criticize others who lend their voices, their money, and/or their actions toward making this sport better, since cheating and drugs has become a reputation burden for many who depend on this industry, who care very much about the welfare of the horses and about the survival of the sport.

Your implication that talking about it is "complaining" is rather misplaced, esp. when it comes up in a topic for discussion.
You are correct. I have no knowledge of of what others do behind the scenes for racing. I only have knowledge of what you have posted which up until now has been just complaining. If you are taking action to solve the problem I back you 100%. If so, you might want to share what actions you are taking.