Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Who Would Win?
Winx 58 65.17%
Enable 31 34.83%
Voters: 89. This poll is closed

Old 11-04-2018, 01:36 AM   #91
coachv30

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Oh, much better than that
Balboa / Drago?
Old 11-04-2018, 01:39 AM   #92
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30 View Post
Balboa / Drago?
Creed/Drago?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2018, 11:28 PM   #93
chenoa

Stauffer/Asaro
Old 11-05-2018, 10:32 AM   #94
classhandicapper

Enable has beaten the better competition on a consistent basis, but I think it's a lot closer than critics of Winx think. Winx has an incredible turn of foot, wins with a ton in reserve, and she's not facing chopped liver in Australia. If you put a gun to my head, I'd take Enable, but I'd definitely get my affairs in order before the race with a gun pointed at my head.

I would also gladly pay $1000 to see it happen.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #95
georgetkingiv

At this point I doubt it will ever happen unless Khalid Bin Abdullah is willing to ship Enable down to Australia to race against Winx in 2019. This of course would be contingent on whether Winx will even be back to race another season. But it would not only be Winx Vs Enable it would be Hugh Bowman Vs Frankie Detorri.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #96
Gamblor

Winx keeps winning but she is definitely not as good now as she was two years ago. She is a 7yo now of course. How she was in the spring of 2016 (Aus seasons) and the autumn of 2017 was her top, and it’s that winx that would be amazing to see against enable. I don’t think enable could have gotten near her the way she won the 2016 Cox Plate, that was her career high.

Now, winx is, as I said, no longer as good as that, but she’s still good enough to beat everyone she comes up against. I don’t think she will have any more than three or four more runs in the autumn of 2019 though before retiring. We won’t see her in another Cox Plate spring 2019.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2018, 03:49 PM   #97
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
Winx keeps winning but she is definitely not as good now as she was two years ago. She is a 7yo now of course. How she was in the spring of 2016 (Aus seasons) and the autumn of 2017 was her top, and it’s that winx that would be amazing to see against enable. I don’t think enable could have gotten near her the way she won the 2016 Cox Plate, that was her career high.

Now, winx is, as I said, no longer as good as that, but she’s still good enough to beat everyone she comes up against. I don’t think she will have any more than three or four more runs in the autumn of 2019 though before retiring. We won’t see her in another Cox Plate spring 2019.
What kind of ratings are you using?
Old 11-06-2018, 06:57 PM   #98
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Who's Enable, never heard of her!

My brother even asked me how I picked her to win the Arc (again, THIS YEAR!).
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2018, 09:03 PM   #99
Scanman

If the Melbourne Cup results are any measure of the standard of racing in Europe vs Australia, particularly with stayers (and this has been the trend for a while), you have to give the edge to Enable.

Enable travels and wins world-class races. Winx doesn't travel and wins good races.

Take nothing away from Winx, Chris Waller has done a phenomenal job training and placing the mare, but for me, it's Enable.

Last edited by Scanman; 11-06-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #100
georgetkingiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
If the Melbourne Cup results are any measure of the standard of racing in Europe vs Australia, particularly with stayers (and this has been the trend for a while), you have to give the edge to Enable.

Enable travels and wins world-class races. Winx doesn't travel and wins good races.

Take nothing away from Winx, Chris Waller has done a phenomenal job training and placing the mare, but for me, it's Enable.
Perhaps Khalid Bin Abdullah and John Gosden will be willing to travel to the land down under where women glow and men plunder.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #101
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetkingiv View Post
Perhaps Khalid Bin Abdullah and John Gosden will be willing to travel to the land down under where women glow and men plunder.
Well, Abdullah did send Finche down for the Melbourne Cup, so he doesn't seem adverse to traveling to Oz.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #102
bobphilo

Quote:
Actually, the lyric is "Where women glow and men thunder. Can your hear, can you hear, can you hear the thunder?" Sorry if you changed the line intentionally as a gag. Witty post in any case".
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2018, 05:26 PM   #103
bobphilo

This is one race which I'd have to pass and just would love to enjoy as a fan.
Of course, if you put a gun to my head I'd go with Enable.... I think.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #104
georgetkingiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
Actually, the lyric is "Where women glow and men thunder. Can your hear, can you hear, can you hear the thunder?" Sorry if you changed the line intentionally as a gag. Witty post in any case".
Hey bob. The lyrics have always been "where women glow and men plunder". A quick google search will confirm this. Thank you for the compliment however.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #105
bobphilo

Quote:
Hey bob. The lyrics have always been "where women glow and men plunder". A quick google search will confirm this. Thank you for the compliment however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
I stand corrected. The men do plunder. I was fooled since the next line is "can you hear them thunder".
That song really takes me back. I remember at the time in addition to the Men at Work there was a Canadian group called Men without Hats (Safety Dance was my favorite). One DJ said that with the current economy then they should get together and call themselves Men without Work.

Last edited by bobphilo; 11-12-2018 at 06:02 PM.