Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #286
SandyW

And Todd Schrupp, in a class all by himself.
A complete moron.
SandyW is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #287
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney
I have to put the sound on mute also, the on air guys are so annoying and juvenile that my wife gets pissed if she has to hear it for too long. So if I must watch the races, we have to turn the sound off.

I've never known of anyone that uses the TVG ADW.
New Jersey residents have no other choice.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #288
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyW
And Todd Schrupp, in a class all by himself.
A complete moron.
Its amazing this guy is still on the air. Thru tenure he's probably making more money than most or all of the hosts....and yet, if he left, he would be the least missed.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #289
taxicab

I use the TVG ADW near daily.
They are much better than Twin Spires.
If you forget to download your W2-G tax reports they mail them out to you like clockwork within a week.
They also don't make the ridiculous errors that Twin Spires makes(the list is a mile long).
I have no problem with the on air talent.
They talk horses and wander off subject periodically.....no biggie.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #290
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab
I use the TVG ADW near daily.
They are much better than Twin Spires.
If you forget to download your W2-G tax reports they mail them out to you like clockwork within a week.
They also don't make the ridiculous errors that Twin Spires makes(the list is a mile long).
I have no problem with the on air talent.
They talk horses and wander off subject periodically.....no biggie.
Why wander off subject though? Isn't there a better use of their time than to be clowning around? Can't they have a "roving reporter" find some trainer or owner to interview (for example) and try and glean nuggets of info that might be helpful rather than the other nonsense?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:24 PM   #291
lamboguy

i have learned to live with TVG, and appreciate them for what they have done keeping this game alive through the years. they even have one of our members report on stake races every week which is very informative. they constantly are out there trying to make things better with the production of their product. they go to different venues and interview people when no one else is doing it.

we all make mistakes, and we are all morons at times. TVG has been consistent and a product that we have been able to count on for this whole century. i for one appreciate all their effort and their hard work to keep us informed and entertained.

i am sick of bashing these days and try to find the positives.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #292
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Why wander off subject though? Isn't there a better use of their time than to be clowning around? Can't they have a "roving reporter" find some trainer or owner to interview (for example) and try and glean nuggets of info that might be helpful rather than the other nonsense?
You do understand how difficult it is to get trainers/owners to give info out/speak on camera.......don't you?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #293
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i have learned to live with TVG, and appreciate them for what they have done keeping this game alive through the years. they even have one of our members report on stake races every week which is very informative. they constantly are out there trying to make things better with the production of their product. they go to different venues and interview people when no one else is doing it.

we all make mistakes, and we are all morons at times. TVG has been consistent and a product that we have been able to count on for this whole century. i for one appreciate all their effort and their hard work to keep us informed and entertained.

i am sick of bashing these days and try to find the positives.
Correct lambo.
I don't see any harm in what the TVG talent do.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #294
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
You do understand how difficult it is to get trainers/owners to give info out/speak on camera.......don't you?
It not hard, they all have egos and they all want to be interviewed, every last one of them.

At any rate, if you do make the case that you can't get that extra interview, what about cutting out the clowning and do something else productive?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:31 PM   #295
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

TVG gets no credit for paying the shown price on Treve in The Arc?
She was listed at 14-1 but due to French coupling rules she paid only 3-1, but TVG paid their customers the full 14-1 price.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #296
castaway01

Quote:
They did a long segment yesterday during Keeneland about some kid with a medical condition, not sure what that had to do with horse racing, i put it on mute the minute i saw they weren't talking about horses MARONE!
However maudlin it may be, I have to admit, this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about Make a Wish kids getting time on TV. I'm sure those five minutes those children got on camera enjoying themselves at Keeneland hurt ya. It has to do with horse racing because those children wanted to spend their time with horses before they, you know, quite possibly died.

I'd trade any of those kids for what you've contributed to the world, that is for certain.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #297
taxicab

Quote:
It not hard, they all have egos and they all want to be interviewed, every last one of them.

At any rate, if you do make the case that you can't get that extra interview, what about cutting out the clowning and do something else productive?
Way off SRU.....alot of trainers don't want to speak on air before the race.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #298
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Way off SRU.....alot of trainers don't want to speak on air before the race.
The ones who speak, want to speak or else they would say no.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #299
Beachbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
However maudlin it may be, I have to admit, this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about Make a Wish kids getting time on TV. I'm sure those five minutes those children got on camera enjoying themselves at Keeneland hurt ya. It has to do with horse racing because those children wanted to spend their time with horses before they, you know, quite possibly died.

I'd trade any of those kids for what you've contributed to the world, that is for certain.
Amen
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #300
taxicab

Quote:
They did a long segment yesterday during Keeneland about some kid with a medical condition, not sure what that had to do with horse racing, i put it on mute the minute i saw they weren't talking about horses MARONE!
Oh man!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: