Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-06-2018, 09:05 AM   #16
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Looks like Gorrex is associated with AM Wager.....
Ah. Great guys to deal with.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #17
Gorrex

Ya sorry about that.. added signature so its clear from now on.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2018, 08:36 PM   #18
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Has anyone found a way to incorporate live odds into their handicapping software?

Thxs

Mike
I created an excel spreadsheet a few years ago (and posted here at PA for all to have) using live odds from ebetusa until one day it stopped working. Ray2000 did the same with his spreadsheets (he had several different ones and posted them here on PA too) Ah, the good old days. We even had exacta will pays too. Mine also had a graph showing the trends in the odds from about 20 MTP to post time for each horse.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 12:55 AM   #19
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post
At some point we'll build libraries for doing this type of stuff. I can (and do) walk people through it now, but having a library to handle the callbacks properly would help simplify it a lot.

It will probably be next year before we can get to that given current resources and work loads.

All in all we know this is an area the industry can improve and we are working on it.
Let's get the actual Amwager website handling it's internal web callbacks first before opening up an API.
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 08:52 AM   #20
Gorrex

The API is fully open at all times otherwise our site wouldn't work at all.

The broken link you reported this morning is actually not an internal link but to a legacy 3rd party provider. At some point it will be removed, but we have to finish working out the details on the business side. New accounts do not have that link.

That link broke specifically because we had a verizon cdn outage last night. I bypassed their CDN to bring the site back up, in doing so it shifted the URL and the 3rd party validates against referrer headers.. I'm taking the bypass out now and going back to the primary URL which will fix that link.

At some point that link will go away for most older accounts as well.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 09-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #21
mikesal57
Veteran

Heres a guy that knows his stuff and gives straight answers...

Not like Twinspires thats gives people the run around and lots of BS...
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #22
Gorrex

And everything is back to normal...

As far as video and mobile issues.. anyone interested in beta testing a new UI soon?

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 09-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #23
dkbigsky

does AMwager have any promo codes running now. I might sign up
dkbigsky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 11:52 AM   #24
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
And everything is back to normal...

As far as video and mobile issues.. anyone interested in beta testing a new UI soon?
I'll beta test. I just sent static errors and warnings on the pages just now with developer mode on and the error console output as well and I will send more throughout the day with usage. Thanks.
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #25
JeremyJet
Handicapper

I wanted to sign up with AmWager today, but it seems I am not able to because of the state I live in. Why so many restrictions at AmWager?
JeremyJet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #26
Gorrex

Where possible we are working on expanding the states we can allow. That said, some states are very prohibitive in fees and some actually require our competitors to allow us to operate there (and another is soon to go that way..).

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 09-26-2018, 01:43 PM   #27
JeremyJet
Handicapper

Quote:
Where possible we are working on expanding the states we can allow. That said, some states are very prohibitive in fees and some actually require our competitors to allow us to operate there (and another is soon to go that way..).
So frustrating. The industry is doing a great job driving people out of the game.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #28
JeremyJet
Handicapper

Question for anyone that uses the Kelly Criterion in ATRpro.

On page 28 of the PDF file they offer it give an example of how they use the Kelly methodology. It seems they calculate the Kelly bet in isolation. In their example they bet four horses in the race .... based on the M/L ... a line that is not normalized to 1. That aside, the bet amounts are not correct if you plan on betting on all four horses. The bet amounts increase if you play more than one horse. The correct bet amounts are as follows ... based on a $950 bankroll:

#1: $145
#5: $127
#6: $183
#8: $161

ATRpro lists the bet amounts as follows:

#1: $102
#5: $53
#6: $146
#8: $82

Is this how it works on ATRpro, or is it different with the latest version of the program?
Old 10-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #29
ultracapper

Don't use TVG, that's for certain.

In the 6th on their computer feed today, the win pool went from $21K to $125K, and the odds-on favorite in the win pool went from $8k to $66K IN THE FINAL TWO UPDATES AFTER ZERO MINUTES TO POST.

As they were loading I was thinking "What a crappy handle". Got fooled badly on that one.

Last edited by ultracapper; 10-08-2018 at 06:31 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 10:12 PM   #30
Mr.XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Don't use TVG, that's for certain.

In the 6th on their computer feed today, the win pool went from $21K to $125K, and the odds-on favorite in the win pool went from $8k to $66K IN THE FINAL TWO UPDATES AFTER ZERO MINUTES TO POST.

As they were loading I was thinking "What a crappy handle". Got fooled badly on that one.
Semi-related, overall-- adw computer pools often lag behind the pools shown on the "live" video from the same adw on the same computer.

And speaking of video, NYRA's is unwatchable. They just don't have enough bandwidth. Even just surfing on their website grinds to a halt, especially on busy days. I rarely see such issues on other ADW's. Granted, other feeds are not HD & lag further behind. Plus as well NYRA has a daily web contest with 5k participants. But still
Mr.XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: