Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 09-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #166
Spicemaster

highnote/Hong Kong

highnote, apologies for whoever told you it was your fault. It most definitely is not.

My understanding is that the random number you (and everyone else) sees is a cap limit number when the pool goes over a certain amount. Apparently when the code was written they didn't anticipate taking pools as large as those in Hong Kong.

However, it is also my understanding the odds and pools totals are unaffected - they are correct. I know they are discussing options for a fix, but no hard plans or timeline...

Will let you know if I hear more.
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 08:10 PM   #167
highnote

Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
highnote, apologies for whoever told you it was your fault. It most definitely is not.

My understanding is that the random number you (and everyone else) sees is a cap limit number when the pool goes over a certain amount. Apparently when the code was written they didn't anticipate taking pools as large as those in Hong Kong.

However, it is also my understanding the odds and pools totals are unaffected - they are correct. I know they are discussing options for a fix, but no hard plans or timeline...

Will let you know if I hear more.
From post #100 in this thread by Spicemaster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster
I looked into highnote's issue and found no other reports of his complaint. It's likely a localized issue (maybe he doesn't log in/log out). First, there is no TwinSpires Supertote, even BRIS supertote was discontinued...there were no reports of bad odds (and there would have been many, if true)...good luck with your betting strategy of better odds versus the worldwide pool. Doesn't sound like we are missing any handle by helping him either way...
AltonKelsey also asked how in post #94: "How do you know it wasn't the Hong Kong feed at fault? "

I think we can now stop blaming and start fixing.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #168
Spicemaster

highnote/Hong Kong

So the apology is mine - while I told the truth, happy to make the apology.

There were no other reports according to what I was told so not sure of the priority? If the fix was in my wheelhouse I'd do it tonight!
Old 09-07-2018, 09:59 PM   #169
highnote

Quote:
So the apology is mine - while I told the truth, happy to make the apology.
Apology accepted. Thanks for looking into it.

Quote:
There were no other reports according to what I was told so not sure of the priority? If the fix was in my wheelhouse I'd do it tonight!
I know for a fact that there were several reports made to various members of your staff starting at the end of the prior meeting and they were acknowledged by the staff.

Although, I believe you on both counts -- you may not have been told and you would fix it tonight!

I can tell you care about taking care of the customer , even though sometimes it might be hard to do in a bureaucracy.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #170
Bill F

Over one month since Twinspires "updated" their website, and the Pro Wager Pad option is still F***ed up.

I'm using Win 7 and I've tried getting it to work with Chrome, IE, and now Firefox. The only way I can get it to open is by refreshing IE, and clicking the Wager Pad link before the webpage finishes loading.

As much as I my dislike for TS has grown, they still have a few worthwhile features that have kept me using their site (although not nearly as much as I used to).

Anybody else having issues with Wager Pad Pro?

Spicemaster or anyone else connected with TS, are there any solutions?
Bill F is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #171
AltonKelsey
Veteran

It was rather obvious that the code wasn't handling the large pool sizes.

Should have been figured out in about 5 minutes.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #172
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
It was rather obvious that the code wasn't handling the large pool sizes.

Should have been figured out in about 5 minutes.
True, but I think TS is more focused on sports wagering than horse race wagering now that the Supreme Court made betting on sports legal.

The flood gates have been opened.

There could be a lot of money to be made if you buy stock in a company that will benefit from sports wagering. I'm not sure CD would be at the top of my list, but the company might be worth looking into if you're an investor.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #173
Spicemaster

Bill F/Pro

Hi Bill F, just seeing your Pro comment...if you are still having an issue there a couple of fixes that may help you.

Feel free to call Tech Support or if you prefer message me with your contact information/account number and I'll get someone to follow up with you.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:35 PM   #174
OverlayHunter

Spicemaster - is there any chance of batch file uploads being available by the end of the year or do I (and others?) just have to move on to another ADW?
OverlayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #175
Gorrex

Our next release will support their CSV file structure as well as our own..

Just in case you want to give it a shot...

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #176
Spicemaster

Overlayhunter

I know it is being worked on and have spoken to the Product Manager, but he does not know the timing.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #177
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post
Our next release will support their CSV file structure as well as our own..

Just in case you want to give it a shot...
I must say, it's a bit unseemly seeing a competitor jump into a thread about another service and tout...especially when you aren't even an authorized advertiser...but I'll let it slide this one time because you are VIP....
Old 09-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #178
OverlayHunter

PA, the following comment is in no way meant as a criticism of you or your policies - how you operate this site is totally at your discretion and I, for one, greatly appreciate all that you provide and do for us.

That said, what is clearly unseemly (to me) is the disdain TS shows its customers. I understand the need for a business to produce profits for its shareholders and sometimes make difficult choices and decisions but every time I turn around every CD related company that I do business with just seems to care not a bit (okay, let's be fair and say "hardly at all") for its customers. I am not an Amwager customer but I likely will be shortly (not because they posted in this thread, I've been checking them out for a couple of weeks) because I need to be able to upload files and TS can't or won't get its act together and I'm all out of patience.
OverlayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #179
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If indeed they are pissing off enough customers, they will suffer, and hopefully, change their ways.

Other than that, I have my own base to worry about (paying advertisers) who will complain if they see others seemingly get to advertise for free.

This also goes for the TwinSpires rep here, although to be fair, he only seems to jump in to answer questions, which is perfectly OK.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:20 PM   #180
Light
Veteran

Does anyone know why TS is using a star before Keenland's name. I figured maybe because its opening day but Hawthorne also opens today and it has no star.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: