Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Reach the World euthanized

He was supposed to run either in the Preakness or Belmont, was euthanized this morning at Santa Anita after getting injured.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
PowerUpPaynter

terrible just terrible
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2017, 05:29 PM   #4
jocko699
Resurrectionist

So sad to hear of this.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2017, 11:44 PM   #5
Fager Fan
Veteran

I preface this by saying that I'm not blaming anyone. Horses can easily show no outward signs that anything is wrong. But in hindsight, it does make you wonder if this may explain his recent races not living up to expectations.

Condolences to all the connections.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2017, 11:58 PM   #6
Mulerider

Terrible news. Condolences to all the connections.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2017, 10:45 PM   #7
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I preface this by saying that I'm not blaming anyone. Horses can easily show no outward signs that anything is wrong. But in hindsight, it does make you wonder if this may explain his recent races not living up to expectations.

Condolences to all the connections.
Classic internet post. The ol' "I'm blaming somebody but I'm too afraid to actually say it."

You actually think getting hurt in a workout weeks after his most recent race explains why he hadn't yet (after 4 starts) lived up to what his connections thought of him? Wow.

It's called an accident for a reason.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

What was the exact nature of the accident/ injury...how far into the workout did it occur...? Who was riding...? Been following this horse for awhile now, so sad to hear this...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 12:40 AM   #9
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
What was the exact nature of the accident/ injury...how far into the workout did it occur...? Who was riding...? Been following this horse for awhile now, so sad to hear this...
It was a "severe sesamoid fracture" according to The Bloodhorse.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:47 AM   #10
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Thank you, I just found the article..http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...raining-injury
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 PM   #11
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Classic internet post. The ol' "I'm blaming somebody but I'm too afraid to actually say it."

You actually think getting hurt in a workout weeks after his most recent race explains why he hadn't yet (after 4 starts) lived up to what his connections thought of him? Wow.

It's called an accident for a reason.
There are few "accidents" in racing. It doesn't mean anyone is to blame, but severe fractures usually are the result of pre-existing microfractures. Trainers have to walk a line between proper stressing of the bone and not overstressing the bone, which isn't equal between horses.

And yes, everyone knows that something being up with the horse physically often explains otherwise inexplicable results.

Thanks for pointing out the post in the Vic thread, else I would've missed your great reply.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #12
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
There are few "accidents" in racing. It doesn't mean anyone is to blame, but severe fractures usually are the result of pre-existing microfractures. Trainers have to walk a line between proper stressing of the bone and not overstressing the bone, which isn't equal between horses.

And yes, everyone knows that something being up with the horse physically often explains otherwise inexplicable results.

Thanks for pointing out the post in the Vic thread, else I would've missed your great reply.
You know nothing about this situation. You're spouting off like you usually do and have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #13
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
You know nothing about this situation. You're spouting off like you usually do and have no idea what you're talking about.
I assure you I know far more about these things than you do.

Now go bully someone else for awhile. Vic and I only make two for today. Surely you haven't met your quota.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:17 PM   #14
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
I assure you I know far more about these things than you do.

Now go bully someone else for awhile. Vic and I only make two for today. Surely you haven't met your quota.
No, you know absolutely nothing about this particular situation. That's a fact.

The bully stuff is cute. I disagree so I'm bullying. Is it hard to type through tears?