Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-01-2015, 07:09 PM   #1
cutchemist42

Turf Paradise......yeeesh

Race 3 today, the 7 Chumaree Won, looked very bad and couldnt see what happened after the camera panned, but this was a horse who was just vanned off in the last race.

Think there was another thread here about a trainer bringing a horse banned in Cali to Tup and the horse breaking down.

People bet this place?
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42
Race 3 today, the 7 Chumaree Won, looked very bad and couldnt see what happened after the camera panned...
Blew the turn and was pulled up.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42
Race 3 today, the 7 Chumaree Won, looked very bad and couldnt see what happened after the camera panned, but this was a horse who was just vanned off in the last race.

Think there was another thread here about a trainer bringing a horse banned in Cali to Tup and the horse breaking down.

People bet this place?
Add Turf Paralyzed to the list of tracks that I played regularly and quit cold turkey.

I will never forget....4 or 5 years ago. I bet a 2 horse in a turf route. He sat pocket, angled out into the lane and won clear.

Had a hefty bet (win and pics). They put up an inquiry.

They showed the stretch drive. Horse was so well clear, nothing could be pinned against him.

They next moved to the start and the clubhouse turn. No bumps, no incidents.

Kept blinking the 2.

Next they showed the backstretch. No bumps, no incidents.

Kept blinking the 2.

They next showed the far turn. You know, with that ridiculously weirdly placed camera angle.

A horse 2-3 lenghts behing the pocketed 2 horse, had a slight check next to another foe (not the 2).

They showed that replay 20-25 times. Ray Charles could see that there was no incident. Ray Charles could see that IF and I use the word IF loosely, the horse that "checked" did indeed "check" it was due to his

A) own shadow
B) at best the horse to his/her right.

Again, the 2 was 2-3 lengths ahead of this horse, while sitting pocket behind the 2 leaders.

They took the 2 down with no explanation.

There wasn't a soul breathing at AQU that could understand what happened.

I turned to Delta Lover and he said: There's a thread about this BS DQ on PA. I said: What's PA?

Shortly thereafter I started reading all the wonderful (no sarcams, mean that sincere) posts on PA and eventually decided to join the party.

Back to the main point. TP is a blankety blank crooked craphole.

There racing is as A level, as their feed is HD CLEAR.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Add Turf Paralyzed to the list of tracks that I played regularly and quit cold turkey.

I will never forget....4 or 5 years ago. I bet a 2 horse in a turf route. He sat pocket, angled out into the lane and won clear.

Had a hefty bet (win and pics). They put up an inquiry.

They showed the stretch drive. Horse was so well clear, nothing could be pinned against him.

They next moved to the start and the clubhouse turn. No bumps, no incidents.

Kept blinking the 2.

Next they showed the backstretch. No bumps, no incidents.

Kept blinking the 2.

They next showed the far turn. You know, with that ridiculously weirdly placed camera angle.

A horse 2-3 lenghts behing the pocketed 2 horse, had a slight check next to another foe (not the 2).

They showed that replay 20-25 times. Ray Charles could see that there was no incident. Ray Charles could see that IF and I use the word IF loosely, the horse that "checked" did indeed "check" it was due to his

A) own shadow
B) at best the horse to his/her right.

Again, the 2 was 2-3 lengths ahead of this horse, while sitting pocket behind the 2 leaders.

They took the 2 down with no explanation.

There wasn't a soul breathing at AQU that could understand what happened.

I turned to Delta Lover and he said: There's a thread about this BS DQ on PA. I said: What's PA?

Shortly thereafter I started reading all the wonderful (no sarcams, mean that sincere) posts on PA and eventually decided to join the party.

Back to the main point. TP is a blankety blank crooked craphole.

There racing is as A level, as their feed is HD CLEAR.

Emd....You know I love ya like a play cousin (west-coast expression) ..but I've been handicapping for 30+ yrs with a decade long "absence", and nothing even remotely similar to this has ever happened to me.
Do I have my head stuck in the sand? This is what some of the rants and raves have said. I'm a big boy, I can take it. Has this TWILIGHT ZONE stuff happened to EVERYONE?
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
Track Phantom

I watched one race yesterday, not sure which. They came around the turn swerving, bolting, pulling up. I swear to God I thought it reminded me of some bush league, illegal horse racing operation.

