Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 10-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Day 8 Results:

TLG | 5 for 9 | $18.10 | +$.10
1) Third
2) First $4.70
3) First $2.40
4) First $3.50
5) Tenth
6) Second @ 27-1
7) Third
8) First $4.00
9) First $3.50 -- Cold Exacta $38.40
TLG Totals | 12 for 75 | 16% | $150 Bet | $70.60 Return | -$79.40 Profit | -53% ROI

--------------------------------------

CMOORE | 1 for 8 | $4.70 | -$11.30
1) No Wager
2) First $4.70
3) Second
4) Second
5) Third
6) Sixth
7) Fourth
8) Eighth
9) Fourth
CMOORE Totals | 10 for 74 | 14% | $148 Bet | $73 Return | -$75 Profit | -51% ROI
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #62
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I originally said that if someone has a race where all his picks scratch, then the race will be tossed out for both players....however, I now think this is a dumb rule (it occured in today's first, when all of Cmoore's picks scratched).

After 500 races, if one player misses a couple of races, it's not going to matter. One player should not be penalized if he should hit a race, only to have the winner thrown out if his rival ends up with no play in the race.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #63
cmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I originally said that if someone has a race where all his picks scratch, then the race will be tossed out for both players....however, I now think this is a dumb rule (it occured in today's first, when all of Cmoore's picks scratched).

After 500 races, if one player misses a couple of races, it's not going to matter. One player should not be penalized if he should hit a race, only to have the winner thrown out if his rival ends up with no play in the race.
No problem with that...It looks to me that Andy had a peek of the scratches today..Only two picks in the 3rd race ( no tri bet with the scratch) ..And all 4 picks in the 5th were MTO's..Not that I'm complaining he hit 5 chalk winners today..It didn't amount to much..But this done here and there could gain a small advantage..What do you think PACE??? You need to PM Andy and tell him..No scratch peeking..
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #64
cmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore
No problem with that...It looks to me that Andy had a peek of the scratches today..Only two picks in the 3rd race ( no tri bet with the scratch) ..And all 4 picks in the 5th were MTO's..Not that I'm complaining he hit 5 chalk winners today..It didn't amount to much..But this done here and there could gain a small advantage..What do you think PACE??? You need to PM Andy and tell him..No scratch peeking..
or..I have one scratch view available..I can save that for the last day and wait until he posts his picks and pick accordingly.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #65
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I know Andy didn't have scratches until at least 11:20, maybe later.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #66
the_fat_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore
.And all 4 picks in the 5th were MTO's..
Easy enough to explain: a lot of rain yesterday and some light rain today. No way NYRA is on the turf today. Chalk this one up to a 'home field advantage'.
the_fat_man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #67
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

As far as I know, he gives his picks in either the night before or the very early morning. The IT department posts the picks at the same time that they post the first batch of scratches / changes, but that doesn't mean he's made picks with knowledge of these late scratches.

I know I've seen multiple times through this last week where his top pick or some other pick of his is scratched...

I'm sure there will be an explanation one way or the other.

I must state very clearly for the record that this contest is all my idea. If Andy had his way, I'm sure this thread wouldn't exist, no matter the ultimate outcome. He really couldn't care less about this thread as far as I can tell. The picks on the NYRA site are posted there for those who want them..they're not posted for the benefit of me, Cmoore, or this silly idea of mine.

I'm only doing this because Light pissed me off...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-16-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #68
the little guy

OK, just this once I will say something here....

My picks are usually sent in the morning the day BEFORE the races are run, if not the night before that. I send in five or six picks per race. I also make a separate set of picks for turf and dirt on any day when rain is forcast. It is the job of the people who run our internet to update them either for scratches and/or surface changes. And, yes, sometimes I make late changes. For instance, in today's 6th race I originally picked the exact order, 3-6, but decided the people who actually follow my selections would be better served knowing that I thought the 6, Robachino, who was 2nd at 27:1, was an interesting play. Just as I made a point of saying in today's 9th that while I realized the 9 would likely win at short odds, the idea was to play the 5 and press the 9-5 exacta ( as I made even further clear on Twitter ). It has been made clear to those here that want to listen, that the idea is to give people an idea of how to play a race to make money, and the 1-2-3 picks, per se, are done because that's what some people want. Few serious horseplayers have some exact set of picks and attack a race that stringently ( at least in all situations ). We are simply providing a service for our customers and trying to cover as many bases as possible. If somebody wants to know more, they can listen to our shows, where I am often very clear when I am betting and how.

Believe it or not, and I mean no disrespect to PA, this supposed contest is of little or no consequence to me whatsoever. I am sure there are some very talented handicappers on this site. I take that for granted and don't need a contest to confirm or deny that. The picks on the NYRA site are for our customers....not this thread. Try and imagine how professionally dishonest it would be if I somehow didn't try to give what I perceive is the best possible advice to our customers because of this thread....and if that includes making late changes then that is what will always be done.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #69
cmoore

TLG,
Were about even after those 5 favorites hit for you today. You beat my 4-1 and 9-1 in the 3rd and 4th race..I had to go for value. As I usually do. Nice exacta hit in the last.. I know your going to make changes if needed for the website..Just stirring the pot here at PACE..May the best 500 race handicapper win..
Old 10-17-2009, 04:48 AM   #70
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I am hearing that TLG is on vacation this weekend. If that is the case and no picks appear on the website for him today (Saturday) and Sunday, then I will not be tracking any picks for this little contest for these two days.

One or two races where all of your horses scratch is one thing. Missing entire cards head-to-head is quite another.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #71
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I am hearing that TLG is on vacation this weekend. If that is the case and no picks appear on the website for him today (Saturday) and Sunday, then I will not be tracking any picks for this little contest for these two days.

One or two races where all of your horses scratch is one thing. Missing entire cards head-to-head is quite another.
Based on the vitriole that Rachel got for taking a rest, this cannot be anything but a case of ducking by Andy. I just hope Andy's trainer doesn't put him on the "clear" stuff to improve his performance, otherwise his record after the "vacation" would be tainted. Say it ain't so.

on all the above.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #72
cmoore

Belmont

Saturday, Oct. 17th

1)..--
2)..--
3)..--
4)..--
5)..--
6)..--
7)..--
8)..--
9)..--
10)..--
Old 10-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #73
Dave Schwartz

Okay... So, if I've got this right, Andy is on vacation and CMoore's picks don't count...

It just stands to reason that CMoore will have the day of his life.

This would seem to be a good day to fire up on his picks!

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #74
cmoore

Belmont

Wednesday Oct. 21st

1)..--
2)..--
3)..--
4)..--
5)..--
6)..--
7)..--