Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #31
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickster
Allah Akbar. lol.
He's African American, and shows those cultural influences in his evangelical style of speech, but he's definitely a Christian speaking of the Christian God.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:46 PM   #32
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
When I first saw that thread I asked myself if I should read the whole thing to catch up, but I figured it would be faster to just read the Bible.
There ya go!~
Old 01-22-2015, 12:20 AM   #33
dnlgfnk

Hello, Tom.

The most intellectually honest atheist may have been Richard Rorty...

" There is no universally valid answer to moral questions such as, 'Why not be cruel?' Anybody who thinks that there are well-grounded theoretical answers to this sort of question . . . is still, in his heart, a theologian or a metaphysician. He believes in an order beyond time and change which both determines the point of human existence and establishes a hierarchy of responsibilities.”

There is a lot of borrowing from the Judeo-Christian ethic by most self-described atheists. But that's because "the law is written on the heart".

Last edited by dnlgfnk; 01-22-2015 at 12:21 AM.
dnlgfnk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #34
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash
Tom, I believe that many people have been deluded into kinky thinking just based on the lyrics of that song...

For many years, there were some verses that had perplexed me...It seemed to me that something was missing and odd about all of the words from that song...I just couldn't put my finger onit..

In more recent years, it was revealed to me in bits and pieces....But I finally got it..

It turns out that Lennon (not Lenin, haha), was an avowed Commie, and he worshipped Satan as well...

I can picture some of you at this very moment spitting out their coffee, but if you need a little proof, check this out...

Check out the Album Cover from The Beatles "SGT PEPPERs LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND" vinyl....On that cover, you will see a bunch of photo's of people that had an influence on the Beatles lives.... in the upper left hand corner you will see a photo of "Aleister Crowley", the founder of the church of Satan, and you will also in that mix, see a photo of the Real "LENIN"...And, if you notice the signs that the Beatles are making with their hands, they are all Satanic Signs...

If you listen to the words again to that Imagine song, this time with a more open mind, you will hear and see that it is a "setup", a setup song for "The New World Order", and Satan....Imagine there's no heaven, haha (wouldn't Satan just love that)...And the world will live as one, haha (sounds like a propaganda song for the NWO, no ?)...

Paul in the Bible, stated that we will never, all get along....
No you don't!
What a load of complete and total crap.
Mr. Crowley did not found the church of satan...where did you get that info? Google the man and do some reading....I did, and Anton LeVay is the founder of said church. It was formed years after Crowley's death (he died in the 1940's and LeVay founded his church in the mid 1960's).

Lennon was a commie who worshipped satan
Hilarious!

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 01-22-2015 at 09:28 AM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #35
MutuelClerk

I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round....
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #36
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Be sure to place your bet, then.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #37
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
I just had to let it go......
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #38
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Imagine there's no wheels
It's easy if you try
Old 01-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #39
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
No you don't!
What a load of complete and total crap.
Mr. Crowley did not found the church of satan...where did you get that info? Google the man and do some reading....I did, and Anton LeVay is the founder of said church. It was formed years after Crowley's death (he died in the 1940's and LeVay founded his church in the mid 1960's).

Lennon was a commie who worshipped satan
Hilarious!
Gee, I guess I had my Satanists mixed up...

So here is a little plagiarized info about all of this...enjoy !

===================================

Aleister Crowley's Influence in Music

Aleister Crowley: The Most Wicked Man in the World

To say that Satanist Aleister Crowley was an evil man would be an understatement. But before we get to who this man was and the influence he has had on this world, let us tell you a little bit about just where this guy stood morally. He said “I simply went over to Satan's side and I do not know why.” Crowley also said “I was not content to just believe in Satan, I wanted to be his chief of staff.” Crowley was once considered “The wickedest man on earth“ and was kicked out of almost every country he tried to make his home. The following overview of Crowley’s life is from Hungry for Heaven by Steve Turner:

“Born in 1875, Aleister Crowley had, like the Rolling Stones, rebelled against a regulated small-town background. He’d been raised in Leamington, Warwickshire, by parents who were members of the Strict Brethren, a fundamentalist Christian sect. From an early age young Aleister identified with the enemies of God in the Bible stories that were read to him. In particular he identified with the antichrist predicted in the book of Revelation. In 1898 he joined the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, a magical society.

“Most of Crowley’s adult life was dedicated to indulging in everything he believed God would hate: performing sex magic, taking heroin, opium, hashish, peyote and cocaine, invoking spirits, and even once offering himself to the Russian authorities to help destroy Christianity. He wrote volumes of books that he believed were dictated to him by a spirit from ancient Egypt called Aiwass. “To worship me take wine and strange drugs,” the spirit conveniently told him. “Lust, enjoy all things of sense and rapture. Fear not that any God shall deny thee for this.” …

Aleister’s father Edward was a Brethren preacher, but he had inherited a fortune from his father, Crowley Ale. Edward who died when Aleister was eleven and the son inherited the fortune. From this inheritance, Aleister financed his satanic career. He began torturing and killing animals at age twelve. Crowley was a heroin addict and a sexual pervert. His Christian mother referred to him as “The Great Beast of Revelation whose number is 666,” and he was pleased with the title. He was convinced that he was the reincarnation of the magician Eliphas Levi, who died the year Crowley was born. Crowley also believed he had lived other lives, including that of Pope Alexander VI. Crowley claimed that dark powers gave him the words to his “Book of the Law.” His first wife, Rose, died in a mental asylum. His second wife also went insane. “Five mistresses committed suicide, and scores of his concubines ended in the gutter as alcoholics, drug addicts, or in mental institutions” (Hellhounds on Their Trail, p. 56).

In 1922, Crowley published Diary of a Drug Fiend, which was about the use of cocaine. He described the widespread use of cocaine among Hollywood stars, which he described as “cocaine-crazed sexual lunatics.”

As noted, Crowley died a wasted heroin addict given to rages and doubts. His last words were “I am perplexed…” Crowley worshipped the demon god Pan, the god of sexuality and lust. His “Hymn to Pan” was read at his funeral: “I rave and I rape and I rip and I rend/ Everlasting world without end!”

Crowley believed in human sacrifice and said "A made child of perfect innocence" is the most suitable victim.

The disturbing thing about all of this is the way many famous and influential people have embraced this man and his teachings. Guitarist Jimmy Page of Zeppelin is a devout follower of Satanist, Aleister Crowley, who proclaimed himself as "The Beast 666". Aleister Crowley was also a 33rd and 97th Degree Freemason and is recognized as the master Satanist of the 20th century. In 1971, guitarist Jimmy Page bought Crowley’s Boleskine House on the shore of Loch Ness where Crowley practiced his hellish, satanic sex-magick rituals, including human sacrifices. Guitarist Jimmy Page actually performed Crowley magical rituals during their concerts. Their song "Stairway to Heaven" carries the reference "May Queen," which is purportedly the name of a hideous poem written by Crowley. Page had inscribed in the vinyl of their album Led Zeppelin III, Crowley's famous "Do what thou wilt. So mete it Be.’ Page and Robert Plant claim some of Zeppelins' songs came via occultic "automatic handwriting," including their popular "Stairway to Heaven." Jimmy Page purchased Crowley's home in Scotland which overlooks Loch-ness which was once a church that burned to the ground with the congregation inside.

The cover of the Sergeant Pepper's album by the Beatles showed a background of, according to Ringo Starr, people "we like and admire" (Hit Parade, Oct. 1976, p.14). Paul McCartney said of Sgt. Pepper's cover, ". . . we were going to have photos on the wall of all our HEROES . . .

" (Musician, Special Collectors Edition, - Beatles and Rolling Stones, 1988, p.12). One of the Beatle's heroes included on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's was — the infamous Satanist, Aleister Crowley! Most people, especially in 1967, did not even know who Crowley was — but the Beatles certainly did. Crowley’s photo appeared on the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper album cover(upper left hand corner).

The Beatles testified that the characters who appeared on the album were their “heroes.” Adolph Hitler was to be on the album but Lennon took it off at the last minute. John Lennon explained to Playboy magazine that “the whole Beatle idea was to do what you want … do what thou wilst, as long as it doesn’t hurt somebody” (Lennon, cited by David Sheff, The Playboy Interviews with John Lennon and Yoko Ono, p. 61). This was precisely what Crowley taught.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #40
classhandicapper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Crowley

"Mr Crowley is one of two singles released from the Blizzard of Ozz album, with Crazy Train being the first. The song was inspired by a book about Aleister Crowley which Osbourne had read and a deck of tarot cards that were found in the studio as recording of the album was commencing. Crowley was an English occultist and ceremonial magician who had founded the Thelemite religion in the early 20th century."

Interesting. I didn't know any of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q97XUgGON4

Mr. Crowley, what went on in your head?
Oh, Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead?
Your life style to me seemed so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all the people with magic
Yeah, you waited on Satan's door

Mr. Charming, did you think you were pure?
Mr. Alarming, in nocturnal rapport
Uncovering things that were sacred
Manifest on this Earth
Conceived in the eye of a secret
And they scattered the afterbirth

Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse?
Mr. Crowley, it's symbolic, of course
Approaching a time that is classic
I hear that maiden's call
Approaching a time that is drastic
Standing with their backs to the wall

Was it polemically sent
l want to know what you meant
I want to know, I want to know what you meant, yeah
Old 01-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #41
thaskalos

Whoever calls Crowley a "Satanist" has never read his books.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #42
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Whoever calls Crowley a "Satanist" has never read his books.

Ok then, please give me another name for "his style"...
Old 01-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #43
mountainman

"Imagine there's no heaven"...the man could not have been more clear, direct, or poetic. A moving anthem that takes no prisoners and suffers no fools, but still celebrates compassion and champions the human condition. Wow.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2015, 03:38 PM   #44
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman
"Imagine there's no heaven"...the man could not have been more clear, direct, or poetic. A moving anthem that takes no prisoners and suffers no fools, but still celebrates compassion and champions the human condition. Wow.

Sure, "imagine no possessions"... How commie is that..?
Old 01-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #45
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash
Ok then, please give me another name for "his style"...
He was an "occultist".

Of course, Christianity makes no such distinctions. If you are not a Christian...then you worship Satan.