Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 11:16 PM   #2371
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
To Winstrol or not to Winstrol, that is the question.
I actually believe it to be the product of an inherent, universal, subtle slowish inside on straightaways, coupled with his being forced to press Da'Tara, unlike his previous races.

Last edited by dnlgfnk; 05-28-2017 at 11:17 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 05-28-2017, 11:31 PM   #2372
Greyfox

Quote:
Hmmm...can anybody think of another hoax, massively bigger than climate change, designed to defraud the people of this world from their hard earned money?
Are you thinking of "Organized Religions?"
Old 05-29-2017, 02:59 AM   #2373
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
What drives me nuts is the pitty-pat easy jabs back and forth, back and forth, not really causing much damage. Throw a hook or an uppercut once in a while.
When boxie gets hit with an uppercut he just crawls into his shell for a few days. I assume he consults his fellow Calvinists. He's an onion that needs to be peeled one layer at a time.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:08 AM   #2374
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And that assumes all those theories are right! The fact remains: If the universe had a "beginning" then in naturalism this implies that the universe created itself, which violates the Law of Non-Contradiction.. But if you want to get cute and postulate that the universe is an eternal, self-existent entity in its essence, then you run into a brick wall with the Law of Identity.
IF (BIG IF) the universe is not eternal and did not create itself then what created it?
Old 05-29-2017, 05:37 AM   #2375
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
When boxie gets hit with an uppercut he just crawls into his shell for a few days. I assume he consults his fellow Calvinists. He's an onion that needs to be peeled one layer at a time.
Good luck! You'll need it. IMO...Boxcar is best left alone.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #2376
boxcar

Quote:
IF (BIG IF) the universe is not eternal and did not create itself then what created it?
You mean, who created it?
Old 05-29-2017, 09:43 AM   #2377
boxcar

Quote:
What drives me nuts is the pitty-pat easy jabs back and forth, back and forth, not really causing much damage. Throw a hook or an uppercut once in a while.
Yeah...that's right...just like you haven't been able to do yourself. But if you're banking on Actor to do that...you're on the wrong pony in this race. Heck...he's not even a thoroughbred. More like a mule...
Old 05-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #2378
boxcar

Quote:
Are you saying that they are wrong? After a century of peer review?
"Peer review", heh? Is that like group think?
Old 05-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #2379
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
What you are describing would not have been possible for, bare minimum, the first 1400 years of Christianity, for a church that would last forever (Eph 3:21), for whom Christ would be with always (Mt 28:20).

In say, 1217 rather than 2017, you are without the printing press, infrastructures supporting distribution of rare bibles, the chance that you are literate, supporting materials in Near Eastern languages and geographies,etc., the time for intense study despite family and the agrarian lifestyle requiring early rising and retiring for the next day, as well as the capacity for critical thinking skills in the areas of philosophy and theology.

Even today, the average Christian of history fits the above description. Toss in the arrival of differing doctrines through private judgement, and I don't believe sola scriptura is the plan of God for man.
Then you are not like Abraham, who believed God. Let God be true and every man a liar!
Old 05-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #2380
boxcar

Quote:
Really? You must be witnessing another fight. I don't recall ever getting hit. None of you are capable. To hit me, you have to see me. But every one of you infidels are as spiritually blind as the man in John 9 was born physically blind. However, there is one difference between you guys and that man in John 9: God sovereignly and gracously chose to grant him his sight through Christ. But you unbelievers....not so much.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #2381
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Good luck! You'll need it. IMO...Boxcar is best left alone.
You're half right! But they would need the luck of every star in the universe lining up precisely before they could even get me to break a sweat. The best thing to do, then, with Boxcar is to listen to him...for your eternal, spiritual welfare.

Last edited by boxcar; 05-29-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #2382
boxcar

Well, good morning One and All: I see everyone is "bright" and chipper and rarin' to go on this holiday. This is the good news. The bad, however, is that none of you can ward off your delusions about me. But...I will try to offset that bad news with more good news. Because I'm so "desperate", according to Mr. No Answers, since he thinks he has me on the ropes with that last anti-Trinity link he posted, I felt it was only fitting to put the final nail in the coffin of this little...er...discussion on the Trinity.

I have asked Light several times, and Hcap even more recently, if they thought that perfect unity was achievable in this universe. Is such a thing possible in this world? But I received no answers from them. If God is "one" (perfectly unified) as Deut 6:4-5 teaches, then does scripture tell us how that is possible? How would such perfect union, perfect agreement in all things be possible in a group of persons? No one here can answer this! And, frankly, I would have no answers to this question if it weren't for divine revelation and the illuminating work of the Holy Spirit within me. (I am living proof of the truth John taught about no believer needing an man to teach him since all believers have the Holy Spirit as their teacher, cf. 1Jn 2:27). But without further ado...

The same apostle also taught that God is love (1Jn 4:16). And biblical love is a virtue -- the greatest virtue of them all (1Cor 13:13). This is so because biblical love is moral in its very essence. God, for example, cannot sin because he is love -- his very essence is love, and love can do no wrong (Rom 13:10). If we had only these kinds of passages to rely upon, some of us still might be able to reason (rightly, I might add) that love is the "glue" that perfectly unifies the three persons of the Godhead, since the three have loved one another for all eternity. But we do have more. In this case, we don't have to rely solely upon our logical inference. Here is the passage that nails it down:

Col 3:14
14 And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.
NASB

This is how the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one, i.e. perfectly unified. This is how Jesus could say, "in THE [one] name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit..." This is how the three persons are always in agreement, always act in one accord. And at the end of this age when Christ returns to resurrect his saints and to recreate the heavens and the earth, this perfect unity will become a living reality for all of God's saints; for all sin will be abolished. Unrepentant sinners will spend eternity in Satan's realm of outer darkness, while the saints will bask in the light of God's glory only in His eternal kingdom.

Y'all have a great holiday.

Last edited by boxcar; 05-29-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:51 AM   #2383
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Then you are not like Abraham, who believed God. Let God be true and every man a liar!
On the contrary, I believe God and that his vehicle for informing the author of Genesis about Abraham--Sacred oral transmission, "paradosis"--is not abrogated in the New Testament.

Let God be true and every man participate in his truth (2 Pt 1:4).
Old 05-29-2017, 12:41 PM   #2384
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Well, good morning One and All: I see everyone is "bright" and chipper and rarin' to go on this holiday. This is the good news. The bad, however, is that none of you can ward off your delusions about me. But...I will try to offset that bad news with more good news. Because I'm so "desperate", according to Mr. No Answers, since he thinks he has me on the ropes with that last anti-Trinity link he posted, I felt it was only fitting to put the final nail in the coffin of this little...er...discussion on the Trinity.

I have asked Light several times, and Hcap even more recently, if they thought that perfect unity was achievable in this universe. Is such a thing possible in this world? But I received no answers from them. If God is "one" (perfectly unified) as Deut 6:4-5 teaches, then does scripture tell us how that is possible? How would such perfect union, perfect agreement in all things be possible in a group of persons? No one here can answer this! And, frankly, I would have no answers to this question if it weren't for divine revelation and the illuminating work of the Holy Spirit within me. (I am living proof of the truth John taught about no believer needing an man to teach him since all believers have the Holy Spirit as their teacher, cf. 1Jn 2:27). But without further ado...

The same apostle also taught that God is love (1Jn 4:16). And biblical love is a virtue -- the greatest virtue of them all (1Cor 13:13). This is so because biblical love is moral in its very essence. God, for example, cannot sin because he is love -- his very essence is love, and love can do no wrong (Rom 13:10). If we had only these kinds of passages to rely upon, some of us still might be able to reason (rightly, I might add) that love is the "glue" that perfectly unifies the three persons of the Godhead, since the three have loved one another for all eternity. But we do have more. In this case, we don't have to rely solely upon our logical inference. Here is the passage that nails it down:

Col 3:14
14 And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.
NASB

This is how the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one, i.e. perfectly unified. This is how Jesus could say, "in THE [one] name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit..." This is how the three persons are always in agreement, always act in one accord. And at the end of this age when Christ returns to resurrect his saints and to recreate the heavens and the earth, this perfect unity will become a living reality for all of God's saints; for all sin will be abolished. Unrepentant sinners will spend eternity in Satan's realm of outer darkness, while the saints will bask in the light of God's glory only in His eternal kingdom.

Y'all have a great holiday.
As difficult as it is to believe, there was a man, Frank Sheed,

http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/featu...ts_may2011.asp

who proceeded you, who leaned heavily on Aquinas, who leaned heavily on...

I honestly think you must gloss over scripture passages such as Lk 18:9-14...

https://www.blueletterbible.org/nasb/luk/18/9/s_991009

Or the humility required (Phil 2:8) to participate (2 Pt 1:4) in the eternal exchange of love between the communion of Persons within the Trinity you are attempting to describe...

https://www.blueletterbible.org/nasb/phl/2/6/s_1105006

I marvel at someone who makes the theological virtue of hope (Rom 5) and...

https://www.blueletterbible.org/nasb...3/13/s_1075013

...irrelevant, who goes beyond what even Paul would claim for himself...

https://www.blueletterbible.org/nasb/1co/9/27/s_1071027
https://www.blueletterbible.org/nasb...t_conc_1066004

The fancy term is "presumption".
Old 05-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #2385
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
On the contrary, I believe God and that his vehicle for informing the author of Genesis about Abraham--Sacred oral transmission, "paradosis"--is not abrogated in the New Testament.

Let God be true and every man participate in his truth (2 Pt 1:4).
But it is abrogated in this New Covenant age because the canon has been closed for centuries.

And I do participate fully in God's truth...which Jesus said is only God's word. The Source for absolute truth is only the inspired, infallible Word of God.