Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:17 PM   #3751
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
Thanks for the link.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #3752
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Thanks for the link.
Got another one for ya

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/11/hi...ictment-again/
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #3753
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Ya gotta cling to something while you still can, I guess. They call it denial, yes?

Comey sent that letter for a reason. Not because he likes to send letters to Congress.

You may not like it, but this does not bode well for her. This isn't Fox news sending out letters to Congress. This isn't Fox news keeping Huma hidden from sight.

Win or lose, HRC is done. Either way, it's going to be a fun show. Grab me some serious popcorn, as they say.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #3754
thaskalos

Isn't TRUMP "done"? What good will it do Trump if Hillary is elected...and then impeached? Or, is Trump planning to run again in 2020?
Old 11-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #3755
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Isn't TRUMP "done"? What good will it do Trump if Hillary is elected...and then impeached? Or, is Trump planning to run again in 2020?
Trump the concept is far more important to me than Trump the person. Trump is just a means to an end. I couldn't care less what Trump does if he loses.

ps. Trump isn't done if he actually wins. I'll be the first to come back here on Tuesday night (or whenever it's settled) and say I was wrong if Trump gets hammered...or even if he loses a close one. But I honestly believe he has a much better chance at winning then conventional wisdom suggests....I've thought so all along, even when I've posted myself that Trump is done, or that I've given up and resigned to the fact that Hillary was a lock. I very much bought into the notion there might be a silent faction out there that isn't being factored into the polls...still do....
Old 11-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #3756
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-bom...-play-perjury/
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #3757
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
More unnamed sources...if I'm going to trust a report with unnamed sources, I'd go with Fox and Bret Baier over InfoWars...
Old 11-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #3758
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
More unnamed sources...if I'm going to trust a report with unnamed sources, I'd go with Fox and Bret Baier over InfoWars...
We'll see...if any of this is even remotely true, her political career is over..these allegations might be what is driving Bret's reportage after all...like you say, serious popcorn time...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #3759
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Trump the concept is far more important to me than Trump the person. Trump is just a means to an end. I couldn't care less what Trump does if he loses.

ps. Trump isn't done if he actually wins. I'll be the first to come back here on Tuesday night (or whenever it's settled) and say I was wrong if Trump gets hammered...or even if he loses a close one. But I honestly believe he has a much better chance at winning then conventional wisdom suggests....I've thought so all along, even when I've posted myself that Trump is done, or that I've given up and resigned to the fact that Hillary was a lock. I very much bought into the notion there might be a silent faction out there that isn't being factored into the polls...still do....
It's possible that you are right...but I doubt it. IMO...there IS a "silent faction" of voters out there...but they aren't leaning towards Trump. They dislike BOTH candidates...but they have seen some "improvement" in their personal lives over the last 8 years...although this improvement may not be coming as fast as they would like. The fear of loss is a greater emotion than the desire for gain...and many voters out there see a much greater "downside" associated with the Trump presidency.

Hillary may be "corrupt", sure...but corruption in politics is nothing new or unexpected. Hillary is looked at as a continuation of Obama...and I think we could all agree that Obama would win in a landslide this year...if he were somehow allowed to run against Trump.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #3760
woodtoo

Quote:
It's possible that you are right...but I doubt it. IMO...there IS a "silent faction" of voters out there...but they aren't leaning towards Trump. They dislike BOTH candidates...but they have seen some "improvement" in their personal lives over the last 8 years...although this improvement may not be coming as fast as they would like. The fear of loss is a greater emotion than the desire for gain...and many voters out there see a much greater "downside" associated with the Trump presidency.

Hillary may be "corrupt", sure...but corruption in politics is nothing new or unexpected. Hillary is looked at as a continuation of Obama...and I think we could all agree that Obama would win in a landslide this year...if he were somehow allowed to run against Trump.
Great to hear you are Okay with corruption in politics...living in Chicago will have that effect...most people want to drain the swamp, they've had more than enough. You are a country of laws and that id good but these laws MUST be enforced especially when they involve DoJ, FBI, State Department IRS etal. I really have a hard time seeing how you are willing to sweep all this under the carpet? Is their no honor left, what a sad state of affairs.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #3761
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Great to hear you are Okay with corruption in politics...living in Chicago will have that effect...most people want to drain the swamp, they've had more than enough. You are a country of laws and that id good but these laws MUST be enforced especially when they involve DoJ, FBI, State Department IRS etal. I really have a hard time seeing how you are willing to sweep all this under the carpet? Is their no honor left, what a sad state of affairs.
IMO...no one is believable when they state that they are entering the political arena in order to drive the "corruption" out of politics. What are we...CHILDREN here? You think Trump is running for the position of DICTATOR in this country? There are elements in place in our world which tie-up the president's hands...just in case he/she intends to bring about some "real change" in the country.

What...history hasn't taught us ANYTHING in this country?

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-03-2016 at 02:26 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #3762
woodtoo

Quote:
IMO...no one is believable when they state that they are entering the political arena in order to drive the "corruption" out of politics. What are we...CHILDREN here? You think Trump is running for the position of DICTATOR in this country? There are elements in place in our world which tie-up the president's hands...just in case he/she intends to bring about some "real change" in the country.

Geez.. I was talking about the Gov. individual depts. to enforce laws...not Trump or any other POTUS. Enforce laws arrest criminal's do your god damned jobs.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #3763
DSB

Quote:

Well, the two most important things that I'm interested in Trump will have control over.

1. Supreme Court appointments
2. Immigration policy

The rest I'll take my chances on.....
DSB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2016, 02:40 PM   #3764
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

Nobody believes corruption is going to eliminated. But having a blowhard mouthpiece like Trump is necessary to bring this kind of thing out from under the rock and into the harsh sunlight. He's done a lot of good already, IMO...him plus Wiki has brought about a lot of revelations that you would have never heard about otherwise.

If he does nothing but wake more people up to the fact that you can't believe everything your hear or read about in "establishment" media, then he's a success already.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #3765
Clocker

Quote:
There are elements in place in our world which tie-up the president's hands...just in case he/she intends to bring about some "real change" in the country.

It clearly hasn't taught either candidate anything. Both think that the country is broken and that they can "fix" it through the strength of their persona and the power of the presidency.

Reagan said that the government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem. He soon learned that he could not bring about "real change" either.

Neither Trump nor Clinton have the leadership talents of Reagan, and it is even harder to bring about "real change" today than it was back then.