Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #181
Valuist

Don't watch it in real time. AMC loads up the episodes with commercials and the fast forward button on the remote very handy.

Having said that, it was good seeing Hank in the show. One of the classic scenes in Breaking Bad is when Hank is sitting on the toilet and the light bulb finally goes on. Walter IS Heisenberg and it may have taken a long time, but Hank did piece it together.

Another great scene is in the next episode or two, Hank and Walter are in the garage and Walt tells him "if I'm really the person you think I am, do you really want to f-k with me?"
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 04:50 PM   #182
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Don't watch it in real time. AMC loads up the episodes with commercials and the fast forward button on the remote very handy.

Having said that, it was good seeing Hank in the show. One of the classic scenes in Breaking Bad is when Hank is sitting on the toilet and the light bulb finally goes on. Walter IS Heisenberg and it may have taken a long time, but Hank did piece it together.

Another great scene is in the next episode or two, Hank and Walter are in the garage and Walt tells him "if I'm really the person you think I am, do you really want to f-k with me?"
Hank and Gomie need to be there as it pertains to the Krazy 8 story but their repartee with the insults is getting a little tired in BCS5. Hank was a great character in BB, in the beginning I had some reservations about him but it was shown he was a great guy. It was WW who turned out rotten.

Water White won the filly stake at AQU Saturday, would have been a good hunch play as it paid good.

BCS5 ep 4 was a strange one. Saul/Jimmys bowling ball act seems a little over the top. The key this season is where Kim ends up.

Also crazy is Mike's dark turn.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #183
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Hank and Gomie need to be there as it pertains to the Krazy 8 story but their repartee with the insults is getting a little tired in BCS5. Hank was a great character in BB, in the beginning I had some reservations about him but it was shown he was a great guy. It was WW who turned out rotten.

Water White won the filly stake at AQU Saturday, would have been a good hunch play as it paid good.

BCS5 ep 4 was a strange one. Saul/Jimmys bowling ball act seems a little over the top. The key this season is where Kim ends up.

Also crazy is Mike's dark turn.
Gotta believe Kim ends up in Tucumcari.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2020, 01:45 AM   #184
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Tonight's episode was good, but damn this show moves slowly. Only two episodes left in the season, and Lord knows how long we'll have to wait for next season.

I guess the question will all want the answer to is:
How does Kim exit the picture?
Tonight made me think the cartel is going to take her on a one way trip out to the desert. She knows too much and is of no value to them.
Jimmy messed up
Old 04-07-2020, 10:26 AM   #185
Longshot6977

Yeah, as soon as I saw Kim meet with Lalo, I thought this was not gonna end well for her. And Mike even said to Saul in the desert that Kim is now 'friends' with the cartel simply because Saul told her what he was doing out there. Mike knows they have no need for her.
But I didn't understand something, why was Mike in the desert following the cartel/Saul if he knew Saul was getting the money? Why didn't he just meet the brothers himself at the well? Maybe that's the way Gus wanted it to go down. Anyway, a lot should happen in the last two episodes.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2020, 11:13 AM   #186
RunForTheRoses

Very good episode. Awesome cinematography. And Kim (and Jimmy) really Fed up.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #187
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Stupid episode. Wasted all that time with Mike n Jimmy in the desert

I don’t know how Mike killing those guys moves the story forward...all it did was prove Jimmy was stupid to pick up the cash
Old 04-07-2020, 08:36 PM   #188
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot6977 View Post
Yeah, as soon as I saw Kim meet with Lalo, I thought this was not gonna end well for her. And Mike even said to Saul in the desert that Kim is now 'friends' with the cartel simply because Saul told her what he was doing out there. Mike knows they have no need for her.
But I didn't understand something, why was Mike in the desert following the cartel/Saul if he knew Saul was getting the money? Why didn't he just meet the brothers himself at the well? Maybe that's the way Gus wanted it to go down. Anyway, a lot should happen in the last two episodes.
Good point.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #189
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot6977 View Post
I didn't understand any of it. Who were the guys robbing the $7M? Obviously they were tipped off by the guy making the phone call at the $$ location, but who were they? Gus' guys? Another crew?

How did Mike know exactly where Jimmy was gonna get robbed, and was all set up in his sniper position?

And they COULDN'T have been Gus' crew, cuz why would Mike take them all out and then hide?

I'm not always paying the closest attention but this all seems pretty convoluted..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #190
RunForTheRoses

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/bet...-8-1234572360/

Who are those thieves? How are they connected to the Salamancas?
They are cartel-adjacent. In the teaser, you see the middle-aged gentleman who seems to be in charge of “Salamanca treasure cave” as we called it — that warehouse filled with exotic cars and then thousands of pounds of cash and the counting room and all that. He seems to be in charge of the facility, and at the end of that teaser seems to be ratting out the cousins. To who, Peter, Gordon and the writers know but I don’t think we have established that yet for the audience.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #191
kingfin66
Bombardier

I don't think Kim will be killed. I think Ed at the vacuum e will help her dissappear. That 100k that Jimmy earned will be the source of payment.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #192
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/bet...-8-1234572360/

Who are those thieves? How are they connected to the Salamancas?
They are cartel-adjacent. In the teaser, you see the middle-aged gentleman who seems to be in charge of “Salamanca treasure cave” as we called it — that warehouse filled with exotic cars and then thousands of pounds of cash and the counting room and all that. He seems to be in charge of the facility, and at the end of that teaser seems to be ratting out the cousins. To who, Peter, Gordon and the writers know but I don’t think we have established that yet for the audience.
Thanks for that, at least it kind of explains who the robbers were.

So not only did Mike know when and where exactly Jimmy was going to pick up the money, he also apparently knew he was gonna be robbed, and where exactly on the "30 mile" dirt road the robbery would go down..

Ehh..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2020, 02:54 AM   #193
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I didn't understand any of it. Who were the guys robbing the $7M? Obviously they were tipped off by the guy making the phone call at the $$ location, but who were they? Gus' guys? Another crew?

How did Mike know exactly where Jimmy was gonna get robbed, and was all set up in his sniper position?

And they COULDN'T have been Gus' crew, cuz why would Mike take them all out and then hide?

I'm not always paying the closest attention but this all seems pretty convoluted..
Ding! They are reaching. Perfect explanation
Old 04-09-2020, 06:29 AM   #194
thezeeman333

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post

If you noticed after Mike killed all the guys who were going to kill Saul, he went to Saul's car and took off the gas cap. Mike put a tracker in the gas cap of Saul's car like he did in previous episodes.
thezeeman333 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2020, 07:17 AM   #195
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezeeman333 View Post
If you noticed after Mike killed all the guys who were going to kill Saul, he went to Saul's car and took off the gas cap. Mike put a tracker in the gas cap of Saul's car like he did in previous episodes.
Yes, was about to post this.