About 20 years ago, loved this track. GG shippers were standouts no matter how their GG form looked and you'd get good prices. Races like the TUP Derby and the Phoenix Gold Cup were important stakes races. Now, they get almost no attention.

Quite sad.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #6
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Emd....You know I love ya like a play cousin (west-coast expression) ..but I've been handicapping for 30+ yrs with a decade long "absence", and nothing even remotely similar to this has ever happened to me.
Do I have my head stuck in the sand? This is what some of the rants and raves have said. I'm a big boy, I can take it. Has this TWILIGHT ZONE stuff happened to EVERYONE?
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=turf+paradise

I'm looking for the thread but in the meantime, enjoy
Old 12-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #7
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valento
I watched one race yesterday, not sure which. They came around the turn swerving, bolting, pulling up. I swear to God I thought it reminded me of some bush league, illegal horse racing operation.

About 20 years ago, loved this track. GG shippers were standouts no matter how their GG form looked and you'd get good prices. Races like the TUP Derby and the Phoenix Gold Cup were important stakes races. Now, they get almost no attention.

Quite sad.
Didnt Zany Tactics run 6f in 1:06 and change back in the 80's?
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #8
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valento

About 20 years ago, loved this track. ...
And 15 years ago marks the most recent time it was sold.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Didnt Zany Tactics run 6f in 1:06 and change back in the 80's?
300 foot run up ? Just kidding....
Old 12-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #10
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=turf+paradise

I'm looking for the thread but in the meantime, enjoy
enjoy what? a thread prominently featuring our very own sage reporter SRU, whose thread was quickly closed I'm guessing because that "clockwork orange" vid. I've never rewatched that movie just because of that one scene...
Old 12-01-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
johnhannibalsmith

There was indeed a span of time a few years back for a while where the stews seemed to be all over the place. Not long after a new crew was assembled that has turned over a little here and there since but in general has done, in my opinion, a near flawless job with objections/inquiries.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
enjoy what? a thread prominently featuring our very own sage reporter SRU, whose thread was quickly closed I'm guessing because that "clockwork orange" vid. I've never rewatched that movie just because of that one scene...
I have to be fair. He didn't start the thread and there were many other credible opinions in the thread I attached.

I'm still looking for the original thread that got me to get into PA nation.....
Old 12-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #13
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I'm not really interested in other threads EMD.....you're always welcome to post up more....I just wanted to know if this thread would be inundated with hapless horseplayers, who've had unexplainable inquirys, takedowns, seemingly fixed races, etc....because the entire industry is a big scam.
Judging by the response and the crickets chirping......

It may be just poor track mgmt there, EMD. I would suggest you take a look at Parx, there is money to be made there, my friend. Parx is my new "home track". It definitely suits my handicapping style.

later

-NCG
Old 12-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #14
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
There was indeed a span of time a few years back for a while where the stews seemed to be all over the place. Not long after a new crew was assembled that has turned over a little here and there since but in general has done, in my opinion, a near flawless job with objections/inquiries.
That's nice to hear but too late. Been gone and not coming back. Robertino can win 50% at 1/2 without me.

There feed is from 1732 and their racing has gone completely downhill in recent years. There stewards were either A) Attrociously incapable of their job a few years back or B) betting a ton of money.

They're just another ex girlfriend to me now. Dead as a doornail.

This coming from a guy whole loves the small track.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #15
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I'm not really interested in other threads EMD.....you're always welcome to post up more....I just wanted to know if this thread would be inundated with hapless horseplayers, who've had unexplainable inquirys, takedowns, seemingly fixed races, etc....because the entire industry is a big scam.
Judging by the response and the crickets chirping......

It may be just poor track mgmt there, EMD. I would suggest you take a look at Parx, there is money to be made there, my friend. Parx is my new "home track". It definitely suits my handicapping style.

later

-NCG
Appreciate the offer but I DETEST Parx with a passion. I'm telling you, I am running out of tracks to play.

Anything to do with PA (the state !! LOL not our beloved site), I want to do without. They can take their 30 plus% vig and shove it.

I know I'm being selective but that's what I've learned to do when it comes to who will get my handle.