Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #6256
Vinnie

Oh, just for GP, at Lone Star yesterday (06-16) the Best 5 continued on its beastly hot streak. It swept the card on yesterdays 9 Race card. Honestly, that is pretty sweet indeed for software being sold at virtually any price. That included a little Late P4 for $153.65 and a Late P5 for $491.95 at 50c....

The Big Purple keeps on rolling along.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 06-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #6257
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I noticed previously BEST-FIVE usually does very well @ LoneStar-reason why I decided to played that exacta contest @ HorseTourneys couple days ago. Was watching yesterday, but didn't enter. The Best-5 selections led all the way until the final race! A big exacta knocked us off the leaderboard.

I was looking at Canterbury today. The first race you can see the betting on XB. A ML 12-1 horse MUSTANG MOLLY...someone bet $300 across EARLY on her. No professional players bet across the board like that, so I'm just going to watch & see what happens.

For kicks I was checking the PLATINUM ABILITY RATINGS yesterday @ CBY...since it's too soon for Power Ratings to kick in. Did pretty good, so I'll post them up for today (from EXOTIC BETS). The two highest ML out of the three, each race--are circled. I may dutch a few races where I can get a price.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:09 AM   #6258
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Belmont "Place to Win" and "Show a Profit" 6-19

Most of you have heard of-or seen Jon Worth's spot plays: SHOW-A-PROFIT & PLACE-TO-WIN. One for place bets...the other obviously show bets.

They actually are included in the POPS & TIPS software program. Go onto E-Bay and you'll see the paper/pencil versions for sale. I've had the Pops and Tips program for quite a few years, but never paid attention to P-T-W or S-A-P.

In the interest of science, and just for the hell of it--I'll post the plays for Belmont today:

PTW-----------------------------------------------SAP

3RD-- BEARS MAFIA 3-1------------FLEET WARRIOR 10-1

4TH-- CREATIVE STYLE 4-1--------LEITONE 7/5

6TH-- ARCHUMBABY 8-1------------MO FLASH 7/2

8TH-- SUMMER BOURBON 9/2-------STEAM ENGINE 8-1

9TH-- CHIMNEY ROCK 2-1--------(NO PLAY)

10TH-- (NO PLAY)-------------------ROZIERE 3-1

6th race Archumbaby & 8th race Summer Bourbon had the largest gap to the #2 point-getter, in their respective races.

If you have any interest at all in either method--do a search on this forum for results of testing by forum members.

(BTW-Jon's father-the great Tom Worth--I don't believe had any kind of direct input in either method. Also I'm an impartial observer and not a seller of these spot plays)

-NCG
Old 06-19-2020, 08:49 AM   #6259
Ucf2000

Pace View Platinum

I have the program and will be starting to try it out more. Outside of the website that gives ideas on how to look for plays, what other ideas have people been using? Also should one be using this in conjunction with the other programs you have?
Old 06-19-2020, 10:28 AM   #6260
sharkey11

scroll through this thread you will find lots of ideas that greg has put up for his products and you can also use your own ideas . as for using it with other programs depends on what they do no need to do things twice gl sir
Old 06-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #6261
Ucf2000

Thank you. In regards to other programs, what I meant was his other programs. I have Pace View Platinum and not the others.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #6262
oughtoh

I see PTW for sprints and then for routes. Are they all different?
Old 06-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #6263
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucf2000 View Post
Thank you. In regards to other programs, what I meant was his other programs. I have Pace View Platinum and not the others.

What I do is use best 5 when the meets open and most horses don't have a power # in Platinum. After a few weeks when most horses have a power# I switch to using platinum. As always you must look for value in your picks, gotta pass on those 3/5's.

Best 5 had the winner in 6 of 7 races at LAD last wednesday including a $213 pick4, a $498 pick5 and a $530 pick 6
Old 06-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #6264
oughtoh

These systems seem to work well at the Louisiana tracks.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:07 PM   #6265
Ucf2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
What I do is use best 5 when the meets open and most horses don't have a power # in Platinum. After a few weeks when most horses have a power# I switch to using platinum. As always you must look for value in your picks, gotta pass on those 3/5's.

Best 5 had the winner in 6 of 7 races at LAD last wednesday including a $213 pick4, a $498 pick5 and a $530 pick 6
Thank you for the input. It is appreciated
Old 06-19-2020, 03:58 PM   #6266
Vinnie

Hello Ucf2000:

I don't work for Greg or anything of the sort, but, I can tell you, if you don't have the Best 5 Consensus in your handicapping arsenal, (I believe that the program currently costs $49.95) when you have a chance get it. It generally gives the TOP 3 Consensus selections for each race based upon Greg's proprietary formulae... All that I can say is "the program can be downright ridiculous" as it often with seemingly perpetual regularity gets on a roll. After Greg posted for LSX (Lone Star Park) the other day, the following evening it literally ran the board winning each race on the program in once again the programs TOP 3 Consensus selections. Excellent program for picking PIC 3's, P4's and Pic 5 wager(s), etc. Honestly, you won't be disappointed in the least should you decide at some point to purchase the Best 5 from NorCalGreg!!

Vinnie

Old 06-19-2020, 04:16 PM   #6267
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
I see PTW for sprints and then for routes. Are they all different?
I guess they are different--but the Tips software doesn't make any distinction, Ed.
Jon Worth (Tom's son) has several spot plays based on the "Tips"-trainer maneuvering. The last one I saw was the "CLUSTER" tip-off...when certain tips were found together they were/are an especially powerful indicator of a serious win attempt. It was rather rare to find these, just guessing I would say you may find one of these "cluster" tip-offs once in 3-4 cards.

As with Jon's other spot plays, RPM programmed them into spot plays on software. A friend sent me a copy of RPM's "cluster" spot play-on software. The very first card I looked at with it--there was a play like every other race! Didn't take long for me to realize this wasn't programmed according to the actual spot play.

I deleted it off my computer immediately. It was a total joke.

To Ucf2000...no, Platinum is not used in conjunction with my other programs--and vice-versa. Click on the stat columns to sort top to bottom, and make a note of your findings. For example--SPEED BLAST is excellent @ 1 mile for finding price horses. Surprising how often "early" wins at that distance (depending on the track, of course). Then again, at another track LATE POWER will win. On turf routes, a buddy does well using TURF BLAST & LATE POWER.

As with all methods-get a price or pass the race.

-NCG
Old 06-19-2020, 04:32 PM   #6268
oughtoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Hello Ucf2000:

I don't work for Greg or anything of the sort, but, I can tell you, if you don't have the Best 5 Consensus in your handicapping arsenal, (I believe that the program currently costs $49.95) when you have a chance get it. It generally gives the TOP 3 Consensus selections for each race based upon Greg's proprietary formulae... All that I can say is "the program can be downright ridiculous" as it often with seemingly perpetual regularity gets on a roll. After Greg posted for LSX (Lone Star Park) the other day, the following evening it literally ran the board winning each race on the program in once again the programs TOP 3 Consensus selections. Excellent program for picking PIC 3's, P4's and Pic 5 wager(s), etc. Honestly, you won't be disappointed in the least should you decide at some point to purchase the Best 5 from NorCalGreg!!
I have Best 5 and Pony and love them both. All 3 are great to have.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:33 PM   #6269
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Vinnie I didn't bother to mention this (probably because I was mad at my self), but the day at Lonestar you mention--I actually played the Pick-5.

BUT...trying to trim the fat, so to speak--and lower my cost of the wager I kicked out 2 horses I didn't feel had a chance in the sequence.

You guessed it--one of the contenders I left off the ticket won the race.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #6270
Vinnie

Greg:

That is the story of my life. Honestly, my best strikes ever when playing in particular a P3, P4 or P5 have always involved at least a 3x3x3x2 type selection. In general, however, I have had my Best wins ever in these types of wagering scenarios remitting a 3x3x3x3 play. Even though I am well aware of this fact, admittedly, I have often been my own worst enemy as that 2nd or 3rd selection has beaten me out of a reasonably profitable situation more times in the past than I care to remember. I just know that this is something that I have to become better at in the future concerning forthcoming wagering opportunities.

Vinnie

Closed Thread